Canada 2010 - Very Well Put

Lovemoon

My friend send me this to my email and I would like to share it with you guys :)

What do you guys think of this??

Enough  is enough - glad that man took a  stand!

Our  National Anthem - at the  2010 Vancouver Olympics
Please read and  forward to as many Canadians you can think of -  thank you!

WE  ARE PROUD CANADIANS
Bruce  Allen is on the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Committee and  new Canadians (specifically  Hindi's/Indian's) want him fired for his recent  comments outlined below:
?I am  sorry, but after hearing they want to sing the National  Anthem in Hindi at  the 2010 Olympics- enough is  enough. Nowhere  or at no other time in our Nation's history, did they  sing it in Italian, Japanese, Polish, Irish  (Celtic), German, Portuguese, Greek, or any other  language because of immigration. It was  written in English, adapted into French, and should be  sung word for word the way it was  written. "

The  news broadcasts even gave the Hindi version translation  - which was  not even close to our National  Anthem. I  am not the least bit sorry if this offends ANYONE, this  is MY COUNTRY; My Grand Dad served in the military,  other family members also served, as well as my  wife & I served a combined total of 56 years between  us. We made many sacrifices for our country  and do not feel we should feel obligated to  allow invited people we've welcomed with open  arms to influence & change our society to better  resemble the one they chose to leave to come  here!!! - IF YOU AGREE ABOUT THIS  GREAT COUNTRY, SPEAK UP BEFORE IT?S TOO  LATE
--  Please pass this along.
I am not against immigration.  In fact I believe we need more, my ancestors were  immigrants -- just come through like  everyone else. Get a sponsor; a place to  lay your head; have a job; pay your taxes, live by  the Rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other  immigrants have in the past -- and LONG LIVE  CANADA!'

It's  time we all get behind Bruce Allen, and scrap this  Political Correctness His comments were anything  but racist, however, there are far too many overly  sensitive 'New Canadians' that are  attempting  to change everything we hold dear.

ARE you  PART OF THE PROBLEM?? Think about this: If you don't  want to forward this for fear of offending someone,  will we still be the Country of Choice and still  be CANADA if we continue to make the  changes forced on us by the people from  other countries who have come to live  in CANADA because it is the Country of  Choice??????

Think  about it!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT  CANADIAN'S, MUST ADAPT.

It's  Time for CANADIANS to speak up.
If you agree?   Pass this along;
If you don't  agree?
Delete  it and reap what you sow because of your  complacency!

Thanks for sharing this lovemoon, never heard of it before? and wow! How much will these people ask for in the future? how much do they want to be accomodate. I will make it easy for them: this is Canada, and not India, Poland, Iraq or anything other country. Only the Canadian national anthem will be played. If you don't like it, go back to the country YOU ESCAPED FROM!

WOW, can't believe we are reaching these levels.  And I can't believe I am even responding to this.

But hey, at the end of the day, I don't blame the Indians for trying to exploit Canada. I blame the whole concept of 'multiculturalism' which is being exploited by some immigrants and taken too far. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

ASHOOR

ASHOOR

"Hay Canada, mere pyaaaaaaaaaar divanaaaaaaa." They should bust out with some complicated dancing right in the middle of it too.

I would want to hear it just because it would make me laugh, because I'm a terrible person like that :)

But yeah, it's wrong. Very, very wrong.

Rita, la payish lebakh, if they don't sing the national anthem in Assyrian, I will complain to the 'CanadianHuman Rights Commission' and trust me, it doesn't get more silly than with these guys lol. They will slaughter and behead 100 Canadians just to satisfy one complaint from an immigrant to this country.

ASHOOR

what is an immigrant and what is a canadian really?  Are canadians not themselves immigrants?  When is one an immigrant and when do they become a canadian?  Is it merely though getting citizenship?  Is it when they proclaim their 'canadianism'?  Why is it that when you think of canadians, you never think of anything besides white ppl?  Do you actually believe that ppl look at non-white ppl and think of them as canadians, or do they merely think of them as iraqis/hindus/chinese who reside in canada?

the only true canadians were for the most part killed off a long time ago...if you want the anthem in canadian, sing it in native canadian.

ultoMa said:
what is an immigrant and what is a canadian really?  Are canadians not themselves immigrants?  When is one an immigrant and when do they become a canadian?  Is it merely though getting citizenship?  Is it when they proclaim their 'canadianism'?  Why is it that when you think of canadians, you never think of anything besides white ppl?  Do you actually believe that ppl look at non-white ppl and think of them as canadians, or do they merely think of them as iraqis/hindus/chinese who reside in canada?

the only true canadians were for the most part killed off a long time ago...if you want the anthem in canadian, sing it in native canadian.

Let us get realistic man! We all know what is meant by a real Canadian. If you want to be technical, well then, no one is original, and the whole land belong to God, and so do we.

But we are speaking legal and UN-defined laws and borders here.

And regardless who is Canadian, I do know that white Canadians are much more Canadian than Indians who came from India (that we agree on at least, don't we?)

There is no need to twist and turn, who is this and who is that: it is pretty clear, these guys are idiots for requesting this. More like hypocrits.

ASHOOR

I agree with Ultoma.  English and French are both immigrant languages and so is Hindi.  Go for it and sing it in any immigrant language you like.  Or just do the Inuktitut version.

The other problem with what is written above is that the Anglocentric douche who wrote it is a freaking liar.  O Canada was written as a French song and was later adapted into English twenty some years later and never finalized as an English version until 1980.  The French version remains original.  If he/she wants the original version performed like the primitive traditionalist the he/she presumes to be then I better hear it like this:

? Canada!
Terre de nos a?eux,
Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux!
Car ton bras sait porter l'?p?e,
Il sait porter la croix!
Ton histoire est une ?pop?e
Des plus brillants exploits.
Et ta valeur, de foi tremp?e,
Prot?gera nos foyers et nos droits
Prot?gera nos foyers et nos droits.

Jacob, are you an undercover Canadian? 'Cause we don't take too kindly to their kind 'round here! :nono:

:lol:

jacob said:
I agree with Ultoma.  English and French are both immigrant languages and so is Hindi.  Go for it and sing it in any immigrant language you like.  Or just do the Inuktitut version.

The other problem with what is written above is that the Anglocentric douche who wrote it is a freaking liar.  O Canada was written as a French song and was later adapted into English twenty some years later and never finalized as an English version until 1980.  The French version remains original.  If he/she wants the original version performed like the primitive traditionalist the he/she presumes to be then I better hear it like this:

? Canada!
Terre de nos a?eux,
Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux!
Car ton bras sait porter l'?p?e,
Il sait porter la croix!
Ton histoire est une ?pop?e
Des plus brillants exploits.
Et ta valeur, de foi tremp?e,
Prot?gera nos foyers et nos droits
Prot?gera nos foyers et nos droits.

Jacob, it is very simple: who built, developed and populated this country, from the way it was before? who turned it into a real country? there is your answer brother.

I have nothing against Native people (after all, Assyrians are the native people of Iraq) but we all know, had it been to them, Canada would be the same as what our Extreme north is (huts, igloo etc.)

European white man was responsible for real nation building. They turned this country into what it really is today. If it was someone else who did that, then credit would be given to them (be it Chinese, Arabs, etc)

But the Anglophone and Francophone made the trip here, and gave all the sacrifices, so it is their country and rightly so.

I can't believe we are even arguing about this???

ASHOOR

The F*ck they sing it in hindi

who the F*ck even thought of the idea

THIS IS CANADA AND PEOPLE NEED TO F*CKING WAKE UP AND ACCEPTED

R O B I N said:
The F*ck they sing it in hindi

who the F*ck even thought of the idea

THIS IS CANADA AND PEOPLE NEED TO F*CKING WAKE UP AND ACCEPTED

NOO NOO bro, don't let the 'Canadian Human Rights Commission' or some 'Liberals' hear you, they will beat you really good!

You heard that ROBIN? you can't hurt their feelings man, don't ever say the word 'Canada' this country is open to everyone!

Was I clear enough? now go hide from Barbara Hall and her gangsters at the HRC!!!!

ASHOOR

ASHOOR said:
NOO NOO bro, don't let the 'Canadian Human Rights Commission' or some 'Liberals' hear you, they will beat you really good!

You heard that ROBIN? you can't hurt their feelings man, don't ever say the word 'Canada' this country is open to everyone!

Was I clear enough? now go hide from Barbara Hall and her gangsters at the HRC!!!!

ASHOOR

I don't give too shut bro let them see it and we have the right in this country to say what we please just like this F*ck who wants the Anthem in Hendi

ASHOOR said:
Jacob, it is very simple: who built, developed and populated this country, from the way it was before? who turned it into a real country? there is your answer brother.

I have nothing against Native people (after all, Assyrians are the native people of Iraq) but we all know, had it been to them, Canada would be the same as what our Extreme north is (huts, igloo etc.)

European white man was responsible for real nation building. They turned this country into what it really is today. If it was someone else who did that, then credit would be given to them (be it Chinese, Arabs, etc)

But the Anglophone and Francophone made the trip here, and gave all the sacrifices, so it is their country and rightly so.

I can't believe we are even arguing about this???

ASHOOR

The indigenous people of Canada were practically wiped out by the time any industrial revolution happened in North America.  I'd hardly call the original Viking, and later French, colonial outposts more advanced than those of the natives.  The white man just conquered and killed and went along for the industrial ride that swept along later.  We can't say for sure or not if the natives would've continued on in their ways or adapted to a civilization with more technological and industrial advancement.  They were never given the chance.  They hold on to their old ways because it's all they have left.  You can't blame them for that.

We've done the same thing after our population has faced extinction many times.  Don't you think that given the chance to have grown, Assyrians would've become an industrialized nation with great modern advancements to our credit?  When continually kept down and murdered a people can't grow or progress, and for that I blame the white man in North America.  And I refuse to honor some false white pride and claim to land by singing their songs in their language.  White people have as much a claim to this land as any Indian or Chinese do for that matter.  If they make up a significant number of the population give them their stupid song.  Otherwise like I said before, be a real traditionalist and sing it in French.  No more English O Canada from now on.

jacob said:
The indigenous people of Canada were practically wiped out by the time any industrial revolution happened in North America.  I'd hardly call the original Viking, and later French, colonial outposts more advanced than those of the natives.  The white man just conquered and killed and went along for the industrial ride that swept along later.  We can't say for sure or not if the natives would've continued on in their ways or adapted to a civilization with more technological and industrial advancement.  They were never given the chance.  They hold on to their old ways because it's all they have left.  You can't blame them for that.

We've done the same thing after our population has faced extinction many times.  Don't you think that given the chance to have grown, Assyrians would've become an industrialized nation with great modern advancements to our credit?  When continually kept down and murdered a people can't grow or progress, and for that I blame the white man in North America.  And I refuse to honor some false white pride and claim to land by singing their songs in their language.  White people have as much a claim to this land as any Indian or Chinese do for that matter.  If they make up a significant number of the population give them their stupid song.  Otherwise like I said before, be a real traditionalist and sing it in French.  No more English O Canada from now on.

why so much hate towards Canadians dude ?

How would you like it if the American Anthem was sang in Regae Tone or Spanish ?

Well Jacob, I won't go deep into details with that aspect, because white man's intention wasn't to wipe out the natives, but the natives saw them as invaders and decided to defend themselves and that is when the killing on both sides started. Eventually, white man was victorious of course, but not just through power, but through brain too. They brought with them all the advances and knowledge they had already enjoyed back home and used it to their advantage. They built pioneered, built, enterprised, traded, exchanged, invented, explored, connected etc.

They basically created a system, and turned an entire snow/desert land into a great continent. Sure natives could have done it too, but I could assure you not at this pace or degree. Far from it!

I am just giving credit where it is due, that is all.

ASHOOR

Oh Robin, jacob could care less man lol, here or in America haha.

har aya pyasha, let something like this happen in the US, not in a million years man. In the USA, there is no such concept as our 'Multiculturalism' which these idiots are taking advantage of.

I like the concept, so we can promote our Assyrian culture, but to take advantage of it like this? no way....have some respect for the country that accepted you!

I bet you the people who are upset by this are low and not very significant in the Indian community, because most have full respect for Canada and its culture and laws.

ASHOOR

R O B I N said:

How would you like it if the American Anthem was sang in Regae Tone or Spanish ?

It's not hatred to Canadians, it's hatred towards Xenophobes who claim a white superiority since they were able to wipe out a native population.  I don't sing the American national anthem, but I'm entirely 100% in favor of singing the American anthem in Spanish if those Spanish speakers choose too.  They were here first and have every right to claim part of this land as their indigenous homeland.  If they choose to assimilate to the new country that conquered them, then it's their choice how they choose to show that patriotism.

Ashoor it was every bit the white man's intention to colonize North America.  What did they expect to meet with other than resistance from the natives?  They knew what they were doing and they used their superior weaponry to exterminate the indigenous population.  It's not as innocent as you make it sound that the natives just didn't like it and defended themselves prompting the invaders to kill them all.  The Europeans were an Imperial force sent here to establish new colonies and gain new wealth for the kingdoms of Europe at any cost.  It was a disgusting practice that shouldn't be dismissed so easily.

I'm always amazed at immigrants that think like white people and want to deny other immigrants from doing things culturally their own.  What do you think the Anglos think of you guys when they hear you speaking Assyrian?  How many times have you been told to go back to where you came from?

R O B I N said:

I hold no allegiance to any nation....so, go for it.

btw, thanks j-smooth, i'm digging your knowledge on this matter.

jacob said:
It's not hatred to Canadians, it's hatred towards Xenophobes who claim a white superiority since they were able to wipe out a native population.  I don't sing the American national anthem, but I'm entirely 100% in favor of singing the American anthem in Spanish if those Spanish speakers choose too.  They were here first and have every right to claim part of this land as their indigenous homeland.  If they choose to assimilate to the new country that conquered them, then it's their choice how they choose to show that patriotism.

Ashoor it was every bit the white man's intention to colonize North America.  What did they expect to meet with other than resistance from the natives?  They knew what they were doing and they used their superior weaponry to exterminate the indigenous population.  It's not as innocent as you make it sound that the natives just didn't like it and defended themselves prompting the invaders to kill them all.  The Europeans were an Imperial force sent here to establish new colonies and gain new wealth for the kingdoms of Europe at any cost.  It was a disgusting practice that shouldn't be dismissed so easily.

I'm always amazed at immigrants that think like white people and want to deny other immigrants from doing things culturally their own.  What do you think the Anglos think of you guys when they hear you speaking Assyrian?  How many times have you been told to go back to where you came from?

Dude they have there own country and when the Olympics ever be held there then they can sing there anthem in there own language but don't go telling me is right for them to sign it in hindi when the country only understands English and French

I bet you anything you would not be  ok if the national anthem was to be sang  in Spanish at the olympics in the USA

R O B I N said:
Dude they have there own country and when the Olympics ever be held there then they can sing there anthem in there own language but don't go telling me is right for them to sign it in hindi when the country only understands English and French

I bet you anything you would not be  ok if the national anthem was to be sang  in Spanish at the olympics in the USA

I wouldn't care if they sang it in Spanish.  A large minority of this country speaks Spanish and the native Mexicans were on this continent before any Europeans were.  Of course they didn't speak Spanish then, but that's a different story.  Now I know the argument is different with the Hindi singing in Canada because they are not native there like Mexicans are here, but the fact remains that if the population is significant enough why not let them do it?  It's not like they are going to abandon the English or French in favor of Hindi.  They will probably use all of them.  People aren't opposed to doing split verses of the anthem in English and French, well actually a lot of Anglos in Canada are, especially out west, but why not do one line in Hindi as a nod to those Canadians that make up a great part of the country?

jacob said:
I wouldn't care if they sang it in Spanish.  A large minority of this country speaks Spanish and the native Mexicans were on this continent before any Europeans were.  Of course they didn't speak Spanish then, but that's a different story.  Now I know the argument is different with the Hindi singing in Canada because they are not native there like Mexicans are here, but the fact remains that if the population is significant enough why not let them do it?  It's not like they are going to abandon the English or French in favor of Hindi.  They will probably use all of them.  People aren't opposed to doing split verses of the anthem in English and French, well actually a lot of Anglos in Canada are, especially out west, but why not do one line in Hindi as a nod to those Canadians that make up a great part of the country?

Because there is nothing about this country that represents India and they are a very small population of this country

R O B I N said:
Because there is nothing about this country that represents India and they are a very small population of this country

If CBC broadcasts hockey games in Punjabi, I'm guessing the population is significant enough.

Though that brings up another question.  Which Indian language are they going to use?  There are over a few hundred of them over there.  Yeah that's not gonna work.  I'm going back to my French only stance on this issue.

jacob said:
If CBC broadcasts hockey games in Punjabi, I'm guessing the population is significant enough.

Though that brings up another question.  Which Indian language are they going to use?  There are over a few hundred of them over there.  Yeah that's not gonna work.  I'm going back to my French only stance on this issue.

i like you French connection idea and we stick to that

I think it will be French/English just like they do it at the Hockey games

R O B I N said:
i like you French connection idea and we stick to that

I think it will be French/English just like they do it at the Hockey games

That would be my guess as well, especially since they are the official languages of the country.

That's why it's more difficult here in the States.  We don't have an official language.

jacob said:

I know plenty of the indigenous people of north America were killed viciously at the hands of white settlers, but I?d always thought their populations suffered most due to the exposure to foreign diseases that had been brought by European carriers and it?s mainly what wiped them out so quickly.

Back