Shocking Breaking News: Assyrian Bishop Mar Mari has been Stabbed!

And this my friend is not just an Assyrian problem, but a Christian problem. Instead of concentrating on commonalities such as a belief in Jesus Christ the saviour, they argue about how many fingers you should use when doing the sign of the cross and whether you go from right to left, or left to right. I could never understand the hatred between Croatians (Catholic) and Serbians (Orthodox), nor the hatred in Northern Ireland between Protestants and Catholics, but our own Assyrians are almost as bad. To the best of my knowledge (and I am happy to be corrected), none of the other Assyrian Christian leaders have come out in any show of support.

Ironically, these issues have led to Mar Mari being popular, not just with Assyrians longing for spiritual guidance, but plenty of non-Assyrians have been interviewed by the media who are parishioners.

Mar Meelis has already come out and issued a public statement " We will Sue you, so be careful ". Watch the Hypocrisy of Assyrians and how far they will go in spreading hatred and false allegations towards their Fellow Bishops, just because they have different theological differences and different opinions.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5pW2zGatXg

Unbelievable how the Media changed the attention from a Serious Terrorist attack by a Muslim into an Assyrian Riot in which Police are now chasing those Men to Arrest them!

Funnily enough, the 16 year old Kid has not been charged at all. He is still in Hospital. As usual, Kids do not face Serious consequences... he will be Freed soon and sooner or later, another attack will occur
You may have spoken too soon because he has now been charged. Though, being a 16 year old, I am not very hopeful of much of a punishment.

Whilst I have always despised the media for their sensationalism, I do not blame them about the rioters as that has been the main question my non-Assyrian friends and colleagues ask me about. At the end of the day, 1 Muslim has been arrested and several Assyrians are going to be arrested. The numbers don't lie. Assyrians in Sydney can be their own worst enemy. It should have been about the stabbing and only the stabbing but the Assyrian thugs want it to all be about them. There was absolutely nothing to be achieved by the thugs and they have embarrassed the Assyrian community, yet again, and taken the spotlight off this would-be assassin. I don't blame the media at all. I blame bad parenting because these dole-bludging uneducated parents have given us so many uneducated dole-bludging neanderthal-like youth, wasting their life and choosing the thug life to feel relevant. They are not heroes. They are villains and should be treated as such.

Mar Meelis has already come out and issued a public statement " We will Sue you, so be careful ". Watch the Hypocrisy of Assyrians and how far they will go in spreading hatred and false allegations towards their Fellow Bishops, just because they have different theological differences and different opinions.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5pW2zGatXg
That was several weeks ago, way before the stabbing.

That was several weeks ago, way before the stabbing.

Yes Correct, so do you then expect him or any other Assyrian Religious figures to come out in Support? or at least to Condemn what happened to him?

As far as Assyrian Religious leaders are concerned, he is a Suspended and defrocked Bishop, hence he is a Heretic, Evil and dangerous fraud.

Meelis Zaia (I refuse to attach the title of “Mar” next to his name) embodies all the traits of a man possessed by lucifer. 1.. anger..2 jealousy 3..politically and financially motivated threats and this is just to name a few.

Meelis cherry picks the most innocent thing Mar Mari says about baby Jesus in an innocent joking and loving way. Jesus laughed, cried, joked with his followers, drank wine and danced at weddings, ran around playing with children.

If god came in the form of a human, born from a mother and was a baby like Jesus was, Meelis is the type to lock him up in a big sandooqa made out of glass, charge people at the front door to see baby Jesus and he’s telling everyone baby Jesus doesn’t need to poop or pee he is GOD. then once he makes a poopoo Meelis will be infuriated and threat to sue the baby and his mother.

I hope Mar Mari will end all the divisions in the churches no more catholic no more orthodox no more Protestant no more branches just ONE Christian church of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Bishops these days are acting like rappers battling eachother for a rank, who sits on what chair, weather the sign of the cross should be from left to right or right to left, over the mother of God, and so on.

I’m still cracking up about the story Mar Mari told about this young boy praying to Jesus for a new bike for a couple days straight saying “hi Jesus I want a new bike please leave it by my door I’ll wake up in the morning and see it there”

Each day he wakes up there was no bike .. so he got frustrated, he took the statue of Mary put it under his coat and left the house with it then finally at night when he was about to sleep he prays “Jesus , if u ever want to see your mother again…”

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes Correct, so do you then expect him or any other Assyrian Religious figures to come out in Support? or at least to Condemn what happened to him?

As far as Assyrian Religious leaders are concerned, he is a Suspended and defrocked Bishop, hence he is a Heretic, Evil and dangerous fraud.
I expect a Christian to do so. Perhaps, it was naive for me to think an Assyrian would do so. Living in Darwin makes me forget what my people are like.

This is what an Egyptian man said about Mar Mari and why he is different and loved:

“ Through watching some of his videos, I've noticed why people like to follow Mar Mari (regardless of whether his beliefs are 100% accurate or not) and why he hasn't released a clear video explicitly stating that his Christian faith is wrong. However, I wanted to shed light on why people like to follow him and his very successful service, from which we can learn:

- He's passionate about spreading the Gospel of Christ and the message of salvation to people, and people are eager to see this message conveyed concisely.
- He's adept at promoting his service through media very well, portraying the Christian monk or religious figure in a wonderful light.
- He courageously discusses religious differences without insulting or offending anyone.
- He interacts with people on the streets and in public places, showing them an exemplary model of priests, bishops, and religious men.
- He speaks truthfully against world leaders and lawmakers on issues like homosexuality, abortion, and other ethical matters.
- His words are easily understood as he is articulate and capable of explaining information in a clear, smooth, and profound manner.
- He serves in the language of the times, using contemporary methods and data to deliver the service accurately in today's format.
- He innovates activities such as feeding the homeless and sharing God's word with them, mirroring the actions of Christ.
- He proclaims the truth with humility, without resorting to threats or bigotry.
- While many are focused on societal issues, he is doing positive Christian work to illuminate even a part of the darkness.

He does all of this genuinely from his heart, not just for show, evidenced by his impact and outreach to people,”

This is what an Egyptian man said about Mar Mari and why he is different and loved:

“ Through watching some of his videos, I've noticed why people like to follow Mar Mari (regardless of whether his beliefs are 100% accurate or not) and why he hasn't released a clear video explicitly stating that his Christian faith is wrong. However, I wanted to shed light on why people like to follow him and his very successful service, from which we can learn:

- He's passionate about spreading the Gospel of Christ and the message of salvation to people, and people are eager to see this message conveyed concisely.
- He's adept at promoting his service through media very well, portraying the Christian monk or religious figure in a wonderful light.
- He courageously discusses religious differences without insulting or offending anyone.
- He interacts with people on the streets and in public places, showing them an exemplary model of priests, bishops, and religious men.
- He speaks truthfully against world leaders and lawmakers on issues like homosexuality, abortion, and other ethical matters.
- His words are easily understood as he is articulate and capable of explaining information in a clear, smooth, and profound manner.
- He serves in the language of the times, using contemporary methods and data to deliver the service accurately in today's format.
- He innovates activities such as feeding the homeless and sharing God's word with them, mirroring the actions of Christ.
- He proclaims the truth with humility, without resorting to threats or bigotry.
- While many are focused on societal issues, he is doing positive Christian work to illuminate even a part of the darkness.

He does all of this genuinely from his heart, not just for show, evidenced by his impact and outreach to people,”
Most importantly, he doesnt preach with ego or as someone of high authority, he preaches with love and about love.

Would you believe (and remember, I am away from Sydney) it was my Vietnamese friend who first told me about Mar Mari? This was only a few short years ago around the time of the Covid lockdowns. When I heard what he said about the Covid vaccines and the lockdowns, I instantly became a fan of his. Since then, I have watched so many of his videos, where he talks about so many topics. I can't remember one time where I disagreed with him on his political opinions (though I am sure at some point, I will find something). Then the liturgy. He is so consistent with the bible. None of this LGBT whitewashing or Zionist whitewashing which other churches who have been filled with Freemasons currently do. Just sticks to what is in the bible and the context it is said in.

The most interesting thing about his YouTube videos are the comments from non-Christians. They love him.

Would you believe (and remember, I am away from Sydney) it was my Vietnamese friend who first told me about Mar Mari? This was only a few short years ago around the time of the Covid lockdowns. When I heard what he said about the Covid vaccines and the lockdowns, I instantly became a fan of his. Since then, I have watched so many of his videos, where he talks about so many topics. I can't remember one time where I disagreed with him on his political opinions (though I am sure at some point, I will find something). Then the liturgy. He is so consistent with the bible. None of this LGBT whitewashing or Zionist whitewashing which other churches who have been filled with Freemasons currently do. Just sticks to what is in the bible and the context it is said in.

The most interesting thing about his YouTube videos are the comments from non-Christians. They love him.
You know Mar Mari been to Israel? How’s samira btw ?

Coptics Openly label Assyrians as Heretics because of Nestorious and his teachings, however what surprised me was a recent statement by the Bishop of Coptics who was asked about Mar Mari and whether he has any sympathy for him..... He was quoted saying :

The Assyrian Church of the East is the only Church that openly Praises St. Nestorious in their prayers which is Fine if they want to believe in his teachings that all other Christians found to be heretical but what is appalling is that they are also the only Church that Curses other Saints in their Prayers, Saints whom opposed Nestoor and rejected his Claim on the Nature of Christ ".

I would like to know if indeed there is any Assyrian Prayers that curses other Saints or not!

The Assyrian thugs who came at the end, after the arrests had been made, would not know Jesus Christ if they tripped over him. They probably would not know what the inside of a church looks like. They are uneducated dole-bludging gangsta wannabee no-hopers. I heard 2 arrests have been made and several others will be made today.

Once again, the fringe element in our community embarrass the community. Imagine, a "terrorist attack" agains Assyrians, yet more Assyrians than non-Assyrians get arrested.

The ironic part, unlike with Eddie's example above, the police actually did their job and the majority of our community have praised the police for what they did. These thugs (apparently not all were Assyrian but Lebanese (Maronite) and Egyptian (Coptic) were among them) are looking for legitimacy in their communities but the reality is, they are dole-bludging no-hopers, who are just as bad as the thug who stabbed Mar Mari. I hope they all get arrested and thrown in prison. Their escalation was totally unnecessary and neanderthal-like.
Yep, in total agreement here...Acting like monkeys won't get us anywhere. Those who live by the sword shall die by the sword.

And yes, many of these violent protesters were Lebanese and Egyptian youth looking to make trouble with the cops (since they listen to hip hop and well, rap is all "fuck da police"). They had surnames like Mansour and Haddad. They weren't even part of the church as well (this was confirmed by NSW police commissioner). Just there to abuse cops. Of course, Assyrians were among them as well, but not all were Assyrians and the three arrested guys had Arabic surnames. So let's hope they weren't aturayeh.

I've also heard about Serbs and Macedonians being in the riots as well, but this isn't confirmed.

Last edited:
Meelis Zaia (I refuse to attach the title of “Mar” next to his name) embodies all the traits of a man possessed by lucifer. 1.. anger..2 jealousy 3..politically and financially motivated threats and this is just to name a few.

Meelis cherry picks the most innocent thing Mar Mari says about baby Jesus in an innocent joking and loving way. Jesus laughed, cried, joked with his followers, drank wine and danced at weddings, ran around playing with children.

If god came in the form of a human, born from a mother and was a baby like Jesus was, Meelis is the type to lock him up in a big sandooqa made out of glass, charge people at the front door to see baby Jesus and he’s telling everyone baby Jesus doesn’t need to poop or pee he is GOD. then once he makes a poopoo Meelis will be infuriated and threat to sue the baby and his mother.

I hope Mar Mari will end all the divisions in the churches no more catholic no more orthodox no more Protestant no more branches just ONE Christian church of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Bishops these days are acting like rappers battling eachother for a rank, who sits on what chair, weather the sign of the cross should be from left to right or right to left, over the mother of God, and so on.

I’m still cracking up about the story Mar Mari told about this young boy praying to Jesus for a new bike for a couple days straight saying “hi Jesus I want a new bike please leave it by my door I’ll wake up in the morning and see it there”

Each day he wakes up there was no bike .. so he got frustrated, he took the statue of Mary put it under his coat and left the house with it then finally at night when he was about to sleep he prays “Jesus , if u ever want to see your mother again…”

🤣🤣🤣🤣
J Rok, you're a good bloke and we agree usually, but I think we should stop with these vicious name callings. Seems so rampant in our community (with Sally Harb who I admire at times, calling Mar Mari demonic and a son of Satan in her videos), and now people calling another bishop Lucifer. Oh and recently, a "tough Assyrian man" with his Upper Tyari dialect on TikTok spitting on Sally, cos of her opinions about Mar Mari (what a real "arya", speaking to a woman like that). We can be too harsh on people, especially our own. Basa kheena.

Yes, Meelis is far from perfect. He is very flawed and greedy (we can call him Mar Lawsuit, as they always do Lol). But he's not a bad man at heart. Terms such as the devil, lucifer, etc are too harsh. There are true demonic people out there and it's not our flawed Assyrian bishops.

J Rok, you're a good bloke and we agree usually, but I think we should stop with these vicious name callings. Seems so rampant in our community (with Sally Harb who I admire at times, calling Mar Mari demonic and a son of Satan in her videos), and now people calling another bishop Lucifer. Oh and recently, a "tough Assyrian man" with his Upper Tyari dialect on TikTok spitting on Sally, cos of her opinions about Mar Mari (what a real "arya", speaking to a woman like that). We can be too harsh on people, especially our own. Basa kheena.

Yes, Meelis is far from perfect. He is very flawed and greedy (we can call him Mar Lawsuit, as they always do Lol). But he's not a bad man at heart. Terms such as the devil, lucifer, etc are too harsh. There are true demonic people out there and it's not our flawed Assyrian bishops.
Yea that was too much. I have a lawyer on retainer just in case.

An addendum: The latest rioter who surrendered to the police is named Nikolaj Mikic. Definitely not an Assyrian. And the guy who fiercely jumped on the car was 'Orjuwan Muthanna Nafea'. Not an Assyrian as well.

I'm glad in a way that my people weren't the most vicious ones that night.

I can’t believe Mar Mari lost his eye ..I thought there was no life altering injuries. I’m devastated man.

Yeah man, I am just as puzzled and even more shocking that no one is asking this same question.

We were told he will be fine and no one ever mentioned anything about an eye injury. And now he returns with only one eye?

Hoping this is just precautionary while it heals from the hit.

Yeah man, I am just as puzzled and even more shocking that no one is asking this same question.

We were told he will be fine and no one ever mentioned anything about an eye injury. And now he returns with only one eye?

Hoping this is just precautionary while it heals from the hit.
What precautionary tale ? HE LOST HIS EYE !! Omg ..

I can’t believe Mar Mari lost his eye ..I thought there was no life altering injuries. I’m devastated man.
I heard about this, but did Mar Mari HIMSELF confirm this? I still don't quiet believe it as only people are writing and speculating "he lost his eye forever".

I mean when I saw him with the eye patch I just thought his eye is injured and will heal soon. Is there a source that legitimately says his eye is permanently damaged (or a video of him saying it)?

Back