YOLO + FOMO = Bitcoin! I finally joined the cult!

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
After years of reading and hearing about it, I couldn’t resist anymore: as of earlier this week, I made my first Bitcoin purchase. Nothing big, but just testing the water.

it was a matter of YOLO and FOMO. I thought even if I lose this investment, it is a small amount and won’t make or break me.

better late than never, but never mind buying years ago, I wish I had bought even 6 weeks ago when it was like at half the price it is at today.

this is a long term investment: set and forget!

I still can't bring myself to do it. Many financial experts who were against it in the past, have now turned around and are investing in it. I am still convinced it is the real deal. I prefer to store my wealth in gold, though that has recently fallen. Been doing well in my other stock trading though.

I still can't bring myself to do it. Many financial experts who were against it in the past, have now turned around and are investing in it. I am still convinced it is the real deal. I prefer to store my wealth in gold, though that has recently fallen. Been doing well in my other stock trading though.

Believe me, it took me years till i finally had the courage to join. Actually, three things got me to finally get into this:

-Been reading too much about Bitcoin lately
-Been listening to a lot of podcasts about Bitcoin.
-We finally have good and use-friendly apps that allow Canadians to buy Bitcoint, without all the complicated stuff that come with Bitcoin (having your own wallet, BTC exchanges etc)

Today there was a nice dip and i so wanted to buy more but unfortunately didn't have any funds into my account. I need to start saving again for the next drop.

Like someone mentioned: Bitcoin has is now two step forward, one step backward.

ASHOOR

For any Canadians who want to get the app ShakePay, please use my referral link below:

Once you sign up and deposit $100 into your account, we both get $30 reward!

The cool thing about this app, other than it is ease of use and intuitiveness, they have a very cool feature where you can shake your phone once a day and they will reward you with a random number of fraction of a bitcoins (called Satoshis)

Another big dip today, down 17% in the last 24 hrs. But to me this is more of a Boxing Day sale, great chance to pick up more bitcoins.

I would like to turn this into a future Assyrian bitcoin group, to share and exchange ideas around this future currency.

I keep reading article after article about the massive energy need to run bitcoin (the same energy needed to power the country of Holland)

I was totally blown by this figure. Especially by a currency that is still not fully mined and far from being mainstream. I am far from being someone who talks about the environment, let alone being a radical environmentalist who wants us to live in the dark to save the planet. But you gotta be wondering if in the future the energy costs of maintaining blockchain will be so massive that it will offset any potential gains from having this e-currency?

I suspect the bitcoin holy grail is to find the technology that will enable the currency to run on half or fraction of the current energy needed, otherwise I don’t see this being sustaining itself in the long term.

Back