World Cup Final: Holland vs. Spain

ASHOOR said:
At this stage, only Brazil could take on Spain and beat them, and Holland is no Brazil,

ASHOOR

HAHAHA, you forgetting that it was HOLLAND that knocked your pathetic Brazil out?

Remember?, Holland did not Panic and played their game after going down 1-0 whilst Brazil choked and Panicked so bad after Holland equalised, so I believe Spain would give Brazil a spanking you would never forget.....

Merengues said:
For me, it has been the WORST World Cup in HISTORY of World Cups, yes even WORSE than 2002!

Hopefully Spain win to make it just that much more better, it feels like i have to wait 8 years instead of 4 years for the next World Cup since this one was so dissapointing.....

What was so bad about 2002?

It had goals, passionate supporters and a early exit from England, what more could you want? lol

And how could you forget Ronaldo & Ronaldinho in the same team..

davidb said:
It had goals, passionate supporters and a early exit from England, what more could you want? lol

Everything you mentioned was soo good, apart from South Koreas BLATANT cheating and of course Brazil winning it....

Merengues said:
HAHAHA, you forgetting that it was HOLLAND that knocked your pathetic Brazil out?

Remember?, Holland did not Panic and played their game after going down 1-0 whilst Brazil choked and Panicked so bad after Holland equalised, so I believe Spain would give Brazil a spanking you would never forget.....

I beg to differ bro. Putting that one period aside, I think majority of people were seeing Brazil as the potential champions. They were just too good and strong. They were the only team beside Spain that kept so much possession (even against big teams) , defended well and won the game. They had everything going for them.

But thanks to Melo, everything was lost in one period.

ASHOOR

davidb said:

Absolutely. One of my best world cups ever! That Brazil team with Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho could have probably beaten the Brazil team from 1970 (arguably best soccer team ever assembled)

And you know what is amazing? Romario could have joined them too, but Scolari was stubborn and didn't take him.

ASHOOR

Before their game against North Korea yes, after that....double hand-ball goal from Fabiano and a boring 0-0 against Portugal, Brazil only played good against Chile because Brazil are more experienced in this tournamnet than Chile

double hand ball goal from Fabiano and the constant chopping of dutch players in the first 10' of that gameand the way they panicked after Holland equalised....Yeah, now THAT is what i call favourites! lol

You can't solely blame Melo, Ashoor.

The minute the second half started Brazil didn't look up to it, they looked cocky and probably thought they had it in the bag due to their first half performance. You can't blame Melo for the first goal, and by the time he got sent off, Brazil looked like they had lost the game already.

davidb said:
You can't solely blame Melo, Ashoor.

The minute the second half started Brazil didn't look up to it, they looked cocky and probably thought they had it in the bag due to their first half performance. You can't blame Melo for the first goal, and by the time he got sent off, Brazil looked like they had lost the game already.

Oh no, he is not the only problem, but his mind just wasn't in it, and that reflected on the whole Brazil team.

No team is perfect, and each has different weaknesses. For Brazil it seems, their weakness was that Dunga didn't prepare them emotionally, or for how to make a come-back (even though they did make a great come-back against a well-prepared US team in the confederation cup: from a 2-0 deficit)

For as far as I can remember in the last two years, Brazil rarely had to come from behind. Now that is to be admired of course, but Dunga should have known that Brazil will not always have the lead. There will come times when you may lose the lead and have to come from behind.

This Brazilian team as well all know, didn't have the individual super stars that it had in 2002 and 2006. They were best as a team. And if Dunga doesn't do his job of preparing them, then the players themselvs can't do much. We saw him lose his temper for the simplest calls, and that reflected on the players.

Trust me, every Brazilian is talking about this: Dunga was a great coach and he brought amazing stability and results to Brazil, but unfortunately his biggest flow cost Brazil the game.

ASHOOR

Merengues said:
Cant believe you wont admit Brazil were just pure CRAP!, my brazillian friend herself admits it lol

No no, you are speaking in hindsight. Brazil were absolute crap in the second half, I would be a fool to deny that. But throughout the tournament? absolutely not.

Sure they weren't flashy and all that, but that doesn't mean they weren't good enough.

It is funny how even on those forums and blogs where I frequent about Brazil, everyone loving how good they were and getting better after every game. Then after that bad second half, they started saying bad things about Brazil. Took one half to ruin everything good they did in 5 games. But that is the world cup, you have to be ready every minute of every half.

And it is history now.

ASHOOR

If Spain was to have a very bad second half and lose to Holland, would you consider them a bad team this tournament? bear in mind, Spain has already lost a game and had difficulty beating Paraguay and Chile.

ASHOOR

This just in, Paul the Psychic Octopus, picks Spain to win the world cup.

Oh and he is also starting to receive death threats! haha.

ASHOOR

ASHOOR said:
If Spain was to have a very bad second half and lose to Holland, would you consider them a bad team this tournament? bear in mind, Spain has already lost a game and had difficulty beating Paraguay and Chile.

ASHOOR

Spain were playing crap for me the whole tournament up until the Germany game, where they tore germany a new hole, Brazil were playing very ordinarily, you just love Brazil too much too admit it, you love them so much that you have even found someone to blame for it lol

Bro, it doesn't matter to me that they were good the whole tournament, because they ruined it all in the second half against Holland.

So sure I like Brazil, they are my favorite team, but what matters is that despite playing very good most of the time, they absolutely ruined it when it mattered the most. So maybe for that alone, they weren't good enough.

Let us leave it at that, and focus on the game at hand (I couldn't help but to talk about them again)

ASHOOR

ASHOOR said:
This just in, Paul the Psychic Octopus, picks Spain to win the world cup.

Oh and he is also starting to receive death threats! haha.

ASHOOR

Germans are gonna cook him and eat him...its what i heard

MJaY said:
I'm going for the Dutch because I know Van P will play, whereas Cesc is on the bench/leaving us. Club loyalties!

Ok I can respect that. And now with Villa and Silva moving you really have nobody to support on Spain.

jacob said:
Ok I can respect that. And now with Villa and Silva moving you really have nobody to support on Spain.

Yup, I hate them all, all of a sudden! haha

Should be a good game. Hopefully the Dutch can nick a goal early so Spain can really go at them. If Spain score first, I can see them shutting up shop and making it a boring final. Holland don't know how to defend, which is always entertaining.

naturaly orange is above all, more so over the paella munchers  :wavetowel:

an interesting note; ive met robin van persie and his idiot wife several times in our pharmacy.

This has been the longest silly season ever for me(and probably most Liverpool supporters)!  Hurry up and finish!

Is it weird that I have butterflies in my stomach?  I can't wait till gametime. I think you all know who I'm supporting in this one, the team I've been cheering for since I lived there 9 years ago, Espa?a! Espa?a! Venga Vamos La Furia Roja!

Back