What statistical research would you want to conduct on Assyrians?

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Drawing on a previous blog article I had written about 10 years ago-currently in the process of republishing an update one-if an Assyrian center for research and analysis existed, what are some of the questions you would want answers to?

For example, personally speaking, and these are some of the things we have asked on this forums, this is what I would look for from such a center:

-What percentage of Assyrians have completed a PhD, masters, BA, High School diploma or no education at all
-What percentage of Assyrians speak the Assyrian language at home and as a first language?
-What areas and sectors of the economy are most Assyrians employed in? (i.e Health Care, Manufacturing, Information Technology etc.)
-What is the average income for an Assyrian family?
-Comparing regions (North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia/NZ) which region has the highest and lowest Assyrian birth-rates?
-What is the average number of hours that Assyrians spend on reading?
-What is the divorce rate for Assyrians?
-What is the number one disease that kills the most for Assyrians? (is it cancer or is it heart-related?)
-What percentage of Assyrians can read and write Assyrian? (doesn't have to be an at an advanced level)

What about you? If such a place existed, what are some of your questions and numbers you would like to find out more about, as it relates to the Assyrian population worldwide?

ASHOOR

-What is the Average fertility rate among Assyrians in Sweden/America/Canada/Australia/Germany?
-How many people in the Chaldean catholic church call themselves Assyrian?
-How many Assyrians hate Muslims in general?
-How many Assyrians support/like Kurds? (This is a useful one)

What are Assyrian people's thoughts on homosexuality and same sex relationships?
What do Assyrian people think of Atheism among other Assyrians?

What does the average Assyrian constitute as a successful life? Is it striving for more or accepting mediocrity?

In the likes that we achieved independence and have a level of safety on par of Israel, what percentage of Assyrians would consider migrating back?

I can easily say that Heart disease and Diabetes is a large reason of many natural deaths of Assyrians...

my question would be: How many Assyrians would be willing to migrate to the Assyrian homeland and what would it take to migrate there?

Back