What is everyones opinion on Assyrians trying to revive Ashurism?

I've been saying many Assyrian keyboard warriors on Facebook saying s*** like "may Ashur Alaha bless you", claiming that the name "Yahweh" is a false name and that the Old Testament is bs because the Jews wrote it and they copied our stories without giving credit, etc. It honestly makes me furious and confused as well, these idiots are claiming to worship Ashur but are still Christians, trying to justify it by saying Jesus's real name was Ashur or somesh*t and that he wasn't even Jewish but was Assyrian. There is absolutely no reason to be worshipping Ashur. These guys are thinking they are some sort of professors or something just because they read a lot about Assyrian history, yet none of them that I've seen can actually produce a solid argument with proper and relevant evidence, most of them just add in some irrelevant source which they got from google and sprinkle it on top with excessive capitalisation and insults. Some of these guys have gone to the extent of worshipping other old Gods such as Ishtar! Not only is this very, very stupid, but it is also damaging. What are the Chaldean and Assyrian separatists going to think when they see shit like this? No wonder they want to deny the fact that they are Assyrian, it's because of idiots like these! Not only that, but many (and I don't mean the majority because that is definitely not the case) Assyrians from the Church of the East think they are superior to other Assyrians for some reason, making fun of how Chaldeans speak as if they themselves speak pure Assyrian which they really don't. When are we going to stop doing things like this and actually take responsibility as Assyrians and work towards achieving a homeland? The damn Kurds have gotten so far because they made it a part of their culture to help achieve a "Kurdistan", they have some sort of unity unlike us and they were very close in creating a country and they don't even have a connection to the land they want to create a country on!

I'd like to hear other people's opinions on this matter.

I was about to make a thread on this as well. These people are nutcases and I cannot stand them. They're also incredibly antisemitic.

I mean, okay, worship Ashur all you like, but don't have the audacity to say Jesus was Ashur himself (or his "incarnate"). Lmao. You either believe in Jesus, who was Jewish as hell, or your Mesopotamian God. Don't conflate or blend them because you'll look so stupid and pathetic.

They're also the same retarded twits who think modern Assyrian is descended from Akkadian, and has nothing to do with Aramaic or Syriac (actually, they moronically think Aramaic doesn't exist). I've even made a thread on these obtuse fools when it came to this.

I also don't like how Chaldeans and even Tyaris speak to be brutally honest. This is just my ears and I can't help changing the way they perceive things.

Has nothing to do with being pure or not. The Chaldean dialect has harsh sounds all in all. It's like the Scottish accent of Assyrian. Of course, this doesn't mean I should discriminate against them and disparage them.

Cascade said:
I was about to make a thread on this as well. These people are nutcases and I cannot stand them. They're also incredibly antisemitic.

I mean, okay, worship Ashur all you like, but don't have the audacity to say Jesus was Ashur himself (or his "incarnate"). Lmao. You either believe in Jesus, who was Jewish as hell, or your Mesopotamian God. Don't conflate or blend them because you'll look so stupid and pathetic.

They're also the same retarded twits who think modern Assyrian is descended from Akkadian, and has nothing to do with Aramaic or Syriac (actually, they moronically think Aramaic doesn't exist). I've even made a thread on these obtuse fools when it came to this.

Well technically modern Assyrian is descended from Akkadian, but it doesn't change the fact that our language Aramaic.

Cascade said:
I also don't like how Chaldeans and even Tyaris speak to be brutally honest. This is just my ears and I can't help changing the way they perceive things.

Has nothing to do with being pure or not. The Chaldean dialect has harsh sounds all in all. It's like the Scottish accent of Assyrian. Of course, this doesn't mean I should discriminate against them and disparage them.

As a 'Chaldean' speaker I agree with you to an extent. I don't like how it sounds because it doesn't really sound sophisticated in my opinion, but then again I don't think any dialect of modern Assyrian that I've seen sounds sophisticated, considering our dialects are mixed with words from other languages that do not really fit in naturally. That's why I believe we should standardize our language and create many new words, using Akkadian as a sort of source for creating any new words if needed like how Latin or even Greek is the origin of many words in English. I believe the best option regarding this is to just revert to Classical Syriac, these modern dialects can continue to be used at home if people don't want to lose them but if they die out it's not really a big deal for me, especially if we can record how each dialect sounded and any loan words they had for future study.

But yeah, these Ashurists are definitely morons. It angers me because there are Assyrians who deny being Assyrians (Chaldeans/Arameans/Syriac separatists) and it's because of shit like this.

Something that could only happen in the diaspora.
Cascade said:

Jesus wasn't really Jewish in the sense we use it today. For multiple reasons.

Etain said:
Something that could only happen in the diaspora.Jesus wasn't really Jewish in the sense we use it today. For multiple reasons.

Can you elaborate?

Nemrud said:
I dont see any problem on reviving Ashurism. I mean who knows There May be many gods out There haha

What point is there to revive a polytheistic pagan religion which hasn't been practiced for over 2000 years? How is it even possible to truly revive the religion when we don't even know exactly how it was practiced? For all we know it could require the sacrifice of human beings or cannibalism, would you still think its a good idea to revive it? The only reason these people want to revive Ashurism is because they want to Assyrianize themselves and everything, thats why they pretend that Jesus was Assyrian and that our language is not Aramaic but pure Akkadian. They aren't even actually reviving Ashurism, they are creating their own version of Ashurism to suit their particular ideals and beliefs. If Ashurism is so great, why would our ancestors convert to Christianity as a nation so easily? Why should we discard our Christian beliefs that we've held for 2000 years, since decades after Jesus' death, which we ourselves preached and that we gave our lives for, for such an outdated religion? It is the equivalent of Greeks or Romans worshipping Zeus or Jupiter in the modern day, it's stupid.

SonOfAssyria said:
Can you elaborate?

What point is there to revive a polytheistic pagan religion which hasn't been practiced for over 2000 years? How is it even possible to truly revive the religion when we don't even know exactly how it was practiced? For all we know it could require the sacrifice of human beings or cannibalism, would you still think its a good idea to revive it? The only reason these people want to revive Ashurism is because they want to Assyrianize themselves and everything, thats why they pretend that Jesus was Assyrian and that our language is not Aramaic but pure Akkadian. They aren't even actually reviving Ashurism, they are creating their own version of Ashurism to suit their particular ideals and beliefs. If Ashurism is so great, why would our ancestors convert to Christianity as a nation so easily? Why should we discard our Christian beliefs that we've held for 2000 years, since decades after Jesus' death, which we ourselves preached and that we gave our lives for, for such an outdated religion? It is the equivalent of Greeks or Romans worshipping Zeus or Jupiter in the modern day, it's stupid.

Yes, its true, we dont know hoe ashurism was worshipped, christianity is good but agnostic better, we should all be agnostics.

Nemrud said:
Yes, its true, we dont know hoe ashurism was worshipped, christianity is good but agnostic better, we should all be agnostics.

How is Agnosticism "better" than Christianity? Please explain to me what you mean by "Christianity is good, but Agnosticism is better" and how you came to that conclusion.

Agnosticism and Atheism are very dangerous. If you're an Atheist/Agnostic, your moral compass is based upon your subjective opinion. How can you know, as an Atheist/Agnostic, what is good and what is evil? Atheism/Agnosticism is just as dangerous as religious extremism. You may believe it's wrong for Hitler to murder 6 million Jews, but in Hitlers eyes it is not wrong. So who is right, you or Hitler? If you are right, then why is your subjective opinion on what is morally right or wrong more valid than Hitler's? This is one of the many problems I have with Atheism. 

SonOfAssyria said:
How is Agnosticism "better" than Christianity? Please explain to me what you mean by "Christianity is good, but Agnosticism is better" and how you came to that conclusion.

Agnosticism and Atheism are very dangerous. If you're an Atheist/Agnostic, your moral compass is based upon your subjective opinion. How can you know, as an Atheist/Agnostic, what is good and what is evil? Atheism/Agnosticism is just as dangerous as religious extremism. You may believe it's wrong for Hitler to murder 6 million Jews, but in Hitlers eyes it is not wrong. So who is right, you or Hitler? If you are right, then why is your subjective opinion on what is morally right or wrong more valid than Hitler's? This is one of the many problems I have with Atheism. 

Because agnostic is the right religion. We all know Jesus didnt have powers, so christianity cant be real, but agnostic believes in god and still not because There is no evidence for it. Agnostics believe in science which is the real belief.

SonOfAssyria said:
"It may be dangerous, but it is the right belief."

Say that again, a few times even, but slowly...

Whats the point on believing in a fake religion, There are dangerous peoples in all religions, religion doesnt make someone good or bad, its personality, so I wouldnt say it is dangerous at all. Modern laws make people peaceful, not religion.

SonOfAssyria said:
Well technically modern Assyrian is descended from Akkadian, but it doesn't change the fact that our language Aramaic.
Genetically, modern Assyrian is a descendant of Aramaic. We adopted Aramaic and kept some Akkadian words. This doesn't mean we belong to the Akkadian language family, which is east Semitic. We speak a west Semitic language. Sort of like English - It's vocab is 40% Latin/French, but it is still a Germanic language rather than Latin/Romance.

But yeah, these Ashurists are definitely morons. It angers me because there are Assyrians who deny being Assyrians (Chaldeans/Arameans/Syriac separatists) and it's because of **** like this.
They can be Ashurists, but they shouldn't be brazen and ignorant about it, especially stupidly saying Jesus was "alaha Ashur". Lol. That guy was a Jew and I'm pretty sure alaha ashur, if he existed, would've hated him.

Etain said:
The term "Jew" has only come into use recently and meant an inhabitant of Judea independent of their ethnic or religious affiliation.
Jesus, by definition, is a Galilean Jew. He also practiced Judaism. Doesn't matter what the term actually means or if it's changed (which I doubt). All sources state he is Jewish, either way. If he wasn't a Jew then what was he?

SonOfAssyria said:
This times a million!

Cascade said:
This times a million!

I say times a billion! Our ancestors left their religion, became one of the first Christians in the world, and spread the gospel and even reached China. Many have given their lives for Christianity and even today many Assyrians still do so. There must be a reason why.

Nemrud said:
Whats the point on believing in a fake religion, There are dangerous peoples in all religions, religion doesnt make someone good or bad, its personality, so I wouldnt say it is dangerous at all. Modern laws make people peaceful, not religion.
Nemrud said:
It May be dangerous but it is the right belief.

If your belief is dangerous, then is it really the right belief?

If you heard a Muslim say "My religion may command us to slaughter non-believers and is very dangerous, but it is the right belief", would that make you think their belief is correct?

Again, as an Agnostic, what do you base what is good and bad on? Please answer this question.

Ezidi Kurd said:
What kind of people are you? People should believe in what they want to believe. As long they aren't Muslim, everything is fine.

If I were not Ezdi, I would be for sure adhere do Buddhism. I think Buddhism is a mighty religion and it has some connections to my religion (like reincarnation of the soul). Buddhism is also also orignially an Iranic religion and not Semitic/Abrahamic region. My people don't belive in hell, since we don't have Satan. We believe in heaven only as nirvana, after you sould is 100% pure. Same as Buddhists. According to Ezdi, Kuridsh people reborn all the time until thei soul becomes pure and they can go to heaven. As my worst nightmare, I think that after I wrote all that sh!t on this site my soul is not really 'pure', hahahaha. And as punishment I will return as an non-Ezdi in the next life as punishment by Xode Shems, lol.

Only Islam is the most disgusting and filthy religion ever existed. And Muslims are the most filthy, dirty and disgusting subhumans on this planet.

Yazidism is derived from Islam, I know you dont want to hear that but read the real history and sources from non yezidi/kurds.
Basically, all that started from Sjeik Adi b. Musafir al-Hakkari which died in 1162. and he was a sufi Muslim, which is now very holy for Yazidis.
You can still be ani-islam lol

SonOfAssyria said:
If your belief is dangerous, then is it really the right belief?

If you heard a Muslim say "My religion may command us to slaughter non-believers and is very dangerous, but it is the right belief", would that make you think their belief is correct?

Again, as an Agnostic, what do you base what is good and bad on? Please answer this question.

No, i said wrong, l didnt think before l wrote that, it really depends on the person.

Good is for example when you care about people, your loved ones and want good to every people you meet etc it doesnt matter which religion you believe in, if hes kind to you then they deserve kindness back. Bad is for example if hes mean to you, or kill someone etc....

Well firstly, Yahweh isn't a false name, Yahweh was one of many gods in Canaan.
Yahweh was also differentiated from El.

Judaism didn't become monotheistic fully until the exiles came back from Babylon and adopted the idea of monotheism from Zoroastrianism.

I think this is a perfect opportunity to create a new religion that can patch some faults in Christianity.

SonOfAssyria said:
You don't need religion to be moral though. As an agnostic atheist myself I find it insulting when people ask this. Anyone can live ethically and morally without religion because every person on the planet knows right from wrong without needing a religion to tell them. It's a natural instinct of all animals and probably the only remaining animal instinct in humans that is beneficial. In many cases religion only alters and blurs what is right and wrong. Killing is wrong, but killing in the name of god seems to be okay. History and present day prove that to be true. Many religions enforce these altered ideas of right and wrong with blind faith and self-righteous attitudes, which in turn, create more problems pertaining to ethics and morals.

Thousands of people everyday live morally and ethically in the world and are not practicing or a part of any religion. Take a poll of criminals in prison and you'll find that most of them believe in God. Belief in God or belonging to an organized religion is not necessary for knowing right from wrong, or for being a good person. Normal people have a conscience, whether they are religious or not. If religion was the basis of morals, then atheists would be criminals, which isn't true.

If you didn't adhere to any religion, does this mean you would go out and kill anyone you dislike? This makes you intrinsically bad, no? Think about it.

Cascade said:
You don't need religion to be moral though. As an agnostic atheist myself I find it insulting when people ask this. Anyone can live ethically and morally without religion because every person on the planet knows right from wrong without needing a religion to tell them. It's a natural instinct of all animals and probably the only remaining animal instinct in humans that is beneficial. In many cases religion only alters and blurs what is right and wrong. Killing is wrong, but killing in the name of god seems to be okay. History and present day prove that to be true. Many religions enforce these altered ideas of right and wrong with blind faith and self-righteous attitudes, which in turn, create more problems pertaining to ethics and morals.

Thousands of people everyday live morally and ethically in the world and are not practicing or a part of any religion. Take a poll of criminals in prison and you'll find that most of them believe in God. Belief in God or belonging to an organized religion is not necessary for knowing right from wrong, or for being a good person. Normal people have a conscience, whether they are religious or not. If religion was the basis of morals, then atheists would be criminals, which isn't true.

If you didn't adhere to any religion, does this mean you would go out and kill anyone you dislike? This makes you intrinsically bad, no? Think about it.

The point of religion isn't to be moral, the point of religion is to bond everybody in a society through a common ideology... Why else do Jews and Muslims see each their own fellow believers as brothers and sisters despite not having any blood or cultural relation what so ever?

Cascade said:

I think you misunderstood my point. I never said that someone with a secular worldview cannot be moral, on the contrary. The Bible even says that the law is written on the hearts of men, a person does not need to be religious to be a good person.

The point I'm trying to make is if you are not religious, then what do you base your moral compass on? The question is how do you know what is good and what is evil? You say that it is a natural instinct of all humans to know what is right and wrong. You may have the natural instinct to believe it is wrong to murder someone by hitting them over the head with an axe, just so they can steal the money in their wallet. Someone else may have a natural instinct to believe it is morally justified for them to hit someone over the head with an axe and murder them, because they feel they deserve the money that the person has in their wallet and believe that the person is an obstacle that they must overcome so they can take the money that they deserve.

Now, why is your subjective opinion on what is morally correct more valid than the person who believes it is right for them to murder someone and steal their belongings?

I'm going to use the same argument I used earlier; you may think that it was wrong for Hitler to murder 6 million Jews, but Hitler and his followers thought it was morally justified to do so. Again, why is your opinion on what is morally correct much more valid than Hitlers?

I hope you start seeing the dangers that comes with Atheism.
Nihilism. If there is no God or afterlife, then what truly matters? Nothing. In Nihilism, there is no inherit morality. Moral values are accepted depending on one's subjective opinion. It is very easy for an Atheist to fall under Nihilism, and that is where the danger comes from, when people believe that nothing matters they do whatever they feel like doing, or what they instinctively feel like doing. If one instinctively feels that they should murder another person for no reason at all, then how, as an Atheist, can you justify that they are wrong in thinking that? They are acting out on their instinctive moral guidelines, just as you believe all humans do. But why is one particular persons instinctive moral guideline invalid? How do you know that they are not a more evolved human being who sees the truth in reality and understands that nothing matters, why are they wrong and why are you correct? When you get an entire society under an ideology like this, this is when mass destruction and chaos occurs, and there are many examples of this happening throughout history.

SonOfAssyria said:
I think you misunderstood my point. I never said that someone with a secular worldview cannot be moral, on the contrary. The Bible even says that the law is written on the hearts of men, a person does not need to be religious to be a good person.

The point I'm trying to make is if you are not religious, then what do you base your moral compass on? The question is how do you know what is good and what is evil? You say that it is a natural instinct of all humans to know what is right and wrong. You may have the natural instinct to believe it is wrong to murder someone by hitting them over the head with an axe, just so they can steal the money in their wallet. Someone else may have a natural instinct to believe it is morally justified for them to hit someone over the head with an axe and murder them, because they feel they deserve the money that the person has in their wallet and believe that the person is an obstacle that they must overcome so they can take the money that they deserve.

Now, why is your subjective opinion on what is morally correct more valid than the person who believes it is right for them to murder someone and steal their belongings?

I'm going to use the same argument I used earlier; you may think that it was wrong for Hitler to murder 6 million Jews, but Hitler and his followers thought it was morally justified to do so. Again, why is your opinion on what is morally correct much more valid than Hitlers?

I hope you start seeing the dangers that comes with Atheism.
Nihilism. If there is no God or afterlife, then what truly matters? Nothing. In Nihilism, there is no inherit morality. Moral values are accepted depending on one's subjective opinion. It is very easy for an Atheist to fall under Nihilism, and that is where the danger comes from, when people believe that nothing matters they do whatever they feel like doing, or what they instinctively feel like doing. If one instinctively feels that they should murder another person for no reason at all, then how, as an Atheist, can you justify that they are wrong in thinking that? They are acting out on their instinctive moral guidelines, just as you believe all humans do. But why is one particular persons instinctive moral guideline invalid? How do you know that they are not a more evolved human being who sees the truth in reality and understands that nothing matters, why are they wrong and why are you correct? When you get an entire society under an ideology like this, this is when mass destruction and chaos occurs, and there are many examples of this happening throughout history.

But again, whats the point of believing in the bible if it isnt true? The people who wrote the gospels luke etc were anonymous, noone know who they were, and they wrote it 40-70 years after jesus death, do you serious belive in that? then do that, l dont care, noone care, but stop claiming that its good to belive in a fake religion when all religions are fake, we should all be non religious and beileving in the right one, science. Science is the right belief.

Back