The World?s Next Country

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
The World?s Next Country

The Kurds are on the verge of getting a homeland of their own. If they do, the Middle East will never be the same.

461230342-cropped.jpg

As you walk around the streets of this city of 500,000, you could be forgiven for thinking you?re in the capital of a small but up-and-coming Middle Eastern country. Police officers and soldiers sport the national flag on their uniforms ? the same flag that flies proudly on public buildings, and, in a giant version, from a towering pole in the center of town. There?s a national anthem, which you might hear on the national evening TV news, broadcast solely in the local language. You?ll also notice imposing buildings for parliament and the prime minister, as well as the diplomatic missions of a number of foreign states, some of them offering visas.

Yet appearances deceive: This is not an independent state. You?re in Iraq ? more precisely, the part of northern Iraq known officially as the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG). You?ll be reminded of this fact when you open your wallet to pay for something: the local currency is still the Iraqi dinar (though the U.S. dollar circulates widely). Nor do any of the foreign governments that maintain consulates in Erbil recognize Kurdish statehood; nor, for that matter, does the government of the KRG itself. For the time being, Iraqi Kurdistan is still under Baghdad?s writ.

Read the rest of the article here: http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/01/21/the-worlds-next-country-kurdistan-kurds-iraq/

How long have we been hearing about this. I even remember reading an article back around 2005-2006 saying that by 2010 or so, the Kurds would have separated from Iraq.

It is now 2015 and they are still part of Iraq. I understand it is more of a reality now and the ISIS invasion has strengthened their hold on more lands, but still, in my estimation, they are a long way from declaring independence from Iraq, if ever.

ASHOOR

Kebabs?s said:
if they get their independence the dream of assyria
Man I am just gonna mention the fact that these people are NOT to be trusted, atm we're playthings in their hands, correct me if I am wrong

Asshur said:
Man I am just gonna mention the fact that these people are NOT to be trusted, atm we're playthings in their hands, correct me if I am wrong

The way I see it Asshur, there's the following possibilities...

1. We don't ally with Kurds and attempt independence but we'll fail if we don't have a necessary amount of support and influence
2. We don't ally with Kurds and succeed at independence (optimistic scenario) - doing this requires that our people become self-reliant AND have a common, united goal in mind.
3. We ally with Kurds and they reward us with whatever the hell we want.
4. We ally with Kurds but they backstab us and we get nothing.

At any time, swap "Kurds" with Arabs or Whoever else as well...

From the look of everybody here, everybody is probably thinking #4 that we'll get backstabbed.

From reality, it LOOKS/SEEMS like #3...

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em...

And no it doesn't mean go be a Kurd either.

Many stories I have read about Assyrians living in the homeland next to Kurds having a great relationship with each other.

The ones doing the land grabbing are either the politicians or related/connected to the politicians. If someone landgrabs you, then either you fight them off or condone them...

Let's use the most recent landgrab attempt on Rabatki. The perpetrators are Peshmerga General Aref Habib Al Zebari and his brother Hares Habib Al Zebari. No doubt they are probably related to Hoshyar Zebari who is part of the KDP...

The Peshmerga only take orders BY the KDP as the Peshmerga are the KDP's Military wing. See the connection here? Our two perpetrators basically have small wangs who made themselves big shots by being related to a high-ranking member of the KDP...

If anything, this doesn't tell me that Kurds are bad, it tells me that Kurdish politicians belonging to the KDP are bad...

Asshur said:
hahah lol sorry i meant "the dream of assyria will be destroyed"
:mfr_lol: im as much anti-kurd you can be!!!! i totally agree with you

mrzurnaci said:

1. We don't ally with Kurds and attempt independence but we'll fail if we don't have a necessary amount of support and influence
2. We don't ally with Kurds and succeed at independence (optimistic scenario) - doing this requires that our people become self-reliant AND have a common, united goal in mind.

From the look of everybody here, everybody is probably thinking #4 that we'll get backstabbed.

Many stories I have read about Assyrians living in the homeland next to Kurds having a great relationship with each other.

The ones doing the land grabbing are either the politicians or related/connected to the politicians. If someone landgrabs you, then either you fight them off or condone them...

Let's use the most recent landgrab attempt on Rabatki. The perpetrators are Peshmerga General Aref Habib Al Zebari and his brother Hares Habib Al Zebari. No doubt they are probably related to Hoshyar Zebari who is part of the KDP...

The Peshmerga only take orders BY the KDP as the Peshmerga are the KDP's Military wing. See the connection here? Our two perpetrators basically have small wangs who made themselves big shots by being related to a high-ranking member of the KDP...

If anything, this doesn't tell me that Kurds are bad, it tells me that Kurdish politicians belonging to the KDP are bad...
you honestly think kurds will give anything. why not just go allie with al qaeda it's the same ****.very naive of you to belive kurds will give us anything.

mrzurnaci said:

Number three will not happen, and like I've said multiple times, you along with a lot of other Assyrians are consciously ignoring what will actually happen, and that's number four, regardless if it is Arabs or Kurds.

The Syriac koran is also a bad idea, and I'd drop that too. Islam=dumbness. That's why Muslim countries are not successful unless they have oil. Ever wonder why Israel and Lebanon are the most successful Middle Eastern countries and Albania and Bosnia the poorest European ones?

elevated said:
Number three will not happen, and like I've said multiple times, you along with a lot of other Assyrians are consciously ignoring what will actually happen, and that's number four, regardless if it is Arabs or Kurds.

The Syriac koran is also a bad idea, and I'd drop that too. Islam=dumbness. That's why Muslim countries are not successful unless they have oil. Ever wonder why Israel and Lebanon are the most successful Middle Eastern countries and Albania and Bosnia the poorest European ones?

Dude use your brain, by translating the Qur'an to Syriac, we can actually CHANGE the religion for better...

I call it "Syriac Islam". We can prune out parts that aren't good or beneficial.

A good example is that, though Muslims claim Jesus was nothing but a prophet, the Qur'an ACTUALLY calls Jesus the "Spirit/Word of Allah".

Qur'an also acknowledges that Mary gave virgin birth to Jesus and calls him the Mashikha.

Then again, majority or most Muslims do not actually read the Qur'an; if they do read it, they barely read much of it...

Same thing with American Christians who barely or do not at all read the Bible...

mrzurnaci said:
Dude use your brain, by translating the Qur'an to Syriac, we can actually CHANGE the religion for better...

I call it "Syriac Islam". We can prune out parts that aren't good or beneficial.

A good example is that, though Muslims claim Jesus was nothing but a prophet, the Qur'an ACTUALLY calls Jesus the "Spirit/Word of Allah".

Qur'an also acknowledges that Mary gave virgin birth to Jesus and calls him the Mashikha.

Then again, majority or most Muslims do not actually read the Qur'an; if they do read it, they barely read much of it...

Same thing with American Christians who barely or do not at all read the Bible...

Can we make a Syriac Quran for the Mahalammi people? I don't want to translate it I would rather not read the nightmare on elm street street issue..

Also can we brainwash Sunni Arabs in Iraq and Syria to make them Assyrian Muslims?

Domanic said:
Can we make a Syriac Quran for the Mahalammi people? I don't want to translate it I would rather not read the nightmare on elm street street issue..

Also can we brainwash Sunni Arabs in Iraq and Syria to make them Assyrian Muslims?

Some of them ARE Assyrian/Mesopotamian Muslims in reality.

mrzurnaci said:
Some of them ARE Assyrian/Mesopotamian Muslims in reality.

You fail to grasp that Islam is inherently backward and they won't reform, no matter how much you try to change it. We don't need them.

elevated said:
You fail to grasp that Islam is inherently backward and they won't reform, no matter how much you try to change it. We don't need them.

Bull-ikhreh, think very clearly about this...

why would we need the syric quran. no assyrains convert to islam. and the "mhalllamis" call them selfs arabs and kurdish and they have very criminal clans. why do you want these peoplee to become assyrian?

Kebabs?s said:
why would we need the syric quran. no assyrains convert to islam. and the "mhalllamis" call them selfs arabs and kurdish and they have very criminal clans. why do you want these peoplee to become assyrian?

the point isn't to go convert assyrians to islam khmaree, the point is conserving the language...

Why is Arabic the dominant language of the Middle East? Because of the Qur'an...

If the Qur'an was translated to Syriac from Arabic, especially secretly when translations were banned, then most of Syria and Iraq would be speaking Syriac...

Why do you think Persian culture is still alive after the Islamic invasion? Because they preserved Persianity through translating the Qur'an to Persian...

...Translation our salvation...

facepalm :bangin: my point wasnt convert assyrians to islam. i meant there are no assyrian muslims out there only a very small part of mhallamis call themselves assyrian.

Kebabs?s said:
facepalm :bangin: my point wasnt convert assyrians to islam. i meant there are no assyrian muslims out there only a very small part of mhallamis call themselves assyrian.

And? They should be feeling welcome and we should be feeling lucky that they didn't lose themselves...

mrzurnaci said:
Bull-ikhreh, think very clearly about this...

Persians saved themselves by converting to Shia Islam. One of the kings went on a full-blown assault on Persians who wouldn't convert to Shia Islam, which made them flee to Mesopotamia and Arabia. That's why Bahraini's, Emirati's, Qatari's, etc. all have some Persian admixture and a minority of Sunni Persians that have been living in their societies for a very long time now. It's not exactly an equal comparison, but it's like the conversion of Britain from Catholicism to Protestantism. The king didn't want to be controlled by the Vatican.

Islam=stupidity. We do not need them. If some of the Mhallami still consider themselves Assyrians, it's okay to bring them back. However, they will not have loyalty to the state and Assyrian nationalism, just like Muslims in other countries. Don't use Persians as an example, since they are an outlier in the Muslim world, and always have been. If we ever get a state, Muslims need to stay below 10%, otherwise they become a threat to society, just like in the case of Lebanon.

You're too bent on spreading our language, when that is not the most important thing in regards to our nationalism.

mrzurnaci said:
And? They should be feeling welcome and we should be feeling lucky that they didn't lose themselves...
what does 10000 people matter. and the mhallami are very into crime(atleast does in diaspora)

elevated said:
Persians saved themselves by converting to Shia Islam. One of the kings went on a full-blown assault on Persians who wouldn't convert to Islam, which made them flee to Mesopotamia and Arabia. That's why Bahraini's, Emirati's, Qatari's, etc. all have some Persian admixture and a minority of Sunni Persians that have been living in their societies for a very long time now. It's not exactly an equal comparison, but it's like the conversion of Britain from Catholicism to Protestantism. The king didn't want to be controlled by the Vatican.

Islam=stupidity. We do not need them. If some of the Mhallami still consider themselves Assyrians, it's okay to bring them back. However, they will not have loyalty to the state and Assyrian nationalism, just like Muslims in other countries. Don't use Persians as an example, since they are an outlier in the Muslim world, and always have been. If we ever get a state, Muslims need to stay below 10%, otherwise they become a threat to society, just like in the case of Lebanon.

You're too bent on spreading our language, when that is not the most important thing in regards to our nationalism.

They are 300 000 Shabaks (Shia Muslims) and lots of Yezidis in Ninewa Plains.

But it's okay, since all Shia parties support Assyrian Independence including the Kurdish Muslims and Yezidis, the only people who oppose independence for Ninewa Plains is Sunni Arab parties I say we kill them while ISIS is in control so people don't see us as killers.

Kill only the Sunni Arabs in ISIS territory go massacre the fkers and burn all the mosques to the ground they should fear us we shouldn't fear them.

Anyway, if we do get independence we can let some Shabaks and Yezidis into Assyria as both groups get persecuted a lot by Sunni Arabs in the north.

Domanic said:
They are 300 000 Shabaks (Shia Muslims) and lots of Yezidis in Ninewa Plains.

But it's okay, since all Shia parties support Assyrian Independence including the Kurdish Muslims and Yezidis, the only people who oppose independence for Ninewa Plains is Sunni Arab parties I say we kill them while ISIS is in control so people don't see us as killers.

Kill only the Sunni Arabs in ISIS territory go massacre the fkers and burn all the mosques to the ground they should fear us we shouldn't fear them.

Anyway, if we do get independence we can let some Shabaks and Yezidis into Assyria as both groups get persecuted a lot by Sunni Arabs in the north.
do you want us to declare war on islam?

Domanic said:
....No....I said Wipe out Sunni Arabs in Ninewa Plains, they are one of the main reasons we don't have Independence.
so you mean sunnis around the world wont react that we are killing them?

Domanic said:
....No....I said Wipe out Sunni Arabs in Ninewa Plains, they are one of the main reasons we don't have Independence.

Stop suggesting genocide. That is a horrible option and makes us look just as bad as Arabs/Kurds/Turks.

elevated said:
Stop suggesting genocide. That is a horrible option and makes us look just as bad as Arabs/Kurds/Turks.

Fine... be that way... good luck getting independence... Sunni Arabs are the only people in Iraq that don't support Independence.

I meant kill ISIS ones, they are fighting with ISIS. I thought we were supposed to kill the terrorists.

Back