The NEYMAR thread: Goals, Stats, Videos, News and more

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
The NEYMAR thread: Goals, Stats, Videos, News and more from the amazing Brazilian and Barcelona forward

orig_all_about_neymar_news_stats_pictures_videos_goals.jpg

By now, it is no secret, Neymar is the next big thing in soccer. In fact he already is too 5 players in the world and won't be too long before he is the best, continuing a Brazilian tradition.

Therefore, I have decided to create a special thread for him, where his latest news, goals, videos and stats will be posted. I encourage you to do the same thing too.

I started following Neymar when he was only 19, back when he played with Santos. And now he is 23, having done so much in the last 4 years. Today, Neymar is 23 years old and I hope he will be playing for the next 10-12 years if not more, which means he has another 3 world cups to play for Brazil, hopefully winning at least two of them!

ASHOOR

P.S : hope I can update this thread in July of 2018 where Neymar wins the World Cup for Brazil :) , and hopefully Copa America in 2015 and Olympic gold in 2016.

Last edited:
Today Neymar scored two goals for Barcelona against Bayern Munich to help them reach the Champions League final.

He also scored 1 goal in the first leg (that is 3 goals over two games against Neuer)

Ashoor

Neymar has scored a total of 9 goals in 10 games vs the last 3 WC winning goalkeepers: Buffon, Casillas and Neuer.

And most of these games were actually in competitive games.

Ashoor

If Neymar scores in the CL final, he'll become the 1st player EVER to score in both legs of 1/4 + 1/2 final + final.

Ashoor

Neymar has now scored 4 goals against German goalkeeper Neuer in 3 games.

• 1 in a friendly between Brazil and Germany (2-3) in August 2011
    • 1 in the first leg of the CL semi-final against Bayern Munich in May 2015
    • 2 in the second leg SF game against Bayern Munich in May 2015

Some, including myself, would consider Neuer to be the best goalie in the world at the moment. But it seems like Neymar has never had a problem scoring against him, in every game he played against him.

Which leads me to say this: if Neymar wasn't injured and did play in the WC semi-final against Germany, I have no doubt in my mind that he would have scored at least 1 goal. Not saying Brazil would necessarily win the game, but if Brazil did score the first goal, things would turn out a lot differently...

ASHOOR

Neymar is the ONLY active player to have scored vs the last 4 WC winning keepers: Marcos (Brazil 2002), Buffon (Italy 2006), Casillas (Spain 2010), Neuer (Germany 2014) .

ASHOOR

Neymar has scored in 7 consecutive games for Barcelona, a feat Messi has only achieved once in his career.

ASHOOR

Congratulations to Neymar, he wins his 1st Spanish league title with Barcelona in just his second season with the club.

Ashoor

Neymar's accomplishments with Barcelona in the 2014/2015 season (only his second season with the club)

Copa del Rey: top scorer
Champions League: top scorer
La Liga: 3rd top scorer

Won Copa del Rey
Won La Liga
Won Champions League

Ashoor

Great start for Neymar at the 2015 Copa America: scored the first goal and assisted on the second in ET to help Brazil win the game. He was also the man of the match of course.

ASHOOR

Neymar is the youngest to score 44 goals with the Brazilian national (surpassing Pele's record)

He is only 23 years old!

Amazing!

ASHOOR

Most goals for Brazil through June 15, 2015

Pele 77
Ronaldo 62
Romario 55
Zico 44
Neymar 44
Bebeto 39
Rivaldo 35
Jairzinho 33
ROnaldinho 33
Ademir 32

ASHOOR

Here are some amazing stats about Neymar's goal scoring:

Going back to his first tournament with the Brazilian national team, the Copa America 2011:

-Neymar has scored in every tournament he has played with the NT: Copa America 2011, London Olympics 2012, Confederation Cup 2013, World Cup 2014, Copa America 2015. And they said most of his goals come in friendly games...

-He scored the opening goal for Brazil in the last 3 tournaments: Confederation Cup 2013, World Cup 2014, Copa America 2015. At the 2012 Olympics, he also scored in the first game, but it wasn't Brazil's first in that game

-Even more amazing, every one of his last 4 opening goals for Brazil came within the first half hour, no later:
London Olympics 2012: 30th minute
Confederation Cup 2013: 3rd minute
World Cup 2014: 29th miute
Copa America 2015: 4th minute

-Between these 4 tournaments, he has scored 13 goals for Brazil, bearing in mind that in last year's world cup, he missed the semi-final and the 3rd place game.

In other words, Neymar's goal scoring has been one of the most consistent for any Brazilian player in history. But it may also mean that Brazil is becoming increasingly more and more reliant on him and that may not be a good thing.

Messi and Neymar have the most successful dribbles in La Liga so far this season. Both has 39 successful.

ASHOOR

Neymar stats since Messi's injury this season

6 matches
5 goals
6 assists

simply amazing!

ASHOOR

Neymar just scored his 200th club goal, and he is only 23 years old!

Santos 136
Barcelona 64

ASHOOR

Over the weekend, Neymar had another sensational performance against Villareal, scoring two goals, one of which will probably go down as the goal of the season.

Here it is: https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/58DC17F40F1275688882511998976_1800a187e6e.3.2.mp4?versionId=Gab9XzEuxLHnWlWFucVGxxHE9RZAtmo9

ASHOOR

Neymar failed to score a goal in the last 2 qualifiers against Argentina and Peru. He also didn't play in the previous two qualifiers because of his Copa America suspension (against Chile and Venezuela)

But my point is, these are 4 valuable games in which he could have taken his international scoring record even higher.

Had he scored just 2 goals from these 4 games, he would have equaled Zico (48 goals) and be 4th on the all-time scoring leaders for Brazil.

ASHOOR

He has done it! Neymar, along with Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, have been nominated as the 3 finalists for the FIFA Ballon d'Or  award (best player for the year) for 2015.

ASHOOR

Neymar has been injured for the last 3 games and Barcelona has tied all 3 games. They miss him too much.

Neymar has added a new title to his collection: the FIFA Club World Cup, after Barcelona beat Argentina side River Plate in the final 3-0 (Suarez 2, Messi 1 goals)

Barcelona has basically won every title in this past season except for the Spanish Super Cup, where Barcelona, very shockingly, lost to Athletic Bilbao 5-1 in a two-legged football match-up.

In total, this is what he has won with Barcelona in the 2014/2015 season:

La Liga: 2014?15
Copa del Rey: 2014?15
UEFA Champions League: 2014?15
UEFA Super Cup: 2015
FIFA Club World Cup: 2015

ASHOOR

Back