The Messi vs. CR7 rivarly is no longer so one-sided....

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Just thought about something regarding the Messi vs. Cristiano rivalry: as CR7 got older, he started catching up to Messi more and more. For example:

-He won 2 CL in the last 3 years alone, to take his tally to 3 (vs. 4 for Messi)
-He won 2 BDO in the last 3 nominations
-He won 1 international title, something Messi has yet to do.
-So basically at 31, he won the CL and Euro Cup in one year, not to mention all the other records he set in these two tournaments

In other words, just 3 years ago, it was so one-sided for Messi. Now, I am not sure anymore, and it is probably close to a tie (though Messi may still have a slight edge)

And who knows what will happen this new season, with Zidane being the coach, Real Madrid may finally win the league again.

ASHOOR

Ronaldo's accomplishments are more well rounded and I believe that he should be remembered as the greatest player of this era. Messi, the HGH experiment from Barca has done great things but pretty much all for Barcelona.

I hate it when people (especially Assyrians) that take the whole Ronaldo vs. Messi thing too seriously. Some have even wished death for one these players just because they don't cheer for their team.

Back