Supporting Iraq and why it's wrong.

mrzurnaci said:
my dad remembers when Iraq has the Star of Ishtar in it before they changed it to Asamahu Akhar (allahu ackderp)

They probably only had it to assure the British(like they really cared) that they wouldn't attack us.

elevated said:
They probably only had it to assure the British(like they really cared) that they wouldn't attack us.
Probably, just another PR stunt that actually fooled us...

ASHOOR said:
I am not going to base my opinion of the team, and whether I like it or not, on the opinion of some religious savages and terrorist, who ironically enough, don't even recognize something called Iraq. To them all it matters is Islam. Iraq means nothing. The religion comes first. When they kick and kill our people (and their own) they are not doing it in the name of the country. They don't even love Iraq. They are doing it in the name of Islam. Be aware of this distinction. I am more than happy to do something that pisses off the terrorists.
This. Just this. Sorry for the bump (it isn't even 2 years old), but honestly, this helped my case with Bani.

Bani is a hypocrite. He says he doesn't associate Zionism with Jews, and tries to make a "distinction" between them (as if), and yet he ignorantly thinks if you support Iraq (a country with a Muslim majority), you're supporting Islam. I can might as well say that if he is against Israel, he is an anti-Semite. But oh wait, I'm putting words in his mouth.

What a transparent, inconsistent person. He's putting words in your mouth too.

Iraq isn't even fundamentally Islamic like Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan anyway. I would support the lesser radicalized Muslim countries like Jordan, Syria, Lebanon and even Turkey if I lived there.

Being a citizin of a country like iraq is meaningless because you have zero rights in the country or outside the country . Did anyone try to go to iraqi embassy ? they treat you like crap and ask you all sort of irrelevant question like your tribe or sect and most of the time they will not even open the door for you if you do not know someone inside  . take care of #1 and be successful and i promise every country in the world would want you to be their citizin .

ASHOOR said:
-When I know ISIS has killed 13 Iraqi teens for watching the Iraqi team play on TV, then I know I am supporting the right team.

-When I know that terrorists have killed hundreds of Iraqis who were out to cheer and celebrate the Iraqi team in public squares, I know I am supporting the right team.

Logical fallacy over level 9000

TerrenceMalick said:
I agree. Although some may take offence to this, but I don't and never have identified as Iraqi. I'm not. I was born in Australia to Assyrian Christian immigrants from Iraq. I'm not of Iraqi descent, nor are my parents, nor were my grandparents. I am of Assyrian descent. And for the love of God, I am not Arab.

I've never supported the Iraqi team and never will. I support my country, Australia.
There we go. That's the summary of this thread.
Diaspora identifies with their countries of origin and I don't see anything bad with that.

It would be a dream to have our own state, but that's not happening. Not in this universe's middle east. I'm Iraqi Ashuraya and I'd be damned if we had to bend our knee to the kurds to achieve autonomy.

So yes, I rather support Iraq in its moribund state. And no, I don't appreciate foreigners bashing on my country.
I rather it stays united, at least centre and north. Iraq encompasses the entirety of bet nahrain.

Qi?ta said:
There we go. That's the summary of this thread.
Diaspora identifies with their countries of origin and I don't see anything bad with that.

It would be a dream to have our own state, but that's not happening. Not in this universe's middle east. I'm Iraqi Ashuraya and I'd be damned if we had to bend our knee to the kurds to achieve autonomy.

So yes, I rather support Iraq in its moribund state. And no, I don't appreciate foreigners bashing on my country.
I rather it stays united, at least centre and north. Iraq encompasses the entirety of bet nahrain.

If we get an autonomy in Kurdistan will be better than an Iraq without any status to us. Of cours an independet Assyrian will be the best one, but it is not realistic to happen in near future.

KingA said:
If we get an autonomy in Kurdistan will be better than an Iraq without any status to us. Of cours an independet Assyrian will be the best one, but it is not realistic to happen in near future.
Ya, I can see that happening too. :(
All this is so stressful.

TerrenceMalick said:
I agree. Although some may take offence to this, but I don't and never have identified as Iraqi. I'm not. I was born in Australia to Assyrian Christian immigrants from Iraq. I'm not of Iraqi descent, nor are my parents, nor were my grandparents. I am of Assyrian descent. And for the love of God, I am not Arab.

I've never supported the Iraqi team and never will. I support my country, Australia.
I agree.

Although I will "support" the Iraqi team if it's playing with many other countries. Just not Australia, where I'll go for them.

Back