Post pictures of what you are eating?

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
It is ironic that I am creating this thread because I have personally never posted a picture of what I am eating to any social network. But since this is a popular social activity lately, I thought we should do the same here.

the rules are simple: post a picture of what you are eating and think is worth sharing, be it an Assyrian fish at home, a restaurant meal or some recipe you came up with. Please try to caption or tell us a bit about what you are posting or its significance etc.

Since I am starting this, I will humbly go first! This is one of my favorite dishes: Fish and Chips (halibut in this case). Had this at a Wimpy’s Diner while in Huntsville (Muskoka Cottage country in Ontario)

8E25592F-C0BE-469C-B4B2-7D865BF88074.jpeg

Our thanksgiving meal this year. No turkey as you can see. Instead, we ordered Iraqi/Assyrian combo plate. Can’t beat the price, taste or even size. This was from Sommer restaurant on Albion road, east of Highway 27.

B7464D70-802F-42FE-830C-C97D8F3D81DF.jpeg

It has been a while since I posted here

C1FCCD5F-CBB1-46BE-8832-05F9BB28E381.jpeg

Amazing Salmon Power Bowl dish I had at Boston Pizza recently .

I finally tried it! The Egg Burger from Hero Burgers! I have been wanting to try this for ages and finally got around to it and I love it! It tasted exactly as I thought and I would try it again. Picture is not very clear, but it was large in size.

IMG_5707.jpeg

I am not a steak person, but this time I decided to order a steak, at an Italian restaurant out of all places, and damn it was good! Kinda looks small in the picture but it was 6 ounces.

zafferano steak woodbridge ontario.jpeg

My work booked our Christmas dinner at this new Turkish restaurant which opened less than a year ago. I pass by this restaurant every week on our way to my in-laws, no exception, and it is always packed. So I thought this place must be really good! Well, before you know it, our office Christmas dinner was there: and now I know why it is so packed and busy all the time. The food was amazing, not to mention the service.

The place is called "Mangal Kebab House" (1585 Warden Ave. #4, Scarborough, ON M1R 2S9)

I had the popular Adana Kebob (a bit spicy) and it was perfection. My coworker had the Chicken Skewer and was just as good. For dessert, I had Kenaffa and I don't think I have ever had Kenaffa this good, and I have had plenty of those from Iraqis, Lebanese etc.

IMG_6477.JPEGIMG_6474.JPEGMangal Kebob House - Kennaffa.JPG

ASHOOR

Not from this year, but here is a picture of my favorite Assyrian dish, Pacha, from a previous Christmas. Had it this Christmas too as is often the tradition but totally forgot to take pics.

3B9ACBC2-D303-4BFA-A52B-95621E3BE9C9.jpeg

Our traditional new year’s eve dish of the last few years and yesterday. From Jowan Shawerma (formerly Jowan Kebob) - mixed grill platter (beef and chicken shawarma, chicken souvlaki, beef kebob and rice.

Back