Number of Assyrians who have died of Corona Virus (Covid-19)

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
I am trying to compile some stats on the number of Assyrians who have died of Corona Virus. If you know of any, please list them (no names) just city and gender, age if available.

I personally know of 3 here in Toronto, 2 in Michigan, 1 in Chicago, 1 in Iraq (member of Zowaa’s Nineveh Protection Forces)

-Will try to update this thread as I get more news, but hopefully won't have to!

Last edited:
I stopped updating this due to busy schedule but it is sad to see so many more Assyrians have died from covid recently. I know at least 4 people who died from it here in Toronto alone in the last 2 months alone.

The number will be very high by now. Could be within the 20-30 range. Won't be surprised if it's 50+

A relative of ours died this week here in Toronto due to complications from Corona.

Other than that, 2 more died in the last 2 weeks from Covid complications as well.

An Assyrian friend of mine (and as well as his a couple of his friends) had the virus months ago, as did my relatives. It seems like people mostly recover from it.

Back