• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Introduce yourself

Nimrod91

How many are active here? l know that assyrianvoice became inactive years ago and recently is back in track so we have probably lost a lot of people here

I want to know about you so if you feel like it let us know about you.

I have studied history in university in sweden and want to continue in the near future with my studies. If i get accepted on an education which l want to read to get work l will study that for 1 and a half year, its called in sweden cnc-operatör, we usually work with machines, but after completed education l will not work with that, my plan is to continue in university with history based on interests, while l am already a historian l want to be better and learn more about history. In the future l will work as cnc-operatör and in my free time i will maybe write books about our people, l am active right now on wikipedia and have written and edited many pages about the syriac/assyrian people, mostly in english.

I am also right now learning more western syriac, my mother language and akkadian. I have actually noticed how similar akkadian is with syriac, its fascinating that they are so close. Maybe because they are both semitic. I am actually learning the babylonian dialect of akkadian, l wanted to learn assyrian akkadian but couldnt find anything about it on the webb, maybe because babylonian is more popular.

well that was my presentation.. if you want to know anything else about me let me know.

Tell me a little bit about yourself, why you are active here and what you are doing for our nation. I am actually thinking about donating some money as l did in the past for our nation. I am thinking about the documentary assyria ad, have you heard about it? it will be completed soon.

Cascade

I have in here for nearly 10 years. Lurked at first then become a full fledged member.

What can I say? I'm interested in Assyrian culture and traditions. But I have variety of other interests too like earth sciences, astronomy, gardening, linguistics, geography and English literature.

Crocodile Bani

I am from Australia. One of the older ones here. I live in Darwin which has maybe 2 other Assyrians, though I am originally from Sydney. Darwin is u in the tropics and a very relaxed place to live.

I have lived in Vanuatu, Japan and Thailand and I love traveling. I am also into football (soccer), Rugby League. I like to engage in social issues and am anti racism and anti-political correctness (sad that many people don't understand that you can be both). I always defend the downtrodden and the maligned. I will never ever take the side of the thug/bully. Am known for my anti Imperialism, Zionism, Communism and Wahabism views. We need to stand up to these ideologies which in recent times have been converging into one.

I have an engineering degree but I have never had a chance to use the degree. I currently work for a sports betting company but am looking to get out of there.

As for what I do for the Assyrians, I am always letting people know my culture as they usually think I am Latino (whilst I will not give away my surname, it is very Italian and Portuguese sounding). They are always impressed when I tell them that my language is the one that Jesus spoke. When I lived in Japan, one of my students, who knew of Assyrians but didn't realise they still existed, called me "a living fossil".