Greatest mesopotamian city

Depends what you mean by greatest. I would say the greatest Mesopotamian city would be Edessa (Orhay) having the world's first university (School of Edessa), being the main center for Syriac Literature, and the place where Assyrians started converting to Christianity. That's THREE good reasons!

mrzurnaci said:
Depends what you mean by greatest. I would say the greatest Mesopotamian city would be Edessa (Orhay) having the world's first university (School of Edessa), being the main center for Syriac Literature, and the place where Assyrians started converting to Christianity. That's THREE good reasons!
If we didn't convert to Christianity we still would be the same people - Unless if we converted to Islam though. You make it seem like Christianity redeemed us. If we were still pagans, we wouldn't be any different.

Cascade said:
If we didn't convert to Christianity we still would be the same people - Unless if we converted to Islam though. You make it seem like Christianity redeemed us. If we were still pagans, we wouldn't be any different.
Christianity prevented us from Islamization is what I mean.

mrzurnaci said:

The greatest and richest mesopotamian city was clearly babylon, with nineveh coming second.

Back