Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg now 6th richest person in the world!

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
160129073904-mark-zuckerberg-780x439.jpg

Bloomberg reported that Zuckerberg's wealth soared by $6 billion Thursday after Facebook  (FB, Tech30)reported a stellar quarter with record revenue.

As Facebook's stock rose on the news, his net worth grew to $47.5 billion. That ranks him No. 6 on Bloomberg's list of the wealthiest people in the world.

He leapfrogged Charles and David Koch, who run the conglomerate Koch Industries and who are known for their active support of Republican candidates. The Kochs are each worth $45.9 billion.

Zuckerberg still trails Microsoft (MSFT, Tech30) founder and philanthropist Bill Gates, who is worth $78 billion, Spanish fashionista Amancio Ortega ($69.7 billion), Berkshire Hathaway (BRKA) investor Warren Buffett ($59.4 billion), Amazon (AMZN, Tech30) CEO Jeff Bezos ($55.8 billion) and Mexican tycoon Carlos Slim ($48.6 billion).

Even as Zuckerberg climbed in the rankings, the global stock slide has hit the world's richest people particularly hard. The world's wealthiest seven people lost a combined $19 billion this month, according to Bloomberg.

Source: http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/29/technology/zuckerberg-koch/index.html?iid=hp-stack-dom

why not, this is thanks to all the suckers that are glued to their mobile and computers, spending hours daily on FB, for months and years. Of course that will make Mark rich. Good for him, he is using other people's time to get rich. Took him about 10 years to make 47 billion, not bad at all...

ASHOOR

Etain said:
Deleting my FB was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Absolutely, totally agree! I do have an account, but it is more to maintain the Assyrian Voice page and group. I never post, like, comment as a person. I only post things for the website.

ASHOOR

Back