Do Assyrians in Iraq, Syria, Turkey and Iran need to own guns?

You would be an idiot not too. I can recall on several occasions one male with an ak 47 killing a couple bad guys coming to kill him and his family for various reasons. They would usually come at night. Back when U.S. Forces were in Iraq u could have one rifle which usually was an ak 47 with one maybe two thirty rd mags. Absolutely no pistols though. I'm sure that's changed now.

The Assyrians in Iraq should have pushed for their own army unit back when we were there. Unfortunately they don't understand American bureaucrats and thought the u.s. Would set them up.  Total missed opportunity.

Iraq and Syria are pretty much free-for-alls at this point. Who doesn't own guns there? It's a time of war.

Etain said:
Iraq and Syria are pretty much free-for-alls at this point. Who doesn't own guns there? It's a time of war.

Total misconception. It would surprise you. Just because some jihadis and militias with the occasional resident  run around with some machine guns does not mean the entire population has one. Hell the U.S. had to provide their informants with guns half the time and they needed them. There are way more guns in the U.S. per capita then both places combined. A good pistol there costs almost 2 grand (in dollars I might add). Why is that? Basic supply and demand. Not many exist so they are expensive and the average soldier makes $300 PER MONTH in Iraq and that's a good wage there. Ak's are a lot cheaper, but if you think they are passing them out like candy perhaps you should go ask the NPU how difficult it is to obtain weapons not on loan from the Peshmerga. Can you get them... yes..... for everyone um no. The real question is how much of a priority is it to own one.

Also, Iraq is not a free for all. Its Al Anbar Province and Nineveh Plains. BIG DIFFERENCE. Most of that land in Anbar is not inhabited and its Sunni, which is why Fallujah, Ramadi, and Mosul are so important. Those cities fall and ISIS and their Iraqi Sunni allies are screwed.

Q9786 said:
Total misconception. It would surprise you. Just because some jihadis and militias with the occasional resident  run around with some machine guns does not mean the entire population has one. Hell the U.S. had to provide their informants with guns half the time and they needed them. There are way more guns in the U.S. per capita then both places combined. A good pistol there costs almost 2 grand (in dollars I might add). Why is that? Basic supply and demand. Not many exist so they are expensive and the average soldier makes $300 PER MONTH in Iraq and that's a good wage there. Ak's are a lot cheaper, but if you think they are passing them out like candy perhaps you should go ask the NPU how difficult it is to obtain weapons not on loan from the Peshmerga. Can you get them... yes..... for everyone um no. The real question is how much of a priority is it to own one.

Also, Iraq is not a free for all. Its Al Anbar Province and Nineveh Plains. BIG DIFFERENCE. Most of that land in Anbar is not inhabited and its Sunni, which is why Fallujah, Ramadi, and Mosul are so important. Those cities fall and ISIS and their Iraqi Sunni allies are screwed.

What I'd like to know is: Did Mar Sako did Chaldean-Assyrians to get armed or did he not command that because Rome said no?

mrzurnaci said:
What I'd like to know is: Did Mar Sako did Chaldean-Assyrians to get armed or did he not command that because Rome said no?

I posted a comment under self determination thread in regards to what the assyrians need to do and why they have not received arms. As for mar sako and by rome i assume u mean the catholic church i do not know much about that. What i do know is if the assyrians are taking orders from church leaders thats the first mistake that needs rectified. We live a world based on free will to do bad or good this or that. If the assyrians choose to listen to the churches and not arm then persecution will continue. If the assyrians dont want to unite from a national standpoint then their voices will not be heard over the chatter.

Domanic said:
Do you think it's a good idea if Assyrian households in those countries have guns to protect them from Radical Muslims?
Absolutely!

Gun ownership = Power.

Back