Champions League 2019-2020 (COVID shortened season)

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
So we are down to the last 4, after Bayern embarrassed Barcelona 8-2 while Lyon stunned ManCity 3-1

we now have 2 German and 2 French teams left (ironically the two countries that won the last two WCs, while teams from Italy, England and Spain are all out)

Bayern Munich vs. Lyon
Leipzig FC vs. PSG

Although we have seen a lot of surprises so far , I think it is safe to say it will be a PSG vs. Bayern final. And because of Neymar, I will be cheering for PSG.

ASHOOR

Last edited:
Couple of thoughts about last few games:

-Messi and Barcelona suffered a historical embarrassment of epic proportion by losing to Bayern 8-2! Messi has won 4 CL titles in his 15 year career with Barca which is impressive! But if you think about it, the 2006 one, he had little role to play as he was young and was all about Ronaldinho and Eto. While 2015 wouldn’t be possible without Neymar and Suarez. That leaves us with 2009 and 2011, his two most deserved wins. But even those wouldn’t be possible without the help and magic of Xavi, Ineista and Alves, in addition to other stars they had. I understand it is a team sport and you need others to help you, but as good as Messi is, he is not someone that can carry a team. We have seen that with Barca as well as with the Argentine NT.

-Guardiola fails once again to take ManCity past the QF. He has now failed to win a CL inn6 attempts after leaving Barca (3 with Bayern and 3 with ManCity) . Seems like money alone doesn’t buy you a title!

-Did you know that German club Leipzig FC was started in 2009, having been purchases by American company Red Bull and turned into a professional team. Amazing that they have taken just 11 years to make it to the SF in just 11 years, even if it is shortened season.

-Will this finally be PSG’s year? They have been a bit unlucky last few years, but seem like this may finally be their year, especially if they get lucky and lose no more players to injury.

I may be working the Champions League Final shift. I hope I do but at the same time, I hope it won't be busy so I can enjoy the match.

PSG has made it to their first ever Champions League final, thanks to an amazing display from Neymar although he missed some clear chances.

At 28 years old, while we know he is not at the level of Ronaldo,Romário etc, but still being a great player, unfortunately it is clear that finishing is his weak point. At least relatively speaking. Thank god he makes up for it by his great dribbling and playmaking.

View: https://youtu.be/MtiYIs9CtHo

Last edited:
Like you, I didn't see either semi final. I thought I would be watching the final at work, but due to the company not paying the bills, we do not have access to the channel that will show the final.

Personally, I think Bayern have the big game players and I think PSG will be somewhat overawed. Mind you, without the big crowds, it will even things up PSG's way.

I hope I find a way of watching the match.

Back