Brazil vs. Egypt

Well that was quite the ending to a match.  I felt bad for Egypt.  Brazil looked so dominant that they are just going to coast through this tourney.   :lol:

Hahahahaha Jacob, Ashoor is going to think that you're serious.  That was a really undeserving loss for Egypt.  They deserved a split of the points.

Haha, you're right Jona.  Maybe my smiley icon doesn't show up on the iPhone and he thinks I'm serious.

For a split second there, when I saw the Egyptian keeper dive the right way, I thought he was going to get his hands on Kaka's pk and make a stunning save.  They really did deserve a point out of that one.

Ashoor, you got lucky today. You got totaly outplayed by Egypt. Egypt was todays Brazil. Egypt deserved a tie. They played great in the second half.

I watched the entire game, and I am here to give my thoughts.

Yes, I am very disappointed at the performance, but there are many things to consider and take from this:

-Brazil was playing at an unfamiliar territory (literally) a few thousands feet above sea leave, which explains why they were getting tired. They played the same time that Iraq did yesterday, and some 5 hours earlier than the time Spain did (makes a big difference I believe) - but this is a small excuse.
-Players still haven't recovered from a long trip from Brazil, and already exhausting long league seasons
-Brazil wasn't ready for Egypt, as in, they were already focusing on Italy and to a lesser extent, the USA.
-Let us give credit to Egypt, they just played really really good. Their passing was amazing most of the time
-Egypt got a big lift from its first goal, and that kinda set the tone for them. And when they scored 2 more goals in less than a minute, that pushed their confidence through the roof.
-Brazil won even with their most of their top stars not playing great, including Robinho, Fabiano, Alves, Pato etc. Imagine when they do?

This is a great blessing and wake up call. I wouldn't want to beat the Egyptians and then think I can just ease my way into the finals. This way, Brazil will have gotten a wake up call from the first match they played.

I am just amazed at how different Brazil looked today from their last two games they played last week against Uruguay and Paraguay. Like day and night. But again, they will adjust.

Kaka may have saved the day for us today, but my God he is so frustrating at times. He falls too much (well this is due to how much coverage he gets) , kills the momentum, and hardly ever passes. And the other thing that amazes me, why do Brazil like to squeeze themselvs in tight spots, where even a needle can't pass by, let alone a soccer ball? it is much easier to go from the wings sometimes than from the middle.  I guess this is what makes Brazilian soccer exciting and appealing, they don't do things the easy way.

Finally, it is only fitting that I mention how funny it was when that Egyptian player tried to act as if he was hurt, simply for touching a ball with his hand lol!!! Hillarious.  This is why I don't like soccer rules sometimes: in any other game, this would have been a goal. Why not in soccer? why do we need to take a penalty and make this from a sure goal to something that could be wasted? but thank God Kaka saved the day with an amazing penalty.

I expect the Italy vs. USA to be another thriller with more than a few goals.

ASHOOR

I knew something was wrong, and Dunga just confirmed it:

?Our team is really, really, very tired,? said Brazil coach Dunga, whose team won World Cup qualifiers at Uruguay on June 6 and at home against Paraguay four days later. ?With our technical quality we were able to overcome it.?

So for all the Egyptians out there, yes your team played good today, but it was Brazil that was tired. Otherwise, in your dream that Brazil plays like this.

Hopefully they rest well for next game.

ASHOOR

Ashoor, nasha no excuses ok. Brazil sucked in the second half. Egypt walkded all over them. They were the Brazil and Brazil was Egypt in the second half. Altitude, tired does not cut it. What do you think Dunga will say "admit they are bad". You will never hear a coach slam his guys especially not after the first game.

What a difference though between Egypt and Iraq. I always think having favourites win makes for a better final but the underdogs when they preform well I just love it. 

You know...when i started seeing egypt play well, I said to myself, i don't mind if they win, if they play so well....

BUT

As soon as they started sniffing the grass after one of the goals and gave their a$$ to everyone, I got pissed off with them.

And the end .....  :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: that idiot thought he could have a part time keeper job.

I told you guys , no excuses but I have confirmed this 100%: Brazil was very tired and fatigued from all the recent play and travel. Robinho , Pato and Dunga all said the same thing. So it is not like they agreed to say they were tired to be excused LOL. 

Some are responding by saying that it is not only Brazil that had to travel or play long seasons, and that all other players in the tournament. But last time I checked, Brazil is no close to SA than other participating countries are. Most Brazilian players travelled from Europe after a very long season to join the NT in Brazil then travel to Paraguay for a game then back to Brazil for another game, and then take a long flight across the Atlantic to get to SA and from there have to travel by bus to their host city. Talk about exhaustion! I am tired just typing this, I can't imagine how tiring it must be for the poor players.

But you guys are excused too for thinking that it was just a matter of Egyptians outplaying the great Brazilians.

Well now you know the behind-the-scene story.

Brought you by ASHOOR

ASHOOR

Ashoor, remember when i said that Dunga doesn't have enough experience under the belt? I think it really showed against Egypt.

I'm predicting that Italy will keep Egypt scoreless in their match.

Merengues said:
NO EXCUSES ASHOOR, Just admited, Brazil got outplayed...

No man, you have to know the difference between 'excuse' and 'facts'

What I stated are facts about what really happened :) LOL

ASHOOR

Knight said:
You know...when i started seeing egypt play well, I said to myself, i don't mind if they win, if they play so well....

BUT

As soon as they started sniffing the grass after one of the goals and gave their a$$ to everyone, I got pissed off with them.

And the end .....  :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: that idiot thought he could have a part time keeper job.

LOOOOL that was hilarious man, and I couldn't agree more. They had to get religion involved, and not just symbolism but full 'rake3 3al ga3'

And yes, that guy was trying to impress his coach by playing PT goalie :giggle:

And my God, how pathetic was that when he made himself look hurt????Hurt from touching the ball with your hand? or what was that guilt bothering you? loooooooool.

ASHOOR

Back