Beneil Dariush representing Assyrians on UFC FN

Joe25

I don't know if anybody here follows UFC/MMA but there are several Assyrians doing very well. Randa Markos and Beneil Dariush are ranked top 10 in the world in their weight class I believe.
Anyway on the tale of the tape they usually show the flag of the fighter's birth country, for Beneil he was born in Iran but we were surprised to see the Assyrian flag on the screen there.
Beneil_Dariush.jpg

This would mean Beneil went out of his way to tell the producers to put the Assyrian flag up which is pretty cool. He's an admirable person and he was doing great too but unfortunately the fight did not end well for him last night.

TerrenceMalick said:
He will come back stronger and better. He still has a great record (14-3).

I believe in him, he has been improving a lot. He is a BJJ world champion yet he was outstriking Barboza who is known as one of the best kickboxers in the UFC, that's remarkable.

TerrenceMalick said:
This. And, had it gone to decision, Dariush would've won the match.

I would favor him in a rematch. As great as that knee was from Barboza, it's not something you can land perfectly like that all the time. Dariush is a well rounded fighter and very tough, he's got a bright future in the sport.

Agreed,he had Barboza in the 1st round ,but got caught going for the take down.It happens.Plus Barboza's no joke ,he was ranked 4th with a 3 game win streak.BTW there are 2 more assyrians that fight in the ufc .David Teymur who won last week,and Jarjis Danho,They're both from Sweden.

Back