Barzani promises to step down after Independence.

mrzurnaci

http://rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/230320161

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region - Kurdish leader Masoud Barzani pledged to step down as president and ?let someone else take my place" after declaring independence from Iraq.

?The day we have an independent Kurdistan, I will cease to be the president of that Kurdistan. And I will congratulate the Kurdistan people and let someone else take my place. This is a pledge from me -- I will not be the president of Kurdistan," said Barzani, who said early this year that a referendum on independence should come before the US presidential election in November.

In a wide-ranging interview with Al Monitor, Barzani also spoke about a referendum for the Kurdish regions in Syria and relations with Turkey.

Barzani said he was serious about holding a referendum and vowed he would never "instrumenalize such a critical issue," because it "concerns the fate of millions of people, after all the suffering they have endured, all the sacrifices they made."

Ok, place your bets everybody. I'm betting he won't step down and IF he does step down, he's putting someone related to him in charge. I'm betting $100 USD

He also knows that if it ever happens he will be so old that it won't matter anymore for him anyway.

Joe25 said:
Yes and will there be an independant Kurdistan before he's 80 and decripit? I doubt it.
personally Joe, I'd like it if Kurds got a country alot sooner because then they can stop bothering us about it. Plus, it'll be easier for us to retake the land if it's splintered up by different groups

mrzurnaci said:
I'd like it if Kurds got a country alot sooner because then they can stop bothering us about it. Plus, it'll be easier for us to retake the land if it's splintered up by different groups

Then they will start persecuting us, let them be stateless it's better that way.

Back