• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Assyriska FF 2013 Season Discussion Thread

Well, it's time to forget the horrible 2011 season and look ahead.

Yesterday the first Assyriska 2012 news came out.

Two players (Imad Chhadeh and Rickard Jansson) who Assyriska brought in for this past season have left. Both of them were injured large parts of the season so the contracts were terminated from both sides.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) AFF will have their first training game since the end of the season.

Probably the best Assyriska player from this season despite having been injured for roughly the whole second half of it, Haris Laitinen, has extended his contract with two years.

He is still injured but should start training seriously again in spring 2012.

Enki

If I was ever to be lucky enough to win the $50,000,000CDN lottery Friday, I'll make a pitch to buy a majority share in the club.  :ranting:

Some updates on the team.

They have a new coach who will start his job from January 1st, 2012. He could be good for the team actually. Several players in the highest division of Sweden speak highly of him as he helped them get to where they are.

Som key players have written new contracts.

The Assyrian talent Mikael Ishak might leave to a bigger club. It's important that we get good money for him. I believe he was at Bundesliga club FC Koeln recently to train.

Sad news. They're currently looking into the Moussa brothers murder case in Sodertalje.

People have been prosecuted. It has also come out that Eddie, his brother, and other leaders in Assyriska might also have been connected to the X-team gang (the rival gang that are prosecuted right now are called "the sodertalje network"). One of Assyriska's biggest sponsor said that if they knew that there were criminal people in Assyriska they would cut the cooperation before. The current contract runs out at around new years eve.

Both teams are caught up in this.

davidb

Is this coach also going to leave just after we get a good run going on at the start of the season?

They have signed a two or three year contract with him.

He isn't as well-known as the trainer who left last season so I doubt he'll leave even if Assyriska do good. He's quite young as well, early forties.

The 2012 season preparations for the Assyriska team in Gothenburg is going great so far though. Wouldn't surprise me if they take the step up to the third highest division this coming season.

An Assyriska player (Mikael Thorstensson) made a gingerbread house.

the goalkeeper who is 200 cm tall

Ashur Marklund with his crown

He burned some of them but instead of throwing them away he used them as two black players of the team

Zelge

And the funniest, he writes: "The committee?"

Free_Assyria

wait a min i thought we already had a coach? house looks awesome.
I didnt think we would keep the young star for long. FC Koln wow kid is missing places.
Koln = best beer in the world hmmmmmmmm Kulch.

They went separate ways because the committee and him didn't "agree" on some "things" (committee playing coaches again).

Looks like Ishak could actually get a contract with Koln already. Damn, that's a huge step. I thought they were going to tell him to play a season in the Swedish highest division first and then see. Ishak possibly playing on the same team as Lukas Podolski.

In other Assyrian international players news, Sanharib Malki from Qamishly is doing good in the highest division of Holland. 9 goals in 14 appearances for Roda JC (9th place).

Malki Sabah Germinal Beerschot Antwerp GBA

He's currently in 4th place in the top scorer table of the league:

1. Dries Mertens PSV Eindhoven 12

2. Marc Janko Twente 10
Miralem Sulejmani Ajax 10

4.Bas Dost Heerenveen 9
Sanharib Malki Roda 9
Tim Matavz PSV Eindhoven  9
Wilfried Bony Vitesse 9

If he finishes high bigger teams will definitely look into him.

AlexSuryoyo

SyriacOrthodoxAssyrian said:
They went separate ways because the committee and him didn't "agree" on some "things" (committee playing coaches again).

Looks like Ishak could actually get a contract with Koln already. Damn, that's a huge step. I thought they were going to tell him to play a season in the Swedish highest division first and then see. Ishak possibly playing on the same team as Lukas Podolski.

In other Assyrian international players news, Sanharib Malki from Qamishly is doing good in the highest division of Holland. 9 goals in 14 appearances for Roda JC (9th place).

Malki Sabah Germinal Beerschot Antwerp GBA

He's currently in 4th place in the top scorer table of the league:

1. Dries Mertens PSV Eindhoven 12

2. Marc Janko Twente 10
Miralem Sulejmani Ajax 10

4.Bas Dost Heerenveen 9
Sanharib Malki Roda 9
Tim Matavz PSV Eindhoven  9
Wilfried Bony Vitesse 9

If he finishes high bigger teams will definitely look into him.
I just want to add that there are some rumors which say that Stuttgart is interested by Malki, he's really talented so it's not a surprise. He'll maybe play in a highest division than eredivisie which is also good but bundensliga is a level above ;)

Ps: it's good to see that "assyrians" support one of our players who call himself "aramean", unity between our factions is really important

I'm not a "qashyo" Assyrian. Many people in family call themselves aramean or syriac, pretty much everyone who call themselves aramean are from the same church as I, etc. I want any one from our people to do good. Are you from Holland?

Anyway, Assyriska are close to the first signing for the 2012 season. A 21 year old Greek central defender Sotirios Papagiannopoulos. He's one of the best central defenders in the third highest division of Sweden so considering his age it would be a solid signing. Our new coach is one of the best coaches in Sweden in developing talents. If he signs with AFF it should happen this week. He scored 5 goals in 24 games as a central defender in the 2011 season.

We need players like that. Not old people with a name who just want to earn some money in their final years or uncertain players from foreign countries. Young, hungry, who live in Sweden.

Qashyo means hardcore/extreme in this context. Extreme Arameans or Assyrians, we call them qashye. They won't compromise on anything (joke: if they use a pencil that pencil has to be called an Aramean or Assyrian pencil, it can't be anything else or in between).

While for me when non-Assyrians ask me what I am I say Assyrian. But I don't think everything has to be called Assyrian like the qashye. They'll call the language Assyrian, the church Assyrian Orthodox, etc.