Assyrian Convention 2010 - Arizona

What is racist about fighting crime? I'm guessing you are more interested identity politics than the health and safety of American citizens. What a shame. As an Assyrian/American legal citizen... I'm going to do all I can to help get Brewer re-elected.... Which shouldn't be too difficult seeing as how 70% of Arizonans support this law.  Anyone who is against this law should look up the word "illegal" in the dictionary anyone who breaks the "law" should not get any free pass.  The law states if you break the "law" for any reason then law enforcement has the right to ask you if you are here legal or illegally once you have broken the law.

Why are Democrats trying to incite violence and riots now BY USING LOADED AND DIVISIVE LANGUAGE? These FRINGE RADICAL leftists are making Stalin look like a boy scout. (Hey, if the left wants to compare conservatives to McVeigh, we have plenty of leftists ... Stalin, Castro, Chavez we can compare them to)

And why are Democrats defending the law breakers AND ILLEGAL ALIENS, instead of the rights of those that obey the law and the CITIZENS of the UNITED STATES? (I'm guessing Democrats REALLY REALLY want to add the illegal aliens to the voting rolls at the expense of CITIZENS RIGHTS)  It is worth enforcing the law since the federal government isn't doing it and Arizonans are fed up of all the drug cartels,illegals who have committed crimes against their citizens.  I don't think some people understand!!!! Americans are fed up!  Its worth to enforce the law for the sake of america to inforce the laws and deal with any backlash that may come.Or maby we should go ahead and rename this country United states of Mexico!  THis is why we have IMMIGRATION LAWS IN THIS COUNTRY and everyone should obey them without NO EXCEPTION TO ANYONE!  I am not a racist before anyone starts accusing me but just following the laws that we should obey.

I'm going. I'm light skinned and not trying to smuggle anything back from Tiajuana in my rectum, so I'm not worried about the popo.

Hell no. First of all, there's nothing there (I don't give a rat's ass what anyone says... I've been there enough times to judge). Second, I refuse to pay a penny towards that racist backwards state AND I'm an effin' Republican... so that liberal hippie label can't touch me. Hahahaha!

No one here is discouraging anyone. The question asked which people were going. Those who aren't stated why. It would be retarded for people to determine whether they want to go or not based on other people's opinions, especially on the internet. That's fvcking retarded... not our reasons why we aren't going.

I'm sorry we're not gonna lick the AANF's balls and try to get people to go by sugar-coating the fact that we're brown and we gotta carry papers.

I don't care. It's a racist law. Period.

As for the ball-licking comment, obviously you didn't understand what I wrote. Read it again.

When a sofa's tossed from 12th story of a hotel room, it's all your asses in the can. Naive broads.

It's back to Kirkuk, Hasakeh, and Tehran for all of ya. "I'm going going back back to Iraq Iraq."

Ashuriena said:
When a sofa's tossed from 12th story of a hotel room, it's all your asses in the can. Naive broads.

It's back to Kirkuk, Hasakeh, and Tehran for all of ya. "I'm going going back back to Iraq Iraq."

if that kind of behavior comes out of an assyrian then yes they should be sent back to where they came from. We don't need those kind of people ruining the convention,reputation and causing a scene.

Ashuriena said:

Out of all the many interjections I could've posted I decided to join in here Ash.

I don't agree with your statement here.  You are merely contributing to the annoying label that we Assyrians are "bad" people and all we know is how to fight and cause trouble at conventions.  News flash: ALL conventions have fights and trouble!  Yes, even Star Trek Conventions (so I've heard) :)

We will never be "kicked out" of any convention or city due to our label as being "bad".  AANF has an insurance policy for the convention (its a requirement for all conventions) and plus they are not liable for what happens inside the hotel room, that liability is for the cardholder its under so chose your roommates wisely :p

I digress...

The scope of this post was to discuss the convention, not so much the law.  For those of you not coming because of the law, a simple: "I'm not coming because I do not support their new immigration law"... would suffice and that would pretty much settle it.

However, being Assyrian, that is probably too much to ask for or expect so the previous posts really did a number on this scope.

That said, you'll have to excuse me, this new sofa is really getting on my nerves.....................    lol

On the surface the new law 1070 may appear racist. I live in Arizona and I am proud to be Assyrian. Are you aware of the reason Arizona it taking such a hard stance? It is NOT the color of their skin. Mexican drug gangs are overtaking our boarders. Mexico City type murders and kidnappings are taking place at an alarming rate not just the boarders but in Phoenix. It is NOT just Mexicans crossing the boarder illegally that should cause fear for all of our safety.  If they were your own neighbors and friends would you make every effort to protect them? This law is a direct reflection of existing US law that goes unenforced. Obama may not understand the urgency or the desire to dedicate the funds to address this crisis. I am aware there is racism everywhere... remember I am Assyrian too. My great grandparents were murdered due to racism in Iran. This convention is so important. It may be the only link Assyrians like myself have to our culture and for future generations. If we can not unite for celebration of our heritage then we have no future. As for me and my daughter and grandchildren... we will be there. Proud of the past generations that sacrificed so much to give us life.... My skin is dark. I have never been stopped and asked if I am a citizen.  What a shame it would be if we let Mexican Drug lords and their terrorism have victory over our right to be show how proud we are as Assyrians in celebration of survival against all odds.  P.S. When I fly, register a car, cash a check, buy a house, vote, pick up certified mail I show my ID. That is all that is required when asked.

Sorry guys, I haven't been on this chat for a while - when is the exact date of the convention? I'm just really curious
thanks all!

Nah, not going this year. Boycotting AZ and the AANF until leadership changes.

Chairmian, Obama has deported more non-status immigrants in the last 18 months than Bush did in 8 years. The law has little to do with imigration and more to do with wreaking havoc during our first black President's Presidency.

Have fun ya'll!

This thread is full of errors.. A whole lot of misinterpreted people..

For starters.. The convention is not in Scottsdale, it is in Phoenix.. Two different cities. Biltmore is like 3 square miles of Phoenix thats just pretty much a neighborhood.

People are really funny with their exaggerated comments and replies.. You don't need a passport, just a valid ID card. So they can ----------> Identify you.. Thats what and ID is.

If you're not commiting a crime then you've got nothing to worry about.

Last, it is no where near as bad as people make it to be.. Typical Assyrian exaggeration going on lol. It really is nothing.. On top of all that, all the parts of the law that really make it "unfair" have been stopped.

ninous26 said:

For starters.. The convention is not in Scottsdale, it is in Phoenix.. Two different cities. Biltmore is like 3 square miles of Phoenix thats just pretty much a neighborhood.

People are really funny with their exaggerated comments and replies.. You don't need a passport, just a valid ID card. So they can ----------> Identify you.. Thats what and ID is.

Last, it is no where near as bad as people make it to be.. Typical Assyrian exaggeration going on lol. It really is nothing.. On top of all that, all the parts of the law that really make it "unfair" have been stopped.

Bravo to your post!

ninous26 said:

I technically committed at least three crimes last week. Luckily I'm not Mexican and I don't live in Arizona. The "committing crimes" argument is bogus. Checked your tail lights lately?

Dude, they don't ask you for immigration status over that crap..

When you get pulled over the cop asks for your license, registration, and insurance.. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A LICENSE, NO MATTER WHAT CITY, COUNTY, STATE, OR COUNTRY YOU WILL GET PULLED OUT OF YOUR CAR AND BE INVESTIGATED UPON!!

Sorry for the caps but I'm just hoping that gets the point across. I don't support the law in anyway. I love mexicans but its not as bad as CNN, and the people make it to be :)

IF a cop has a reason to believe you're illegal then he'll see whats up.. For instance if he pulls someone over for the tail lights and the guy in the car is all like?? Que pasa amigo? No habla engles. Then the cop will be like ok, something not right..
Same thing if they see someone staggering around at night all drunk with NO ID.. They have to by law find out who this person is.. Is it a criminal? Outstanding warrants?

I am not a US citizen and I went to jail twice here for speeding..This was way before the 1070 law.. Both times Department of homeland security called me along with the INS to see what I was doing in there country.. I said I was going to school and living at home.. Never heard from them again..  I got two fat speeding tickets and let out.. Never been deported back to canada.. Been living in AZ since 99.-- That just shows that the "law" has been in effect long before the 1070

Oh and by the way, your comment about " I hope your overpriced drinks taste sour" is uncalled for. What the hell is wrong with you man? Relax, people are just trying to have a good time.. No need to wish bad things upon them.

Ok, take the car out of the equation and tell me who's more likely to get stopped and questioned for jaywalking or loitering?  The law allows for profiling, which is racist. They may say they don't profile, but I'm not buying that.  Just wait for legal Mexicans to start getting halted for walking or standing while Mexican.

And I know that the bulk of the law has been gutted by the courts and that all of it will likely be stricken later, but that doesn't absolve the racist state for passing it in the first place or the citizens who've supported it. They still won't see a dime if my money.

ninous26 said:
Oh and by the way, your comment about " I hope your overpriced drinks taste sour" is uncalled for. What the hell is wrong with you man? Relax, people are just trying to have a good time.. No need to wish bad things upon them.

That is directed to all those who will support the AANF in this year that they've denied an Assyrian filmmaker a space to show his work. I hope nobody has a good time if this is the way this organization is going to act. I've supported them in the past and have been happy to do so at the conventions, but their actions this year are uncalled for and that is why I will continue to call for a boycott.

I hear that they may reconsider letting Andre show his documentary, which I hope they do, but until that is confirmed I shall remain adamant about my feelings this year. Hopefully they can get their s**t together for the next one.

jacob said:
That is directed to all those who will support the AANF in this year that they've denied an Assyrian filmmaker a space to show his work. I hope nobody has a good time if this is the way this organization is going to act. I've supported them in the past and have been happy to do so at the conventions, but their actions this year are uncalled for and that is why I will continue to call for a boycott.

I hear that they may reconsider letting Andre show his documentary, which I hope they do, but until that is confirmed I shall remain adamant about my feelings this year. Hopefully they can get their s**t together for the next one.

Agree.

jacob said:
Ok, take the car out of the equation and tell me who's more likely to get stopped and questioned for jaywalking or loitering?  The law allows for profiling, which is racist. They may say they don't profile, but I'm not buying that.  Just wait for legal Mexicans to start getting halted for walking or standing while Mexican.

And I know that the bulk of the law has been gutted by the courts and that all of it will likely be stricken later, but that doesn't absolve the racist state for passing it in the first place or the citizens who've supported it. They still won't see a dime if my money.

You do know that there are millions of hispanics and dark skin colored people here right? You probably have never even been here to AZ (excuse me if I'm wrong) so how do you know all of this? I doubt you have any idea as to whats going on.. Loitering, is illegal.. If a white person were to be jaywalking or loitering. They'd get questioned by police. Usually when someone is loitering they're up to no good anyways.. Perhaps you don't know how police are here.. Police here are some of the most chill people you'd ever meet. You will NOT get harrassed by police if you're jaywalking unless you're crossing roads dangerously in rush hour which would look like you're trying to commit suicide.

I have somehwat darker skin.. Never been harrassed by police in my life. I am outside a lot, my car draws tons of attention. I have darker than limo tint.. Never been harrased.. Only caught doing something illegal which is speeding..

This law applies to everyone here illegaly.. If you are here illegaly and you're from the UK, Canada, or whatever then you can be deported too just like the mexicans can.. If you're visiting, thats something else.. There are lots of cars here driving around with Mexican license plates.. They're obviously letting them in.. Why???? Because they came here the right way.. Not hoping fences and climbing mountains.

Just wait for mexicans to be halted? Dude this isn't nazi germany.. Stop making shit up. Nothing like that ever happens. This law, by the way is and has been effect soooo yeah.. They're not "halting" anyone.

We have mexican police, mexican political figures, mexican lawyers.. Ohh, and also some of the richest people in this state are.... guess what?? Mexican..

jacob said:

I don't care about any of that. I'm just going to have a good time and meet other Assyrians. Either way, its not my fault what they are doing is making you unhappy.. So don't wich negative things upon me and other people that are going..

What are you so mad about?

Back