Are you as an Assyrian for or against Kurdish referendum in Iraq .

Are you as an Assyrian FOR or AGAINST Kurdistan referendum

• Totally against the Kurdish referendum

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • For Kurdish referendum

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I simply do not care and will not vote

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
nejepnerast said:
I'm a true believer that what we do makes us who we are , not our religion or nationality . Assyrian abroad are doing a terrible job . Instead of focusing on the Assyrian future back home  they are busy on a crusade against the kurd which will get them nothing . I'm from Dohuk and if you go to down town and tell everyone you meet that you are Assyrian , people will look at you like you have a mental issue , because no one cares about these things . Hold the Assyrian flag and walk in the market and I promise no one will touch you . Go built an assyrian school and you will get funding from the government . Go make a political party or establish humanitarian organization for Assyrian and you will not hear a beep from Anyone .  Majority of Kurds are beyond this non sense and they want to go forward , now off course you will find ultra nationalist kurds here and there , but they are rejected by the society and have no power.
You know what? I agree with you again. Assyrians have taken their Kurdish hatred too far. Let the Kurds have a country. The Romans took our lands before, as did the Mongols, Persians and now Arabs. So it's left for Kurds? We're still living anyway. And also, we are living in the west. It won't affect us. Maybe if we all stayed in the homeland we could have gotten recognition? But no, we cowered and ran way from Assyria. So these protesters are not being useful at all. They should go to the homeland and do that.

Plus, there are Assyrians living in Iraqi Kurdistan who are for the Kurdish referendum. They know that being independent from Iraq will make their lives there more prosperous and richer. Let's fact it, Iraq has gone down the drain. Most people in Baghdad desperately want to move it (and some of them did a decade ago after the way, when they moved to Duhok).

With that being said, there are anti-Assyrian Kurdish dogs who need an ass beating. Lol. But let's not be too vehement and belligerent towards Kurds. It won't get us anywhere.

The kurds are not smart, most of them anyways, no offense to kurds. Their genetics are bad, we assyrians are also not that smart but smarter than the kurds anyways. I really havent seen one smart kurd, ever. All l met were stupid and got no education haha

Nemrud said:
The kurds are not smart, most of them anyways, no offense to kurds. Their genetics are bad, we assyrians are also not that smart but smarter than the kurds anyways. I really havent seen one smart kurd, ever. All l met were stupid and got no education haha

They can thank Islam for that.

Nemrud said:
And genetics

What is the connection between genetics and being civilised peole??
Honestly, I dont know what makes us feel we are smarter or better than Kurds or Arabs. Do we have any nobel winners in science?? Do we have better living stadard cities and villages than Kurds or Arabs?

What our ancestors developed and invented was really impressive. We are not doing anything imressive now.

KingA said:
Honestly, I dont know what makes us feel we are smarter or better than Kurds or Arabs. Do we have any nobel winners in science?? Do we have better living stadard cities and villages than Kurds or Arabs?

What our ancestors developed and invented was really impressive. We are not doing anything imressive now.

"Genes we are born with account for more than half the differences in intelligence between people, a study has shown.

The new findings will fuel the 'nature versus nurture' debate over what makes us clever or dumb.

As well as genes, environmental factors such as parenting, nutrition and exposure to chemicals in the womb are also thought to have a significant effect."

No, genes are important for intelligence as these scientists claim. Our genes is really bad, we are weak as people, the kurds being 30 -50 million people hasnt got any famous man or women at all winning anything, or doing anything good beside war, that shows that their genes sucks. Our genes are also bad, no wonder we were mostly warlike people during the ancient assyrians, and not doing anything impressive since we became christians lol.

And remember we are so weak that we werent able to get a country for thousands of years lol no offense to other assyrians but l am not talking to individual assyrian because he might be intelligent, l am talking about all the assyrians put together.

And what about the kurds lol, they have never been able to get a country, if they are the descendants of the medes then they did have something, but what did the medes do? nothing, they sucks as well.

KingA said:

Atleast we are not trying to claim other peoples history and being bad towards other people like the kurds.

I agree with KingA.

We cannot act like we are far superior than other people. Nemrud you are basing your claims on your subjective opinion and no factual evidence. How do you know that our genes, or the genes of Kurds or Arabs are "bad"? You seem to be basing your ideas on the historic achievements of a people rather than concrete evidence.

If you go to Africa for example, I'm fairly sure you will find many people who aren't as "intelligent" as other people simply due to a lack of education, their social context, culture, and environmental surroundings. The Australian Aborigines are a great example as well. The reason they didn't build huge cities and civilisation was because they didn't have to. Their way of life was never threatened by any outside force (until the Europeans came of course), there was nothing which forced their society to advance since they lived in the middle of nowhere and their society was never threatened by anyone or anything. Does that mean they were not as intelligent as others since they did not create huge cities and did not have a sophisticated or well developed concept of mathematics? Absolutely not, it's just a matter of circumstance. Human beings only advance if they need to. Maybe there is a genetic influence on intelligence to a certain extent, but you can't simply judge a people's intelligence based on their historical achievements.

SonOfAssyria said:
I agree with KingA.

We cannot act like we are far superior than other people. Nemrud you are basing your claims on your subjective opinion and no factual evidence. How do you know that our genes, or the genes of Kurds or Arabs are "bad"? You seem to be basing your ideas on the historic achievements of a people rather than concrete evidence.

If you go to Africa for example, I'm fairly sure you will find many people who aren't as "intelligent" as other people simply due to a lack of education, their social context, culture, and environmental surroundings. The Australian Aborigines are a great example as well. The reason they didn't build huge cities and civilisation was because they didn't have to. Their way of life was never threatened by any outside force (until the Europeans came of course), there was nothing which forced their society to advance since they lived in the middle of nowhere and their society was never threatened by anyone or anything. Does that mean they were not as intelligent as others since they did not create huge cities and did not have a sophisticated or well developed concept of mathematics? Absolutely not, it's just a matter of circumstance. Human beings only advance if they need to. Maybe there is a genetic influence on intelligence to a certain extent, but you can't simply judge a people's intelligence based on their historical achievements.
This is true to some extent. Kurds and Arabs are no more neurologically smarter or uneducated than us. And yes, historical achievements don't always correlate with an ethnic group's intelligence. The Aztecs and the Mayans were a rich and advanced society. Today, they're pretty much subpar, economically and scientifically.

However, some races do better than other races, even in western countries living in the same society. Take for instance east Asians. They mostly top in science and mathematics, with whites and blacks, respectively, coming next. When it comes to athletics, blacks usually fare better and run the fastest. There is an evolution reason to do this since in the African savannah, sprinting was vital so they can escape predators.

Cascade said:
This is true to some extent. Kurds and Arabs are no more neurologically smarter or uneducated than us. And yes, historical achievements don't always correlate with an ethnic group's intelligence. The Aztecs and the Mayans were a rich and advanced society. Today, they're pretty much subpar, economically and scientifically.

However, some races do better than other races, even in western countries living in the same society. Take for instance east Asians. They mostly top in science and mathematics, with whites and blacks, respectively, coming next. When it comes to athletics, blacks usually fare better and run the fastest. There is an evolution reason to do this since in the African savannah, sprinting was vital so they can escape predators.

It is very true that some races do better than other races in particular things. East Asians are good at maths because they are mostly farmers who would obviously rely on maths, and also because many of them come from poor circumstances and want to become successful and have careers in what they and probably most people would consider as honourable professions, such as Engineers, Doctors, Lawyers, etc. Black people (African Americans) usually fare better in sport as a result of their history as slaves, as slave owners would often force particular slaves to marry each other based on their physical strength, and after many generations of this you get people like Mike Tyson. Africans (not African Americans but actual Africans) would logically be fast runners as like you said, sprinting was vital for survival in the African Savannah.

SonOfAssyria said:
I agree with KingA.

I couldn't have said it better myself!!

I dont support kurdish state in our homeland, if they want a kurdish state, make it somewere else please, probably iran.

I've read that the reason the Kurds migrated out of Iran is because they are Sunni Muslim, and were oppressed by the Persians who were Shia Muslims. I'm not sure how accurate this is but it makes sense.

Nemrud said:
Yeah again sorry, l was in a bad mood lol, now when you said it it makes sence.

I understand where you are coming from, genetics can have an influence on intelligence but it is just one factor out of many that influences an individuals intelligence.

KingA said:
I couldn't have said it better myself!!

Great minds think alike brother :p

Nemrud said:

Your post made me laugh , so thank you for that .
Yes Kurds are smart at all , in fact aside from a small group called Ismailis of Agh khan i see no hope in any nation in the middle east .
The success in the Western world is derived from working collectively to build a nation which is a notion that does not exist in our culture as middle eastern . A bunch of lazy ass who expect everything to be handed to them on a plate of Gold and even when it is handed to them they fight each other for it .

nejepnerast said:
Your post made me laugh , so thank you for that .
Yes Kurds are smart at all , in fact aside from a small group called Ismailis of Agh khan i see no hope in any nation in the middle east .
The success in the Western world is derived from working collectively to build a nation which is a notion that does not exist in our culture as middle eastern . A bunch of lazy ass who expect everything to be handed to them on a plate of Gold and even when it is handed to them they fight each other for it .

Actually the kurds are smart but the reason why l say they are not smart is because they claim other peoples history and then they say they are the descendants of the medes without saying how they became kurds, and even already have a calendar dating to 612 bc when the medes conquered nineveh, thats why. Its the kurds fault, they look stupid because they are acting stupid. Also when we say they dont have enough proof they call us stupid lol. There are even some kurds that claim they are mesopotamians LOL

Nemrud said:
Actually the kurds are smart but the reason why l say they are not smart is because they claim other peoples history and then they say they are the descendants of the medes without saying how they became kurds, and even already have a calendar dating to 612 bc when the medes conquered nineveh, thats why. Its the kurds fault, they look stupid because they are acting stupid. Also when we say they dont have enough proof they call us stupid lol. There are even some kurds that claim they are mesopotamians LOL
Medes are not Mesopotamian. So let them claim Median descent. They are an Iranic people anyway. Who cares really.

Yes, Kurds who claim to be ancient Mesopotamians (such as Sumerians) are the ones who need to be educated. But many don't and they usually consider themselves Iranian peoples and more affiliated with Persians, Medians and whatnot.

Nemrud said:

and why does that bother you ? For you human history starts at 612 BC , but prior to 612  and after 612 by thousands of year people were invading and getting invaded in this god forsaken land . No one can tell for sure who is who nor there is any real genetic test for that despite what might you have heard . For all I know ,  your first ancestor could be a turk or arab or greek , persian or even kurd .

Do you honestly think by claiming you are assyrian that this give you some sort of rights or ownership over lands that has been sold, bought , taken , invaded , re invaded , sold and bought  thousands of time more  ? Do you honestly think that turks will give an inch of land back to you or to the Armenian ? may be you think iran will give you some of your assyrian land lol or Syrian or Iraq .

Your problem is not the kurds as you might think , it is a lot bigger than what you think . Do not mind Ezidi kurd , he is more delusional than most people and does not represent kurds or kurdish views .

nejepnerast said:
and why does that bother you ? For you human history starts at 612 BC , but prior to 612  and after 612 by thousands of year people were invading and getting invaded in this god forsaken land . No one can tell for sure who is who nor there is any real genetic test for that despite what might you have heard . For all I know ,  your first ancestor could be a turk or arab or greek , persian or even kurd .

Do you honestly think by claiming you are assyrian that this give you some sort of rights or ownership over lands that has been sold, bought , taken , invaded , re invaded , sold and bought  thousands of time more  ? Do you honestly think that turks will give an inch of land back to you or to the Armenian ? may be you think iran will give you some of your assyrian land lol or Syrian or Iraq .

Your problem is not the kurds as you might think , it is a lot bigger than what you think . Do not mind Ezidi kurd , he is more delusional than most people and does not represent kurds or kurdish views .

I say hes right because i feel sorry for him, hes right that you might be descendants of the Medes because you are northwestern iranians, like the Medes, but he doesnt explain how Medes became kurd, he also say all northwestern iranians are descendants of the Medes, it can be true, however There are no evidence for that. As l learn all Mesopotamians are our descendants including the Sumerians, but we are really assyrians, connected to assyria.

Just curious, do you see yazidis as Kurds? If so, what do you think of ezidi Kurds views of your history? Saying you are The descendants of Sumerians, Mitanni,Kassites,etc, the Median homeland is in Iran, not Northern Mesopotamia.

nejepnerast said:

"Do you honestly think by claiming you are assyrian that this give you some sort of rights or ownership"
Yes it does, it's called Indigenous rights. Secondly, we don't "claim" being Assyrian as we've already proved it through DNA testing.

"Do you honestly think that turks will give an inch of land back to you or to the Armenian ? may be you think iran will give you some of your assyrian land lol or Syrian or Iraq ."
No we don't think that Turks will but they give to you either and you can thank (Sunni) Islam for that.

Iran may not give us our land back but at least Iran recognizes us as a historical ethnic minority considering that Assyrian history in Persia starts all the way back to the first Persian empire...

Syria and Iraq are artificial states drawn up by long gone empires, I think you and me both can agree British scrwed everybody just to keep their promise to the French.

"Your problem is not the kurds as you might think"
You're right, problem isn't with Kurds alone, it's Kurds with Middle Eastern mentality.

so going back to your question: "Do you honestly think that turks will give an inch of land back to you or to the Armenian ? may be you think iran will give you some of your assyrian land lol or Syrian or Iraq ."

Imagine all four countries gave both Assyrians and Kurds land reservations and autonomy like the USA does for Native Americans. The only country that has this is Iraq and that's because the USA had to forcefully establish the Kurdish region.

I will say it time and time again, this is because of (Sunni) Islam. (Sunni) Islam's system of morals and ethics that it teaches has allowed this kind of primitive environment to sprout across the Middle East, North Africa, and Southern Asia.

If it wasn't for (Sunni) Islam, the Middle East would've likely been slightly more advanced than Europe at this time.
Me and you wouldn't be having this conversation because we'd probably be talking about our national teams going head to head in olympics or video games and crap lol. But you see my point here?

mrzurnaci said:
Yes it does, it's called Indigenous rights. Secondly, we don't "claim" being Assyrian as we've already proved it through DNA testing.

show me ONE just ONE group of people in iraq that does not claim to be indigenous , the problem is that everyone think they are special and some actually believe it .

DNA proves nothing and the net is so wide spread that it makes it meaningless because the net  includes too many nations .

mrzurnaci said:
Iran may not give us our land back but at least Iran recognizes us as a historical ethnic minority considering that Assyrian history in Persia starts all the way back to the first Persian empire...

So what , iran recognize the kurds too , the Armenian too , the Azaris the baloch the persian ....meaning what ? they can take their recognition and shove it . Iraq recognize Assyrian too and you see how much help and protection you are getting .

mrzurnaci said:
Syria and Iraq are artificial states drawn up by long gone empires, I think you and me both can agree British scrwed everybody just to keep their promise to the French.

The english did what was good for them like everyone else and there is nothing anyone can do about it . The notion of human rights , justice exist only on paper and applied only when it serves them .

mrzurnaci said:
You're right, problem isn't with Kurds alone, it's Kurds with Middle Eastern mentality.

You honestly believe that your mentality is better than kurd's mentality . Frankly I see no different between you personally and any nationalist kurd .

mrzurnaci said:
Imagine all four countries gave both Assyrians and Kurds land reservations and autonomy like the USA does for Native Americans. The only country that has this is Iraq and that's because the USA had to forcefully establish the Kurdish region.

I imagined i won the lottery too ! so ? Enough with hopeful thinking which is going around too much here . There is a reality that most people including kurds and assyrian JUST refuses to recognize and that is why we are all in total disarray . In the case of kurds , they fought for it for the last 70-80 years , so they could be given some peanut rights which in my view is not accomplishment at all .

mrzurnaci said:
I will say it time and time again, this is because of (Sunni) Islam. (Sunni) Islam's system of morals and ethics that it teaches has allowed this kind of primitive environment to sprout across the Middle East, North Africa, and Southern Asia.

But you are primitive too and given a chance you will do as bad or even more than what sunnis are doing . You simply do not have the chance , so you take the higher moral ground and claim victimization just like what kurds are doing .

mrzurnaci said:
If it wasn't for (Sunni) Islam, the Middle East would've likely been slightly more advanced than Europe at this time.
Me and you wouldn't be having this conversation because we'd probably be talking about our national teams going head to head in olympics or video games and crap lol. But you see my point here?

I do not think so and we are getting into hypotheticals now . If islam did not exist the vacuum would have been occupied probably by some other fucked up religion  . My point is our problem as human being in general is THE delusionthat we are special because of a religion or race . The moment you remove these two we will act in a civilized way and the west is the prime example of that .

The funny thing is that kurds already have a country, IRAN, as for ezidi kurds sayings, you are northwestern iranians and the other are south iranians, thats why you want a country. A country for the northwestern iranians, IN ASSYRIA, when it should be in iran, l hope you never get a country, and the truth is, you never will.

Back