Arabic Grammar....Who wants to help me learn? :)

xnicksomox

Maybe someone here can be kind enough to translate this for me. I have used Sureth all my life and no Arabic, but Arabic is actually important too. I would like to learn the grammar, and I used Spanish grammar for all the information I asked for. (for the verbs section it's present, preterit, imperfect, and future) I don't know if Arabic is the same way but you could just tell me. I included [m] and [f] for the first couple but it got really tiring, so if there's a differentiation between male and female please include it.

Btw I know this is a lot and it could probably take a long time for someone to write it, but trust me it'll help a lot and it would just be awesome if someone could take the time to do it for me.

*  Anything that has a [m] and [f] version that I didn?t write please include it *

VERBS
I go [m], I go [f]
You go [m], You go [f]
He goes
She goes
We go
They go

I went
You went
He went
She went
We went
They went

I was going
You were going
He was going
She was going
We were going
They were going

I will go
You will go
He will go
She will go
We will go
They will go

COMMANDS
Go (clean your room)

POSSESIVE ADJECTIVES
My (book)
Your (book)
His (book)
Her (book)
Its (book)

Our (book)
Your (book)
Their (book)
Whose (book)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Nick, I can help you with this, but couple of questions.

-Which version of Arabic do you want? Iraqi slang or professional written version?
-Also, it would be easier for me to write them in Arabic for you, or do you want everything in English?

It will take me some time to do it for you.

ASHOOR

Thank you very much ASHOOR. Well by Iraqi slang do you mean like serious street talk or do people actually use this a lot? I don't really like the "Qay fa7aluky" book kind of Arabic, but I don't want like gangster type slang haha

And it would be much easier for me in English. I learned the Arabic alphabet but it confuses me WAYYY too much. Especially because of how there are sometimes 3 letters that sound the same to me (born and raised in America). It's ok you can take as much time as you need. Thank you so much again.

Nick, haven't forgotten about this yet, just haven't found enough time to be able to sit down and do it all at once. I am hoping this weekend.

ASHOOR

Let us do the first part:

VERBS
I go [m], I go [f] = Athhab (for both)
You go [m], You go [f] = Tathhab (for both)
He goes = Yathhab
She goes = Tathbah
We go = Nathbah
They go = Yathhaboun

I went = Thahabtou
You went = Thahabta
He went = Thahaba
She went = Thahabat
We went = Thahabna
They went = Thahabou

I was going = Kunt Thaheb
You were going = Kunta Thaheban
He was going = Kana Thaheban
She was going = Kanat Thaheba
We were going = Kuna Thahebeen
They were going = Kanou Thaheben

I will go = Sa Athhab
You will go = Sa Tathhab
He will go = Sa Yathhab
She will go = Sa Tathhab
We will go = Sa Nathhab
They will go = Sa Yathhaboun

to continue the rest later....

ASHOOR

haha its ok ASHOOR I understand it takes some time.
I will try to study the 1st part while you continue the rest :)
It looks kinda hard to memorize though :/

Why don't you wanna learn the fus7a, Nick? You will be able to communicate with many more people by knowing the fus7a dialect. It also makes more sense and it's the version you read and write with  :)

Good question 7ayrutha. It's because I'm only going to be using Arabic with people in San Diego (more specifically mostly Chaldeans). So all of them speak Iraqi Arabic. Fus7a is more for Americans when they want to learn. Plus when I learn Iraqi Arabic it won't be too hard to learn Syrian slang or Lebanese slang after a while.

xnicksomox said:
Good question 7ayrutha. It's because I'm only going to be using Arabic with people in San Diego (more specifically mostly Chaldeans). So all of them speak Iraqi Arabic. Fus7a is more for Americans when they want to learn. Plus when I learn Iraqi Arabic it won't be too hard to learn Syrian slang or Lebanese slang after a while.

I understand :)

No fus7a is not for "Americans and newbies only." It's the "proffessional" if you may.

Hmmm... Iraqi slang is kinda of it's own. Far from Lebanese especially.

Yeah but like the more educated I get in Iraqi Arabic the easier it'll be to learn others faster. Fus7a is just kinda embarrassing. In my opinion it's for white ppl trying to learn. I mean if you talk fus7a to an Iraqi person and I am Chaldean it'll just be weird.

Yeah but like the more educated I get in Iraqi Arabic the easier it'll be to learn others faster.

hmm.. not really actually. I mean of course the other dialects will get easier but the fus7a will make you learn other Arabic dialects faster. The fus7a is also closer to Sureth imo. The Levantine Arabic dialects such as Syrian, Palestinian, Lebanese and Jordanian kinda differs more from Gulf Arabic dialects than you think. However, i understand you if what you're trying to achieve is to be able to talk Arabic with other Iraqis and Assyrians who speak Iraqi.... not just Arabs in general :)

ammm nick...i donno know, have u tried listening to iraqi songs!  :shades:  :mrgreen:    :blush2:

ehem...dont laugh!!!  (ive got bad taste! but these are the vids where u can listen to how iraqi ppl sing!)
حاتم العراقي & قصي - راجعين (جوده عاليه جداً)

قصي حاتم العراقي - موال دكتور + لو بيدي (جوده عاليه)

and this is an arbic keyboard! ---->        http://home.arcor.de/ckislam/ara/     

i dont know how much u know in arabic!  (but maybe if u listen to these, orrr.....something like that! u might learn!)  :blush2:

p.s: they r not my favorite (i dont lisen to these) but here is a more "hectic" song!  i listen to this one!---->  نصر البحار شسويلة من إنتاج شركة تقارب

:blush2:

Lol Shekwanta you might not believe this but I listen to Arabic music all the time, ill give u a list of singers i like, but sometimes I understand but sometimes I don't.

Tamer Hosny (easy to understand a lot)
Ehab Tawfiq
Nancy Ajram (easy to understand a lot)
Elissa (easy to understand a lot)
Fares Karam
Amr Diab
Hussam al-Rassam (i don't really like his voice) lol but I love the Iraqeen song :D

xnicksomox said:
Lol Shekwanta you might not believe this but I listen to Arabic music all the time, ill give u a list of singers i like, but sometimes I understand but sometimes I don't.

Tamer Hosny (easy to understand a lot)
Ehab Tawfiq
Nancy Ajram (easy to understand a lot)
Elissa (easy to understand a lot)
Fares Karam
Amr Diab
Hussam al-Rassam (i don't really like his voice) lol but I love the Iraqeen song :D
oh u do!!    well..see!!..thats great!  a little bit of this, a little bit of that..and u'll learn quickly! trust me  (just try to practice more.... talk alot..) :) ;)

p.s u have a great taste in singers! ;)  they're all AWESOOOME! and ur right (hussam al rassam) am not a big fan of him either!...but sometimes am forced to listen to him (by my sister lol ;) ) but i dont like him that much!..fares karam is GREAT! ehab tawfeeq is GREAT! nancyyyy.........

have u heard of melhem zayn!!?...he is AMAZING! i love him..here is the newest song he sang (he sang it in iraqi accent btw.!!) ;)

am crazyyyyyy about this song! :D

ملحم زين - كبد بد - شمه شمة 2011 باللهجه العراقيه

Shekwanta I like his voice, but I don't like this style of music :/
It reminds me of Saudi Arabia and Khaleej Arabic songs hahahaha

Have you ever heard of Sawsan Najar? Also her name on youtube could be Sawsan Al Najar or Sawsan Kizy. She has a very nice voice (reminds me of a young Juliana Jendo) and she sings Arabic with a better accent. She also has some songs in Sureth too! I love her I think she's Chaldean, but idk what village.

sawsan najar, mometewan, موميتيون , سوسن نجار

سوسن نجار كل الهلا بالغالي Sawsan Najar Kol Alhla Bl3'ali

سوسن نجار حبيبي أسمر جكليتة Sawsan Najar 7bebe 2smar Chokletah

Mosuliyat Sawsan Najar أغاني تراثية موصلية سوسن نجار .wmv

sawsan najar la la سوسن نجار (كيزي ) لا لا

Tell me what you think of her lol

xnicksomox said:
Shekwanta I like his voice, but I don't like this style of music :/
It reminds me of Saudi Arabia and Khaleej Arabic songs hahahaha

Have you ever heard of Sawsan Najar? Also her name on youtube could be Sawsan Al Najar or Sawsan Kizy. She has a very nice voice (reminds me of a young Juliana Jendo) and she sings Arabic with a better accent. She also has some songs in Sureth too! I love her I think she's Chaldean, but idk what village.

sawsan najar, mometewan, موميتيون , سوسن نجار

سوسن نجار كل الهلا بالغالي Sawsan Najar Kol Alhla Bl3'ali

سوسن نجار حبيبي أسمر جكليتة Sawsan Najar 7bebe 2smar Chokletah

Mosuliyat Sawsan Najar أغاني تراثية موصلية سوسن نجار .wmv

sawsan najar la la سوسن نجار (كيزي ) لا لا

Tell me what you think of her lol
LOLLL nick    i looooove khaleeji songs! :D

yup! ive heard about her! but never listened to her!.. althought she has a GREAT voice (btw.) .........but i dont like assyrians singing arabic!        there was this song of linda george "everybodyyyyyyy" was excited for it to come out!, and it came and everyone was crazy about it...so i opened it to hear it, the first minute and i turned it OFF! cause it was arabic! :/    even if it was good..i wouldnt know! cause i didnt listen to it!
here it is!..
Linda George Arabic Song ( Halla Halla ) Video - High Quality

Lol yeah i know Shekwanta. I heard the Arabic Chobia before I know she was Suretha though hahaha.

That Linda George song: The music is good, the video is good, the lyrics are not bad, but her singing Arabic Ewwwwwwww lol

xnicksomox said:
Lol yeah i know Shekwanta. I heard the Arabic Chobia before I know she was Suretha though hahaha.

That Linda George song: The music is good, the video is good, the lyrics are not bad, but her singing Arabic Ewwwwwwww lol
so right!.....i said the same!--> its EWWWWWW ;) :D  hehe

Back