2009 Convention AVN Get Together Thread

rumrum

This is a thread to start the conversation about the 2009 Convention AVN Gathering.

My suggestion is either Friday or Saturday night...depending on when everyone gets there.  Usually everyone is there and checked in by Friday night so that may be the best time, but it also could be too early for some locals who might work Friday and be there later.

Saturday is a good time too, so I'm more for this option.  Maybe during the day/afternoon, before the party.  There are some restaurants very close to the convention center also some bars a 5 min cab ride away.

I don't like Sunday because its usually too late in Convention time and chances are we will have already seen each other at the party(ies) on Saturday.

What do you all think?

My vote is Saturday afternoon, before party.  3pm-6pm?

***UPDATE*** 08/31/2009

Looks like Friday night is looking good for a quick AVN gathering.

Friday September 4, 2009.  7PM.

OPTION 1:  Muvico

AB,  there is a Muvico very close, walking distance to the hotel... for those of you that don't know what Muvico is, its a hyped-up theatre where you can eat and drink (bar) etc.   Here's the link:  https://www.muvico.com/default.asp?t=210

OPTION 2: Downtown Chicago

Meet together and take the train or other transportation to downtown Chicago to go to some bars/lounges.  Everyone must be 21+ and we will probably not make it back for the Friday night party.  Dressier attire may be required but Friday is more casual night then rest of weekend.

Sham, I'll probably stop by Thursday as well so let me know if you need some pointers or what not... we can start the party before everyone lol  Who else will be there Thursday?

Following are marked as attend, please post your name as a separate thread to include:

SHAMI(+1)
ANITA
RUMRUM (+1)
MARY
MARIA (+4)
DALIDA
BARWARNETA
JACOB (+2)
JONES (+2)
DUDU
Robin & Carro

TENTATIVE:

WALEETA
BOOQTA
SHUSHU

I think Saturday or Friday.. but Friday then everyone can meet before the 3 big parties. you dont have a gathering on saturday, and only have sunday to hangout..

lll be there Friday.

rum rum
i have no clue whats in that area. Can you suggest some nice places so we can all agree on a location. I'm local so i'll meet you guys at whatever place you guys decide you're doing it at.

I'm going by car from Toronto to Chicago. Dalida are you sure you are going now? How cool, maybe I get to meet you before heading to Chicago. Awesome guys!
:clap: :clap:

DuDu said:
I'm going by car from Toronto to Chicago. Dalida are you sure you are going now? How cool, maybe I get to meet you before heading to Chicago. Awesome guys!
:clap: :clap:

Well I was speaking to one of my friends last night and she said her and 3 of her cousins are driving there thursday night. At first they weren't going and now they are so I'm about 80% sure I'm going now but things could change.

Even if I don't go to the convention I will give you my info so you could contact me when you're in Toronto.

waleeta said:
Oooh, fun!

does that mean ur coming, cause a little brid told me ur not!

im not coming on thursday cause i have work on firday morning but will be there friday after work and through the weekend.

so im down to what ever i cant wait  :mrgreen:

i live 5 to 8 mins from there so as AB said if rum rum knows of place's so we can all meet there that would be kool.

Thanks for making this Rum.

The first post should be updated with every new addition.

ASHOOR

Barwarneta said:
The question is Are U Coming Boss??????????????

Man, how do I answer this question, or where to begin?

This being ABN's 10th anniversary, and being in Chicago where a lot of AVNers would make, I was really hoping I could go. And I still do. But lately I have been having my doubts for many reasons. We shall see. The gathering better continue with or without me, it is not like I am the fun person that everyone waits for anyway! haha

ASHOOR

Barwarneta said:
The question is Are U Coming Boss??????????????

He will be there with bells on  :giggle:

I think a get together is a great idea, i will be in Chicago during convention but i will not be attending the convention.
If there is a get together with all of you there than i will definitely make the effort to come and meet you all  :)

ASHOOR said:
Man, how do I answer this question, or where to begin?

This being ABN's 10th anniversary, and being in Chicago where a lot of AVNers would make, I was really hoping I could go. And I still do. But lately I have been having my doubts for many reasons. We shall see. The gathering better continue with or without me, it is not like I am the fun person that everyone waits for anyway! haha

ASHOOR
haaa mshorelokh?  :beee:

Tashi

Ashoor you have to come!!! I am coming all the way from the UK, you cant miss out on that hahaha

Why dont you come down for the day like Anita said :)

Tashi said:
haaa mshorelokh?  :beee:

Tashi

de tell him ,

Ash come with ur brother he never misses a convention.

and plus sham is coming all the way from UK and ur not gonna come, tsk tsk tsk

Dalida, yes indeed I will contact you. Are you free on Friday 21/august evening, or saturday! :clap: so we could plan something! Otherwise I willcall u !

:) 

DuDu said:
Dalida, yes indeed I will contact you. Are you free on Friday 21/august evening, or saturday! :clap: so we could plan something! Otherwise I willcall u !

:) 

Most likely I will be free the friday. Call me and we will plan something for sure.

let me know what you guys are gonna do..ill be in chicago but not 100% sure if i'll be going to the the convention..keep me posted on the gathering thoughh i would <3 to meet everyone

Back