Author Topic: Hundreds of Kurds Converting to Christianity in Kurdistan  (Read 1540 times)

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Hundreds of Kurds Converting to Christianity in Kurdistan
« on: November 21, 2005, 01:38:14 PM »
Two years ago, after the war in Iraq was over, there was talk of "YS Evangelists going to Iraq to spread the message of Christianity and if possible, introduce the locals to Christ..."

Some AVNers were skeptics, and others expressed anger at the idea of "forcing Christianity upon others..."

I  myself was thrilled to see this influx of Evangelists to the area. I did however have my reservation when it came to forcing our religion on them, because that is not how Christianity works. But overall, I was happy to see someone caring about spreading the message of Christ in the middle east, and in this case Iraq.

Of course, I was concerned about the safety of the local Christians there, because Muslims would direct their backlash against them, as a possible revenge for seeing Christian preachers in their country. Thanks God, this hasn't been that big of an issue so far, but my information is not that big.

Now, 2 years later, I am hearing some amazing things about what these preachers have done. In Kurdistan, where many of them are concentrated, they have convereted hundreds and hundreds of Kurds, if not in the thousands. In fact, in Suliymania, the second biggest city in Kurdistan, 4 new churches have been built, all under the direction and finance of Masoud Barzani, the president of the region of Kurdistan in Iraq.

There is even talk and rumors that Mr.Barzani wants to convert to Christianity; his grand father was Assyrian Christian.

These are great and exciting news. The fact that people, as hot-headed as Kurds, are willing to change their way of thinking and beleif, is something we should all be happy for. If these Evangelists (GOD BLESS THEM) continnue their work for years and decades, you could see an entire shift of population and demographics in the area.

By the way, these Evangelists whom a lot of people dislike, are led by Billy Graham and his son, have been doing this for close to a century, in every place you can think of, as far as China, Pakistan and even Iran.

I even heard of Arab Iraqis in the middle and the south converting but they are keeping it a secret for now; Arabs are not as open-minded sometimes as Kurds are.

ASHOOR

-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline ByzantineSnoopy

Hundreds of Kurds Converting to Christianity in Kurdistan
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 03:25:53 PM »
Yes but most people do not understand that these "missionaries" are no t trying to convert them to Christianity as known by the Apostolic Churches, but to their mutilated heretical Protestant-Evangelical verson of "Christianity".

The Evangelical religion is the religious arm of a political faction that receives large amounts of money in order to convert third-world people to the American religion so that we all become the servants of the New World Order's apparatus in exchange of a promised prosperity (notice the Jewish concept of prosperity here).

Moreover, these sects are converting people who are already Christians (Assyrians, Kurd-Roman-Catholics, Chaldean-Catholics) to their sect!

Muslim fanatics create wars, heretic Protestant fanatics create moe wars.

Why are people so unable to understand this?

abdel rahman faces death for converting to christianity..

Started by manuel50Board Culture & History

Replies: 12
Views: 2196
Last post March 28, 2006, 09:08:47 PM
by manuel50
Job oppurtunities for Assyrians & Kurds in Iraqi Kurdistan

Started by assyria12Board News & Current Events

Replies: 51
Views: 4212
Last post October 21, 2010, 01:58:04 PM
by assyria12
Truth Behind Rap - The Devil's Tool Against Christianity