General & Fun > Chit Chat

Tell us about a Google search that changed your life?

(1/1)

ASHOOR:
Do you have a story about a simple google search that ended up changing your life? It could be related to anything. For example, you may have searched for Assyrians, ended up here and years later, you are not only active in Assyrianism, but have even gone as far as visiting back home.

Or how about a simple search for a job or job related site, and next thing you know you found a job and years later, you are not only in that job but have advanced your careeer and making good money out of it?

Or it could even be finance related. You might have started your search with a simple question about saving or investing. Then one page after the other, next thing you know, years later, you have turned your life upside down and are not wealthy from all things you learnt from that one simple search on google.

I remember years ago, we had a co-worker who had recently migrated to Canada from Lebanon. She was married for 10 years but had no kids. She had tried everything she could. But she had almost no idea about all the fertility treatments out there. From a simple search, she ended up learning about these options, visiting a doctor and next thing you know , she was pregnant after just a few months from doing that search on google.

Another personal anecdote was a search I did about 5 years ago. I don

mrzurnaci:
changed my life? When I looked up Python tutorials, then I spiraled into C and C++ programming.
Went even further when I looked into making programming languages, compiler theory, interpreters, etc.
Now I'm making compilers and virtual machines, never looked back since!

SonOfAssyria:

--- Quote from: mrzurnaci on March 16, 2018, 10:57:02 PM ---changed my life? When I looked up Python tutorials, then I spiraled into C and C++ programming.
Went even further when I looked into making programming languages, compiler theory, interpreters, etc.
Now I'm making compilers and virtual machines, never looked back since!

--- End quote ---

Im an aspiring programmer myself! I first discovered programming when I was 8 and made a google search for games and I came across this website called Scratch (scratch.mit.edu) which allows it's users to create games, animations and all sorts of things using its simple, graphically represented programming language. This one Google search definitely changed my life and gave me an idea of what I want to do in the future, without this Google search I think I'd be a completely different person, I don't think I'd be planning to study Computer Science/Engineering at university if it wasn't for this one Google Search.

Cascade:
^Two programmers. Khenyekh bala! Lol.

Anyway, good question! A number of Google searches have changed my situation or how I think of things. But I can't really pinpoint to one of them. I have to get back to this one. Google Maps have found me nice places to visit in Sydney. Do they count as well?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version

Assyrian Voice