General & Fun > Chit Chat

My YouTube video that is approaching 1 million views, but with one downside!

(1/1)

ASHOOR:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UGSpJl4bQEo

I don't know if I have posted about this video before. It is not even an Assyrian video. It is a video I took of an amazing Michael Jackson impersonator in Las Vegas in July 2014.

In November of 2015, I decided to upload this video to YouTube, not thinking it would get much attention.

Well, about 2 years later, this video has been watched some 750K times and will hit the 1 million views in 2 months or so.

Not only that, but it has 6,000 likes!

But here is the bad part: because of a copyright claim by Sony to the MJ song playing in the background, I can't make any money from it! Akh! I did some research and found that if they allowed me to monetize this video, I would get a monthly check from YouTube (Google) of $200-250 a month. Not a huge amount but pretty decent from just one video.

To put this into prospective, my AssyrianVoice YouTube channel, Singh launched 10.5 years ago, and has over 50 videos, has combined lifetime views that is barely at same number as this MJ impersonation video.

Cascade:
250$ is good in a month still. ;)

Can you link your channel's account?

Nemrud:

--- Quote from: ASHOOR on March 03, 2018, 06:42:09 PM ---https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UGSpJl4bQEo

I don't know if I have posted about this video before. It is not even an Assyrian video. It is a video I took of an amazing Michael Jackson impersonator in Las Vegas in July 2014.

In November of 2015, I decided to upload this video to YouTube, not thinking it would get much attention.

Well, about 2 years later, this video has been watched some 750K times and will hit the 1 million views in 2 months or so.

Not only that, but it has 6,000 likes!

But here is the bad part: because of a copyright claim by Sony to the MJ song playing in the background, I can't make any money from it! Akh! I did some research and found that if they allowed me to monetize this video, I would get a monthly check from YouTube (Google) of $200-250 a month. Not a huge amount but pretty decent from just one video.

To put this into prospective, my AssyrianVoice YouTube channel, Singh launched 10.5 years ago, and has over 50 videos, has combined lifetime views that is barely at same number as this MJ impersonation video.

--- End quote ---

I like Michael Jackson myself, check out Jeffrey perez, he can sing and dance like him, amazing impersonator.

atourina:
Damn that sucks!! Can't you edit out the background song? Put some Assyrian music instead :giggle:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version

Assyrian Voice