Author Topic: Nineveh plains and its future  (Read 860 times)

Offline Nemrud

Nineveh plains and its future
« on: December 27, 2017, 09:07:49 PM »
What do you guys think about the future of the nineveh plains? Do you think its possible to get mosul into the nineveh plains? Because i have a dream that east mosul becomes our capital, then we get back our precious nineveh hehehe. What l have read so far, i think it goes pretty well for us, l mean the npu is controlling nineveh plains pretty well.

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
Re: Nineveh plains and its future
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 09:03:21 AM »
future looks good for now. A good question I'd like to ask is why not rebuild Nineveh on the Nineveh Plains?

Nineveh was destroyed since the end of our empire well over 2600 years ago and was symbolically replaced with Mosul in the 600s AD.

The better idea, at least in the future, would be to rebuild Nineveh at least within the plains as our regional capital.

We can call it new Nineveh or Nineveh 2, doesn't mean we'd ever forget old Nineveh but at least we carry its name on.

Offline Nemrud

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 07:17:40 AM »
future looks good for now. A good question I'd like to ask is why not rebuild Nineveh on the Nineveh Plains?

Nineveh was destroyed since the end of our empire well over 2600 years ago and was symbolically replaced with Mosul in the 600s AD.

The better idea, at least in the future, would be to rebuild Nineveh at least within the plains as our regional capital.

We can call it new Nineveh or Nineveh 2, doesn't mean we'd ever forget old Nineveh but at least we carry its name on.

Wait, isnt ancient nineveh in east mosul, if so then it wont be possible to rebuild it. Why not call it just nineveh? rome is still called rome for example......

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 07:17:40 AM »

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 10:58:12 AM »
Wait, isnt ancient nineveh in east mosul, if so then it wont be possible to rebuild it. Why not call it just nineveh? rome is still called rome for example......

Rome was never replaced with a larger city though. I didn't say rebuild ancient Nineveh, I said build a new Nineveh somewhere else but on the nineveh Plains.

Offline Nemrud

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 11:13:42 AM »
Rome was never replaced with a larger city though. I didn't say rebuild ancient Nineveh, I said build a new Nineveh somewhere else but on the nineveh Plains.

That could work, or even better, why not get mosul? or east mosul atleast, then we got our real nineveh:D

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 05:08:14 PM »
That could work, or even better, why not get mosul? or east mosul atleast, then we got our real nineveh:D

We can but remember the fact that the world community will take Baghdad side over others.
Kurds virtually had complete control of Kirkuk until the Iraqi army + PMU aimed their guns at them.
Until we have a legitimate opportunity to have Eastern Mosul, it's easier and less costly to create a new Nineveh. new Nineveh probably wouldn't even be a city either, it'll likely be a large town like Bakhdeda unless alot of Assyrians come back to Iraq, then we're going to need cities to hold that much population.

The most realistic choice would be to grow our existing towns first, we don't have have any city that's exclusively Assyrian.
if you look at -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settlement_hierarchy#Example_of_a_settlement_hierarchy

Alqosh, Bakhdeda, Karamlesh, Bartella, they're all town sized.

Offline Nemrud

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 12:46:18 PM »
According to the bible we will get our assyria back, and l do believe we will get nineveh back. If not today, in the future.

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 01:05:05 PM »
According to the bible we will get our assyria back, and l do believe we will get nineveh back. If not today, in the future.
yes and look at the wording, "we will get our assyria back". That means only Assyrians can get Assyria back...
God will not help us because He's already given us everything we need to get things done, the only thing left is to take action and think wisely.

Thoughts and prayers will not bring Assyria back, action will.

Offline Nemrud

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 01:27:09 PM »
yes and look at the wording, "we will get our assyria back". That means only Assyrians can get Assyria back...
God will not help us because He's already given us everything we need to get things done, the only thing left is to take action and think wisely.

Thoughts and prayers will not bring Assyria back, action will.

ofcourse, we must do something to get it back and god gave as free will, which means we must fight for it.

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2017, 02:37:32 PM »
ofcourse, we must do something to get it back and god gave as free will, which means we must fight for it.

la, le gareg palshakh qa atran, massakh zownekhleh ar'an wa-owdekhleh atra deedan.
bar zownekhleh, massakh mardekhleh (defense) ar'an.

Offline Nemrud

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 06:37:48 PM »
la, le gareg palshakh qa atran, massakh zownekhleh ar'an wa-owdekhleh atra deedan.

Do you know if someone ,an assyrian party or something , even want east mosul incorporate into nineveh plains? is anyone even trying to get it? or else i dont think we ever get it..... sad but true

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 08:47:35 PM »
Do you know if someone ,an assyrian party or something , even want east mosul incorporate into nineveh plains? is anyone even trying to get it? or else i dont think we ever get it..... sad but true

sometimes you gotta cut off a finger to save the whole hand.

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 07:57:58 AM »
Deedan?
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline Nemrud

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 08:13:01 AM »
sometimes you gotta cut off a finger to save the whole hand.

what do u mean

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2018, 10:32:54 AM »

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 10:35:04 AM »
what do u mean

Sometimes you have to sacrifice a little to get what you really need/want. Basically it means compromise

Offline Nemrud

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 12:33:06 PM »
Atleast some assyrians moved back to mosul and nineveh plains, but we need more assyrians into east mosul. West mosul is totally destroyed , while they trie to rebuild it , it will take years to complete, and many millions of dollars to repair. Which it wont probably happen. Thank god that east mosul, where nineveh is, is not destroyed as much as west mosul. I am also happy to hear that 50 % assyrians moved back to nineveh plains. We also need more soldiers to protect it and the kurds is also gone from there, which is good. Now we have it.

Btw, now l understand what you mean, u want mosul to get traded, l really hope that will happen. And l hope assyrians want it as bad as l want it incorporated into nineveh plains. Atleast for now we got something, nineveh plains. But for that to happen assyrians must move back to mosul. If its traded we likely wont get any casualties, which is good.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:38:06 PM by Nemrud »

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 09:20:50 PM »
ours
I know. It's just that I've heard only one Assyrian in my life saying "deedan" as instead of the common way of saying it - "deeyan".
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline Nemrud

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2018, 03:02:18 PM »
I dont want classical syriac to be revived because noone speak it, We should make West and East assyrian official language, and we should learn both languages in assyria, also arabic and English.

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2018, 05:38:43 PM »
I dont want classical syriac to be revived because noone speak it, We should make West and East assyrian official language, and we should learn both languages in assyria, also arabic and English.

classical syriac is better though, it's the language all dialects originated from. Not to mention it'd be easier for us to understand our prayers and old books.

Offline SonOfAssyria

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2018, 12:56:47 AM »
I know. It's just that I've heard only one Assyrian in my life saying "deedan" as instead of the common way of saying it - "deeyan".

Assyrians from Ankawa, where my Mum's family is from, use "deedan" for "ours" and "deedi" for "mine".
"Their enemies had realized their national potential long before the Assyrians themselves. The enemy was not afraid of good farmers, good parents, good church-going parishioners...the enemy was afraid of Assyrians wrapped in nationhood." ~ Mount Semele, Ivan Kakovitch

The New Nineveh Plains: what will its Future Boarders Look Like!

Started by ASHOORBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 4
Views: 677
Last post January 23, 2007, 05:22:46 PM
by dlty01
Donate To Assyrian Orphanages in the Nineveh Plains....

Started by MalekthaA2RETABoard Chit Chat

Replies: 5
Views: 773
Last post March 30, 2006, 10:17:59 PM
by MalekthaA2RETA
Demonstrate for the Nineveh Plains

Started by GGBWBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 4
Views: 775
Last post November 09, 2006, 04:05:23 PM
by Assyria
IMPORTANT UPDATE!! Demonstrate for the Nineveh Plains - Washington, DC

Started by GGBWBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 25
Views: 4126
Last post December 20, 2006, 09:00:44 PM
by shamirum
Demonstrate for the Nineveh Plains - Washington, DC

Started by GGBWBoard Culture & History

Replies: 1
Views: 791
Last post November 15, 2006, 10:17:54 AM
by GGBW
Templates: 4: index (default), Ads (default), Display (default), SimTopics (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, simtopics_above, main, simtopics_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 8: index+Modifications.english (default), index+Modifications.english-utf8 (default), markItUp.english (default), markItUp.english-utf8 (default), SimTopics.english (default), SimTopics.english-utf8 (default), Ads.english (default), Ads.english-utf8 (default).
Style sheets: 0: .
Files included: 30 - 964KB. (show)
Queries used: 31.

[Show Queries]