Author Topic: Good news: major Assyrian parties meet to discuss unity between their forces  (Read 3054 times)

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Major Assyrian parties met in Arbil to discuss the possibility of uniting their various military forces under one name or umbrella, in preparation for the upcoming battle to liberal the Assyrian Nineveh Plain region.

Those in the meeting included:

-Assyrian Democratic Movement (NPU)
-Assyrian Patriotic Party (Dwekh Nowsha)
-Betnahrain Democratic Party (NPF)
-Popular Chaldean Assyrian Syriac Council

All agreed on the principle of unity and a follow up press release will be coming out soon with more details.

Definitely a great step in the right direction.

source (Arabic)

ASHOOR
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 01:32:06 PM by ASHOOR »

-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline Joe25

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
Good news indeed, I don't want to put too much hope into this for nothing but I can't help but feel excited. This is exactly what we need to be doing.

Offline Assyrian Nationalist

• hurr durr
Hope they unite.

Assyrian Voice Forum

Offline Shahin

Good news.
I remember listening to Romeo Hakkari (If I'm not mistaken) from Dawnronoye party (NPF) on SuroyoTV (in 2014 or 2015 after Nineveh plains being invaded by ISIS) blaming Zow'aa for not wanting unity...
Let's see...
All of these parties are pro-KRG, only Zow'aa is againt KRG rule on Nineveh plain...
ܚܢܢ ܟܠܢ ܣܘܪܝܝܐ ܡܢ ܐܫܘܪ
We are all Assyrians !

Offline thomator

I only recognize Romeo Hakkari from BNDP and Emanuel Khoshaba from APP in the picture. Does anyone recognize any representative from ADM or CSAPC?

Offline Bronit Omta

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
Good news.
I remember listening to Romeo Hakkari (If I'm not mistaken) from Dawnronoye party (NPF) on SuroyoTV (in 2014 or 2015 after Nineveh plains being invaded by ISIS) blaming Zow'aa for not wanting unity...
Let's see...
All of these parties are pro-KRG, only Zow'aa is againt KRG rule on Nineveh plain...

Romeo Hakkari is the secretary of Bet Nahrain Democratic Party (BNDP). Why wasn't Yonadam Kanna there?

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
good but I'm kinda tired of talk, I want action.

If they truly wanna unite, then actually unite the forces.

Offline Googoo

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
Good news, hope it all works out.

Offline Shahin

Do anyone know from which church those politicians are ?
Chaldean ? Syriac Catholic ? COE ?
ܚܢܢ ܟܠܢ ܣܘܪܝܝܐ ܡܢ ܐܫܘܪ
We are all Assyrians !

Offline ins001

What do you guys think are some of the benefits for this unification?

Offline Straw King

good but I'm kinda tired of talk, I want action.

If they truly wanna unite, then actually unite the forces.
I agree, but I'm quite optimistic about this.

Offline Googoo

• www.AssyrianVoice.net

One force -> united people -> one clear mission -> goals can be almost all achieved -> international recognition of the force -> safe haven and political power to Assyrians!

Okay, I oversimplified everything but, it's possible. :)

Offline thomator

Do anyone know from which church those politicians are ?
Chaldean ? Syriac Catholic ? COE ?

Why does it matter?

- symbolic
- military forces should be loyal to the people rather than to political parties
- we don't want different Assyrian militias aligned with different sides of a conflict
- we don't want Assyrians fighting each other in the future like the Kurds did (PUK vs KDP)
- we want a single chain of command rather than four for the safety of our people
- I think a single unified militia will make the establishment of the Nineveh plain province likelier to become a reality on the ground
- it would probably make us seem a lot more serious --> easier to receive support

these are my opinions, we should learn from the mistakes of others.

Offline Kelba

thomator, your avatar pic is making me hungry. Not fair man, I haven't had biryani in years

Offline thomator

thomator, your avatar pic is making me hungry. Not fair man, I haven't had biryani in years

hehehe... it's my favorite dish  :biggrin: :angelnot:

Offline Bronit Omta

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
Why does it matter?

- symbolic
- military forces should be loyal to the people rather than to political parties
- we don't want different Assyrian militias aligned with different sides of a conflict
- we don't want Assyrians fighting each other in the future like the Kurds did (PUK vs KDP)
- we want a single chain of command rather than four for the safety of our people
- I think a single unified militia will make the establishment of the Nineveh plain province likelier to become a reality on the ground
- it would probably make us seem a lot more serious --> easier to receive support

these are my opinions, we should learn from the mistakes of others.

Bump. Agree with everything you said.

Offline A.G

Unity is not that big deal.
What's their "Common Goal" ?

One is a part of the Jihad (in Baghdad) and kurdish (in Arbil)
The others are kurdish.

A.G
All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become. (Buddha)

Offline KingA

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
Which of those groups has the biggest amount of soliders and are well-equipped?
I hope they reach at least 10 000 together

Offline ins001

Which of those groups has the biggest amount of soliders and are well-equipped?
I hope they reach at least 10 000 together
Welcome to Assyrian Voice Forums

Offline KingA

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
Welcome to Assyrian Voice Forums

Thank you so much :), It will takes some time to get use to that forum  :pcpunch:

Offline ins001

Thank you so much :), It will takes some time to get use to that forum  :pcpunch:
I'm sure all of us here would be glad to answer any of your questions or concerns in order to help you navigate this user-friendly forum.
I hope you find it enjoyable being on this site. Have you frequented the site before and remained just a reader?

I notice that we actually have a lot of readers compared to writers.

Offline ins001

Offline Neon

• Try and fail, but never fail to try.
I wonder how these parties differ with their views...
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline Kelba

Has there been any follow-up on this?

Offline ASHUR

I bet it's just another photo op
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Offline Bronit Omta

• www.AssyrianVoice.net

A lot of readers use the negative things we say to portray all Assyrians as the same. I've seen this forum and threads linked on numerous Kurdish threads, portraying us as bad people because some of us talk crap about them here. Remember, it's not only Assyrians that read this forum.

Offline Assyrian Nationalist

• hurr durr
A lot of readers use the negative things we say to portray all Assyrians as the same. I've seen this forum and threads linked on numerous Kurdish threads, portraying us as bad people because some of us talk crap about them here. Remember, it's not only Assyrians that read this forum.

Post examples, btw you have not been on Twitter on how Kurds talk about Assyrians and they go full on terror.

Offline ins001

Oh ya and it's not just Kurds who are observing our forums but highly opinionated Arameans as well.
Take a look at this for example http://insideassyria.com/rkvsf5/wwwboard/msgs/Re_Assyrian_Voice_Forum-EKXh.html
make sure you read the other posts on that topic by clicking on hyperlinks below the post. 

Offline KingA

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
 I found this page not so long time ago, it was REALY intereseting for me,, because I could find everything about Assyrians . Then I made an account :).
There are possibily some hidden "spies" here ; let them see our message  :shades: lol

Offline Joe25

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
^Those are not serious posts, are they? They can't be, they reek of trolling. It's actually funny but I don't know how people can be so self-unaware.

Oh yeah, I fully acknowledge that I am not "pure" Aramaean and I probably have Persian Arab Greek/Italian African Assyrian possibly Indian and definitely Jewish bloodlines but I personally identify as "Aramaean" because that's the identity that makes sense to me.

After all identity is how you define yourself based on your life context. 

lol that's the argument of a 4th grader. Yeah lets just list all these different background and pick which one you'd like to adopt based on how it makes sense to you and is your preference. Lets ignore all the historical evidence and the fact that your family's bloodline shows you what you are.

If we were all this ignorant we'd have completely surrendered our herritage to the certain plagiarising Kurds who are trying to claim us.

Offline Kelba

You have to remember, there are a lot of trolls with too much time on their hands as well. The sad part is I have seen Chaldeans troll Assyrians a lot in these ways even though we are the same people

Offline Etain

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
Ugh.
So much unnecessary conflict.

Offline ins001

^Those are not serious posts, are they? They can't be, they reek of trolling. It's actually funny but I don't know how people can be so self-unaware.

lol that's the argument of a 4th grader. Yeah lets just list all these different background and pick which one you'd like to adopt based on how it makes sense to you and is your preference. Lets ignore all the historical evidence and the fact that your family's bloodline shows you what you are.

If we were all this ignorant we'd have completely surrendered our herritage to the certain plagiarising Kurds who are trying to claim us.

Did you see his other posts? He starts to bash on the people who frequent this site and says we are all misogynistic and xenophobic, homophobic and xyzphobic.

Offline AshurayaPlasha

• Iraqi Assyria
    • NPDF
According to ADM member Yaco Yacob, the NPU already has an established, and official recognition/assistance from Baghdad, with hundreds of active + hundreds in training, including thousands enlisted, with its own military camp and unlimitation on when it can train its own guys and so-fourth... - The NPF and Dwekh nawsha are completely irrelivent militias, and they are around 40 guys with no training or recognition whatsoever, adding them to this so-called "unity" would be completely redundant and a liability.
https://ninevehplaindefensefund.org/support-now/ - Support the Assyrian NPU

Even after the fall of Nineveh (612BC) The Assyrians lived under their own law, they had their own autonomy under the different names such as Athura, Adiabene and Asuristan. It lasted till the 7th century AD.

Sennacherib II(2), was an Assyrian Governor or 'king' of northern Asuristan in 372 AD.

Good News: Assyrian team kicked out from a tournament for not being what?

Started by ASHOORBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 4
Views: 614
Last post May 29, 2012, 08:08:30 AM
by Rumtaya
Good news: the anti-Assyrian priest is soon to be excommunicated!

Started by ASHOORBoard Religion and Spirituality

Replies: 19
Views: 978
Last post July 24, 2016, 10:51:06 AM
by mrzurnaci
Only good news on Assyrian Voice on Christmas Day

Started by ASHOORBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 2
Views: 167
Last post December 25, 2016, 12:47:00 AM
by Mr. Tambourine Man
No Bad News on Assyrian Voice Today!

Replies: 4
Views: 627
Last post December 24, 2005, 02:34:42 PM
by atourina
We Thought Assyrian New Year Parties were Expensive!

Replies: 11
Views: 1679
Last post December 29, 2005, 12:36:23 PM
by rumrum