Author Topic: Assyrian Voice Yearbook 2015  (Read 2650 times)

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Assyrian Voice Yearbook 2015
« on: December 29, 2015, 11:41:47 PM »

It is finally here! After an absence of 7 years, Assyrian Voice Yearbook is finally here! Thank you for your patience and contributions to the forums all year long. We hope you will be back next year, invite your friends and keep this as the best Assyrian community online. In 2016, our website will celebrate its 17th anniversary, which in the online world is an eternity. Few websites -Assyrian and otherwise-remain active beyond a few years, let alone 17 years and spanning 3 different decades. We couldn't do it without you and all our visitors and loyal users. So help us keep going and make 2016 our best year ever.

When you see your name, please reply back and say something about the yearbook, forums or website in general. Remember, this is for fun, so don't take things too seriously.

-shekwanta: Inactive for 1.5 years then reappeared and very strongly in April, engaging and making excellent contributions to spiritual, religious and Assyrian cultural topics. But she has been a bit quiet since. Other than that, she is polite, respectful and tries to be fair with all, at least based on what I have seen and I hope I am describing her accurately. What is in store for 2016? she will let us know in a few hours or days…

-MrZurnaci: was all over the place, making great contributions to so many different and diverse topics. He is already becoming a veteran of AVN with more than 5 years of membership under his belt. For 2016? Well, let us hope he remains as such and more, especially when it comes to developing and promoting our language online.

-AshurayaPalasha: Wish he came on more often and contributed more, but the few times he does, they are usually very positive developments. We hope he will give us more good news for the NPU in 2016!

-Parkhaneeta: What a great and busy year this was! Not only did she get married, she even moved and took residence in Canada! So far so good, as winter has been nice to her. Let us see how long that will last? I have a feeling the moment real winter and snow starts, she will ask her husband the ultimate question: “when are we moving to California?” Oh and let us not forget, she has been with us for over 8 years and hopefully for much much longer.

-Domanic: where do I start? Looked like he was everywhere anytime you looked, breaking rules, getting people riled up, making good contributions and so much in between. He gave us a bit of everything. I did notice one thing: when people attack him, he rarely attacks them back personally and that is to be admired. For 2016, just play by the rules and things will look up… We interrupt this message to announce that Domanic has suddenly gone missing and may take a few weeks before he finds his place in the forums again.

-Thomator: on and off but good contributions. We won’t blame him for not being as active as we would like him to, getting his dental degree is more important!

-Assyrian_Man: same as above, though AM was a bit more active and made some great contributions at times. When the two meet up in person, is it considered an AVN gathering?

-ins001: Ok, he as been very visible and making some very good contributions in the last few weeks (is he doing it just to get into the Yearbook? Mmmmm) but anyone think his name is a bit limiting? Sorry, it may mean something to him, but it just seems so meaningless? Maybe he will explain what it means unless it is a secret? And it is also a bonus that he is from Toronto, at least I have someone who can relate to the topics I post about local matters and issues.

-BooQta: Mmmmmm what shall I say? for beginners, BooQta is not new to the scene! She has been here since around 2007 and has always made the effort to come back. Her resume speaks for itself, though I am not sure she wants me to share it all (she is that modest!) - she has this unique quality of never attacking someone personally, no matter what someone does or says to her. Trust me, I have seen it firsthand (no I wasn’t the one attacking her!) - get to know her, better yet, hope she gets to make more public contributions online, you will really appreciate it. And if all else fails and are not getting the real picture online, you can pay some +$15,000 and you will not only meet her, she will actually go further than that. That is all I will say for now, she can elaborate herself on what I meant…oh and if you are wondering what her favorite thing is? Tim Horton’s coffee from Canada! Last but not least, if you do become friends with her, chances are you will change before she ever does. She is constant yet dynamic enough. One question: does BooQta ever wander south of the ‘Chit-Chat’ region?

-Shahin: our connection to our Assyrian past and Syriac culture. He was also very helpful when it comes to Assyrians in Syria and Turkey in general. For 2016? Well, we need his expertise and knowledge more and more. We have Assyrians in these countries too and not just in Iraq, so we have to cover all the bases

-Joe25: joined not too long ago but has already made his presence felt. Something too much! But regardless of when he came and how he made his presence felt, he has become a regular contributor with some very good content. What really puzzles me, he doesn’t even live in an English speaking country, yet his English as good as someone actually teaching it as if it was their first language! Keep it going for 2016, there is a reason people continue to flock to AVN forums, it is because of the diverse range of opinions and views, and with Joe, we continue to show that.

-Winged_Bull: he used to be a very popular member back in the day, but unfortunately went MIA in the last few years. But by sheer luck, he came to the website again, asking for help with some translation, and boom, that was enough to put him back into the yearbook. Brother, you need to do more to get a better entry next year, like you used to in the past.

-Atourina: you know what they say about wine? Well, she has been here, and loyally so, since 2005, and she is still here and going strong. Strong-opinionated but within reason and with respect. Want to get on her bad side? Go ahead, try it, you will get her wrath, but she will still give you the due respect you needed no matter how jerk you were to her. Just wish her sisters were to come back, but it is OK, she is doing a fine job without them. Here is a question I have always wondered and never bothered to ask her: does Atourina go to other sections of the forums or does she only bother with the ‘Chit Chat’ section? Like will you ever see her reply to a thread about ‘unity between ACOE and AACOE’ on the religion forum? Or whether Zowaa should drop the compound name? We will never know unless she reveals the mystery.

-Googoo: not even Assyrian but she made it. That is good enough I guess! Actually I have more. For someone to take the time and effort to join and debate with Assyrians is a lovely thing.

-Concerned Assyrian: I may be wrong, but he had literally one contribution all year long, but it was a very good one, so I give him this honorable mention. But as I have known, he is capable of much much more. Will he deliver? We shall see…

-barcyyy: he was a bit misunderstood at first, but I have come to realize he could serve two great roles: reviving the Aussie presence on the forums, which used to be very prominent at once. He may also revive the Sports/Assyriska section, I am tired of being the only one posting there. And last, he seems like a teenager to me but he is a very proud and passionate Assyrian. I don’t see him fading in 2016, if anything, he may become as active as the likes of Neon, MrZurnaci etc.

-Etain: Still not sure if it is a he or a she? Doesn’t matter really, but it does matter that he comes across as too liberal for my liking at times. Feel like….. ahh never mind, I am sure he/she can’t stand my opposition to liberalsim at times as well  all kidding aside, this is why AVN is a special place, we are not all thinking alike or believing in the same thing. We are diverse and wide ranging in thoughts and ideas. All that matter is that we respect each other. Hoping that Etain will become a bit more conservative in 2016? no, just kidding again, but I do hope he continues to challenge us with his ideas and replies. Update: I can now confirm that it is a she and for the most part, I enjoy her posts, or at least in the way she expresses herself. Hoping for a permanent status in 2016.

-Neon: overall, a very good and productive year, including a name change. Actually, it was simply his best year ever, considering that he was more of a lurker for the longest time. For those wondering, his old name was ‘Private Benjamin’ . Does Neon sound better? You be the judge. Is he best friends with Domanic or not? It seemed like it, but not lately, but it could just be disagreements over ideas. For 2016, hoping he keeps it up, but remember, you have to play by the rules!  And once you do, then 2016 will probably be your best year ever. His asset? the amazing ability to articulate and put his thoughts into words. Read his posts and you will understand what I mean. And last, does he make too much sense in certain threads or what?

-Român : can anyone argue about him deserving the award for ‘best non-Assyrian’ member? Here is a man who is not even Assyrian but still decided to join Assyrian Voice to learn Assyrian. Not only that, he actually wants to preserve the language and its survival. What more can we ask for? Let us tip our hats off to put Romanian friend!

-asuryoyo: good contributions on the History&Culture section, reviving the great western Assyrian presence and tradition on AVN.

-Neta1991: another one with good contributions to the discussions regarding the Assyrian identity and history. But for the life of me, I still don't get what he likes to refer to himself? Assyrian? Aramaean? Syriac? Suryoye? Whatever it is, please settle on one and hopefully it will be the ‘Assyrian’ one!

-Asshur: notice the theme here? The pattern continues with another western Assyrian who has a great passion for Assyrian history and culture. As long as we have his contributions and those like him, the forums will always be popular and attracting other like-minded people .

-FallenAngel: like she is used to do, she did another ‘post and run’ , never to be found again. But I still decided to include her, despite vowing now to. Why? Well, only because she posted on her birthday, so I guess this is like her gift. Try harder next time.

-Elevated: he registered towards the end of last year, but in one year, he has become a very popular name on Assyrian Voice, engaging, polarizing at times, and overall great contributions. In one year, it couldn’t have gone better overall.

-Anid: it took me till the writing of this entry to realize Anid is a girl  Anyway, she was very engaging, helpful and thought-provoking with a lot of her post. Great year and hopefully she will be another super star in 2016.What i really like about her is that she was active in most sections and not limited to one or two sections.  BTW, Is she a communist? or does she simply like Guevara as a historical figure? maybe she already told us and I never read it or she can shed some light in 2016?

-Straw King: another Aussie. Do you guys notice the pattern? back in the day, Assyrians from Australian were one of the most popular on the forums. Then there was a dry spell. 2015 was the year they came back in force and hoping for a bigger presence in 2016, maybe even a real in-person Assyrian Voice gathering? Anyway, if you haven’t read his posts, you should, another one with great contributions to the discussion of all thing Assyrian, including the current plight of our people in Iraq and Syria. And he has a thing or two to suggest about how to populate our Assyrian nation (read his grading system in the ‘Assyrian reproduction: How many children are you planning to have?’ topic)

-gurarie3: another one-poster for the whole year, but nonetheless, it was a good one. Sure it is always about quality over quantity on Assyrian Voice, but come on, we should do better than just 1 post in 365 days!

-Hanuni: see above, only difference is that in this case, Hanuni was extremely active and with some great contributions in previous years. Hoping he can find his time, place and purpose for Assyrian Voice in 2016. Maybe he just performs better on even-numbered years?           

-Mr.Odisho: I actually like the name, sounds like a gentleman Assyrian. Not much to go by, so far at least, but the few things I see make me think this is a name you will see more of in 2016 and beyond.

-Assyrian103: appreciate and like his contributions a lot, especially on Assyrian issues and news. Check them out. And please stay active in 2016, it only helps more people to stay active and engaged, and more to keep coming to the forums for news and discussions.

-esz: few posts throughout the year, but good as always. Would be nice to get more, knowing that it is always good posts that come from him.

-Q9786: has made a few interesting posts on what Assyrians in the middle east should do to protect themselves and be more united and for the most part, these were very constructive suggestions. Given the status of our nation, more contributions from him on these topics would go along way.

-toronto-girl: fairly active to start the year and then complete silence. I guess if you were to ask me, I think it is better to start the year active than to finish it active. Just make it even and that is it….

-Ashur_Dawood: nice to have an Ottawa connection! Thanks to him, I was able to find out about some Assyrian soccer players that I had never heard of.

-Kebabsås : confuses me at times, otherwise consistent posting and to the point. He won’t bother you with long posts and arguments. Just short and to the point replies. Lazy, or just effective, who cares as long as he makes his point. Actually, I don’t know if he makes his point at times, he just loses me. But it could just be me? Where is he from? I still don’t know. He is our Assyrian connection to Armenians. We have a lot of connections on Assyrian Voice to other countries and cultures and that is always great.

-AssyrianofAssyria: honorable mention to an Assyrian from Toronto. Another one with a specific expertise on Assyrian Voice: in this case, it is the various Assyrian churches, especially the ACOE and AACOE. Care to post and contribute more? After all, we have a new patriarch and people need to know more about what is going on, especially with the recent church unity talks.

-kulan-suryoye : not a bad end to the year, timely posts and good information about the current situation in Syria. Keep it up and keep it consistent.

-BrataShleeta: Nice, engaging, cute and good contributions for the most part. Oh, and did you think that her English is a bit too good for someone who lives in Spain?

-Macross: how cool is it to know that he found out about Assyrian Voice through Reddit? Maybe more random than cool, but whatever, the important thing is that he joined us. Lots of excellent contributions, be it on Assyrian DNA projects, history, and even jokes. But he hasn’t been heard from in over 2 months. Wonder if he will even read this? Please point him here.

-Crocodile Bani: the great Bani was back and of course, what else would he post about? Aussie and sports related topics. But by his standards of more than two decades online, this was a quiet year. He knows a thing or two about come-backs, so we are hopeful!

-john1121: very passionate Assyrian posts, another reason why the forums are once again becoming the voice of Assyrian passion and activism. Just wish we had more of his posts and more people like him, they are why we have more and more people coming to Assyrian Voice.

-gabrielsuryoyo : He hasn’t made too many posts so far, but from what I know, he is either trying to convince his Aramean friends that they are Assyrians, or that he is an Aramean himself but has a hidden agenda on the forums. Will find out more if he decides to post more in 2016.

-Dahlia34: great and strong start, only to be scared away by some of the replies and criticism she received. Hoping she makes a comeback, we can have our differences, over time, people learn to discuss them without attacking one another. She was simply misunderstood.

-Gate_of_Inanna: Does this name ring a bell? I am sure it does for most members here. Can we say it was one of the most controversial for 2015? A lot of people would think so. But no matter what, he was polite and civil throughout and took harsh criticism and made the most of it. Of course, some beg to differ and he had his meltdowns, but that is what happens when people dismiss any suggestion you make. Mind you, most of these suggestions seemed alien to most of us, but sometimes we have to hear from the other side and not only what we are used to hearing.

-NinefP: few contributions and almost every single one was in the Religion forum, giving his two cents about the various Assyrian churches out there and all the current changes happening. This is an important topic like I already mentioned above and wouldn’t mind more of his contributions in the subject. Thanks to his brother for dragging him to join Assyrian Voice. Barshie, I owe you one!

-TommyAU: his last contribution came in late February. So does he still deserve a mention? probbaly not, but will give him one anyway simply for having a decent start, which unfortunately faded. Will give him another chance.

-Wailiti: actually not much different from above other than being a female in this case and from Sweden instead of Australia. Decent and cute start (actually going back to late last year) but a little quiet in terms of posting in the last few months. Could she just be busy with studying, having already told us she is studying medicine? best of luck, we need more Assyrians pursuing these advanced degrees and studies.

-Johnny Michael: Keep it up, so far so good though more would be nice

-Linda: it is always nice when we get our old time AVNers coming back. In Linda’s case, her last post was on April 27, 2009. Her next post was on April 28, 2015. She almost timed it to the day: 6 years apart. Which gives us hope that those who haven’t posted in years, will eventually do. Anyway, Linda is one sweet and nice girl, we just wish she becomes as regular as she was before, though we recognize she is a decade older now so life is busier!

-Carlos: out Assyrian Voice linguistic expert. Been doing this so brilliantly for close to a decade now? He still likes to keep a low profile, but he is effective enough and as always, very helpful when someone needs help with something related to Assyrian, especially when it comes to spelling and typing. For Assyrian Voice to have a great resource like him is what makes our website attractive for so many to come back to.

-SamCA: Was nice enough to share some of his music works with us, and hope he shares more in the future. Good work by the way!

-Gwhergis : Great year with very informative and productive posts. And it doesn’t hurt that he is active in supporting some great Assyrian causes, not the least of which is the NPU.

-A.G : professional, to the point and to some, the saviour of the Assyrian nation. Some may nor agree with his stand on things, but at the end of the day and as he has always showed us on AVN, he is very dedicated to the Assyrian nation and cause.

-USNChris: another non-Assyrian who showed interest in our culture and language and for that we are very honored and humbled. Seems like we had a few of these in 2015 which is a great sign.

-Sahdina: after a long absense, she was back to post 3 times, in one specific topic and that was it. We need more, seems like you have some great knowledge in Assyrian history to contribute more on AVN.

-HoneyT: see above. Caused some controversy at times, but that is what she beleives in and that is fine. Hope the love thing is working out for you….

-Khananisho2014  : excellent contributions, majority of which were in the News&Current Events section, especially when the ISIS onslaught and invasion was at worst. But he has been MIA in a few months, hopefully he is back in 2016 as the news doesn’t stop and we always need people who understand and analyze it.

-Liisa: yes, another non-Assyrian interested in us. How cool are we? Or how cool is that I should say! This time it is a Japanese connection and that makes it more cool. We should be more helpful and nice to people like her who are interested in our language and culture. So from Assyrian Voice, thank you!

-Kosovo1368: the absolute authority on church matters on the forums. His expertise came really handy when the chaldean church issues were being brought to light and as the Assyrian Church of the East was choosing its next patriarch. Oh and did you know that he is fluent in Albanian out of all languages and a few other languages out there?

-Orthuroyo: as the name suggests, he is another great western Assyrian that Assyrian Voice is proud to have. On the downside, he only posted twice late in the year. On the up side, they were both informative posts. For 2016, if he can post even once a month, he will beat 2015.       

-ASHUR: one of our oldest (in AVN age that is) on the politics and church sections. Patriotic, loyal to his church and doesn't accept b.s from those in religious and political authority in our nation. An unsolved mystery: does he know what goes on north of where he likes to lurk the most on the forums?

-Barwerneta: there should be a new thread for her ‘my daily hotel rants’ and I guarantee that I would read it daily. Which is why she should come back to AVN and post more regularly

-J-ROK: made an appearance to tell us that he is now an Assyrian hockey coach and mentor. As if there was anyone else to do this? So folks, if you live in Canada and your son or daughter wants to learn how to skate or play hockey, remember the name!

-ditto755: late comer, having only joined us last few weeks, but not a bad start so far. He has the full year ahead of him in 2016 to do more and impress AVN further.

-Benyamino: he is famous for some of his hilarious Youtube videos that have been viewed thousands and thousands of times online. But on AVN, he is a completely different creature, focusing more on his work in Assyrian language education and publishing. This year, he was active at times, and hopefully more so in 2016. Does he have a new Youtube release in 2016? We shall wait and see. Maybe something about AVN?

-Sogwiz: one of the top and most skilled Assyrian programmers out there. This year was a special one as he came up with the  ‘Qurber’ app/website which I encourage you to check out. May we also suggest that he works on an antithesis to his app and call it ‘Rikhqee’ as Neon suggest. This would be for those who like to burn gas and like to waste more time getting there!

-kitab500: Hadn’t made a post in about 3 years but was back posting again this year and it was well worth the read, He has some great insight on Assyrian church history matters and Assyrian history in general. Would love to get more of his contributions, especially in the ‘Assyrian continuity after the fall of the empire:612 BC-1900 AD’ , I am sure he has something to add to that section. We could certainly use it.

-AssyrianHistorian : he literally came back just to be included here. But it is OK, that is not why he is included. He is included because he did make some valuable contributions earlier in the year, of course mostly Assyrian and history related.

-Kelba: don’t be fooled by the name. There is a lot more to the name that its meaning. He has been a member on AVN for over 10 years now, making him one of the oldest members. 2015 was definitely one of his best year. You name it, he was involved in a lot of the discussions, serious ones, church, national etc. Definitely looking forward to reading more from him.

-ashor4488 : my buddy from Hamilton, had a great year outside of AVN, but was nice enough to still come and visit us occasionally. Ashor, you are welcome to back anytime in 2016 and hopefully contribute more.

-Phenomenon : after being on and off , he was finally on, then off again, then on. But hey, as long as he is not off for good, we are happy. When he is ON, he has some strange, yet meaningful and funny contributions to AVN.

-Rumtaya: disappointed: only 4 posts for the entire year.

-xxSanhoxx: 1 post the whole year but it was a good one. Go ahead and search for it.

-atoraya62: good gentleman and good posts overall, and hopefully more to come in 2016.

-Chamcheeta: she made 1 post this year, her first in exactly 3 years or so. But the strange or maybe cool thing was? it was a ‘now hiring’ post. So for that, we are happy Assyrians use this website for such a great thing! Feel free to come back and post more of these jobs, maybe we can start something great

-Dalale: one post for the year, but I am actually glad she showed up at all, as she is often busier on other sections of the website and for that, we thank her. For 2016, it would be nice if we get more postings from her, in addition to her great work on the Emagazine section.

-Moneer Cherie: if you are into Assyrian music and knowing more about its history and background, Moneer’s posts are a must. This in addition to some other great contributions to other topics. Keep it up!

-Kool: one post, that is all it took for him to be included. Please try harder next year for a better entry here!

-Saksuka: 2 posts, all made about 365 days ago. Then why are we including him and breaking our promise to only include those who posted last few months? Well it is complicated and we will leave the answer at that.

-Free_Assyria : he disappointed me. I thought he would be more active, but I was wrong. But it was nice to have him back finally, even if it was briefly. I guess this is becoming a trend. Making a come-back to AVN, only to disappear again. It is as if to say “guys, don’t forget me, I am still here” : does that count? Is that enough? Well, his past speaks for itself, but hopefully he can invest in his future too.

-ASHOOR: talk about a very busy and eventful year….hoping Brazil wins the Olympics in 2016 and more importantly, the world cup in 2018!

The End
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 12:37:15 AM by ASHOOR »

-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline Etain

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
Re: Assyrian Voice Yearbook 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 01:08:38 AM »
Cool.Very cool. It was amusing to see everyone's entries in there.
I'll be sure to hang up a portrait of George Bush in my roo or something.

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 01:27:02 AM »
Haha epic list! Yes, I do make my posts very specific so they can make sense! :bigarmhug:

Oh btw you forgot to mention that Domanic and I are Aussies too.  :mrgreen:

I thought Etain made it clear that she's a girl? Not to mention, the female symbol on her message display...?  :hmmm:
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 01:27:02 AM »

Offline Etain

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 01:27:50 AM »
Haha epic list! Yes, I do make my posts very specific so they can make sense! :bigarmhug:

Oh btw you forgot to mention that Domanic and I are Aussies too.  :mrgreen:

I thought Etain made it clear that she's a girl? Not to mention, the female symbol on her message display...?  :hmmm:
I've been told I can be somewhat aggressive.Unusual for a female.

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 01:43:14 AM »
I've been told I can be somewhat aggressive.Unusual for a female.
You're okay, really. I just thought it was unusual that you would be against female priests, considering that you're also a woman. Ironically, it was a male user called you misogynist for saying that. Lol.
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline Etain

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 01:55:27 AM »
You're okay, really. I just thought it was unusual that you would be against female priests, considering that you're also a woman. Ironically, it was a male user called you misogynist for saying that. Lol.
lol. I chuckled a bit at that.
It doesn't matter what I think. I was talking about going based off what the Bible says.

Offline BooQta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 01:55:42 AM »
-ASHOOR: not sure why I was looking out for one with your name, of course that would have been lame right, to write one about your self? Well here it goes!
The founder and developer of this brilliant site, bit hard to miss that part seeing as he is always around here.
Married to a beautiful woman and now blessed with a handsome son. I struggle to understand how he finds the time to run this place while being a busy working husband and dad and the same time. Goes to show how loyal and determined he is though ha ;-)
He takes friendship seriously and his loyal members even more so. Wanna make him happy? Take him for a drive to a local σουβλατζίδικο (souvlaki shop) while playing some Μητροπάνος (famous Greek singer) and that will definitely get you some browny points (your welcome) ;-)
He is very humble, fun to be around and is always interested in learning about anything that he doesn't know already.
Back in his day (he is old and grey now) ladies from the site were actually going gaga googoo over him. Now I know what your thinking...but his personality is what made him a good catch.
You will now find those ladies unhappily married or single at home with a minimum of 8 cats still thinking about him and what could have been. #heartbreaker
This guy has the memory of an elephant and it seriously freaks me out so if you get into his bad books he will remember you!
He is always keen for a catch up so if you are ever in his neck of the woods be sure to give him a tinkle. Mention that your from AVN and he will be there 10 mins earlier than schedule!
Perhaps you should organise an AVN reunion ASH ;-)
p.s. Tim Horton's up your bum bum!
Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport.

Offline atourina

• I Am The Best :)
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 08:27:07 AM »
Nice one Ashoor! 

-Atourina:  Here is a question I have always wondered and never bothered to ask her: does Atourina go to other sections of the forums or does she only bother with the ‘Chit Chat’ section? Like will you ever see her reply to a thread about ‘unity between ACOE and AACOE’ on the religion forum? Or whether Zowaa should drop the compound name? We will never know unless she reveals the mystery.

To answer your question - NO.. i don't bother in the other forums.. They're really not my cup of tea.. I think I've only ever made 1 post in the Serious forum :loool: 

**Mean Girls Club**

Offline thomator

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 11:48:31 AM »
I love this yearbook! :D 

-Thomator: on and off but good contributions. We won’t blame him for not being as active as we would like him to, getting his dental degree is more important!

Thank you ASHOOR! I'm studying medicine (MD) but close enough!   :thankyou:

Offline Googoo

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 05:41:54 PM »
I'm glad i'm here, it's interesting to hear the voice of one the least exposed minorities in the middle east.   :)

Offline ~..Parkhaneeta..~

• So Sick Of Lame Azz Assyrian Girls
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 01:57:26 AM »
Oh yeah it was a busy/crazy year for me lol . I'm liking winter so far I got super excited when I saw snow hehe but yeah not liking Toronto so far
Love Is like give someone the chance to DESTROY u and trusting that they wont...

Offline Brata_Shleeta

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 02:05:46 PM »
Yay! this lil yearbook comment made my day...

I was scrolling through hoping to see my name here haha.

"BrataShleeta: Nice, engaging, cute and good contributions for the most part. Oh, and did you think that her English is a bit too good for someone who lives in Spain?"

Just incase if anyones interested.... i was born & raised in England so thats why im fluent in english.... I did however get to live in Spain also [thankyou God] XD

Ahhh i cant seem to use these emojis! must b something to do with my laptop.

God bless all Assyrians........ and whatever u do............stay assyrian........
Resht' Sheeta hawe breekha qa kolokhon

I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- Esho Msheekha/Yeshua/Jesus - John 14:6 -

Offline Kosovo1389

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2016, 10:52:37 PM »
ASHOOR, I only read this today, and I can't thank you enough for your kind words. You're really second to none, khoona.
Zivjela Srbija.

Offline Anid

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 07:45:30 AM »

-Anid: it took me till the writing of this entry to realize Anid is a girl  Anyway, she was very engaging, helpful and thought-provoking with a lot of her post. Great year and hopefully she will be another super star in 2016.What i really like about her is that she was active in most sections and not limited to one or two sections.  BTW, Is she a communist? or does she simply like Guevara as a historical figure? maybe she already told us and I never read it or she can shed some light in 2016?

Ahahaha!! Do I sound like a guy?  :lmao:

Thank you for your post Ashoor, and no I'm not a community haha, if anything it is mocking Che Guevara. :)

Offline ASHUR

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2016, 02:48:22 PM »
Just noticed my name on here Barshie....Thanks for the kind words! 

What did you mean by: "An unsolved mystery: does he know what goes on north of where he likes to lurk the most on the forums?"  Help me understand! :)
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Offline Crocodile Bani

• Special Member
  • Formerly Moja Moja
    • Bani Pera
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2016, 09:11:22 AM »
Been MIA for a few years with the occasional post but shocked that I would make it on the year book.

Things have changed with me Ashoor.  I now have a club side that I support in soccer and they are the Western Sydney Wanderers.  As if I didn't have enough sport on the mind, it is now worse.
Back in Darwin for the 2nd time in my life.  Originally from Sydney (Fairfield area), lived in Vanuatu, Japan (twice), Thailand and Darwin once previously.  Western Sydney Wanderers fan as well as Parramatta Eels.  Veteran of 3 World Cups (*1994, 2006 and 2010).

Assyrian Voice Yearbook 2005!

Started by ASHOORBoard Classic Threads

Replies: 213
Views: 36513
Last post November 20, 2006, 08:54:14 AM
by atourina
Assyrian Voice YearBook 2006

Started by ASHOORBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 31
Views: 1707
Last post December 31, 2006, 04:13:25 AM
by Valantina