Author Topic: An Assyrian in the National iraqi Soccer team! first time since Saddam Hussein!  (Read 1983 times)

Offline Ashur_Dawood

• Assyria Will Rise
Ladies and gentleman, we now have an Assyrian player In the iraqi soccer team, he goes by the name Justin Meram, he plays for the columbus crew in MLS... He starts tomorrow (october 15) vs Saudi Arabia! Since hes from a big league outside Asia, I think he could be BY FAR the best player on the team. Besides, he is young talent(24 yrs), and the fact hes Assyrian is a +1 :D Since Saddam hussein's rule over Iraq, there were no christians in the team. This is the first time theres an assyrian in the team since like the late 80's! And with an Assyrian manager (the legendary Basil Gorgis), im sure Iraq will have major succes!

Ashur

Assyria Will Rise! Long live Zowaa!

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Hi Ashur, that is great to hear, thanks for sharing! I follow Iraqi soccer news and I never heard of him before.

Iraq did have some players in the national team during Saddam's rule but not a lot like before. Most notable Akram Emmanuel (اكرم عمانؤيل), who played with Iraq for the 1994 WC qualifications. He was a great player and one of Iraq's best strikers in the early to mid 90s. He played for my favorite Iraqi club ( Al-Quwa Al-Jawiya: the Air force).  He is currently living in Melbourne, Australia.

Some of his memorable goals:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOqpwz5_oPI

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gVY-5fpqJE

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFFjTsCE31U

ASHOOR
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline jonadona

• Golden Member
  • The town is back that way!
He's a very talented player and has great potential.  I'm a little biased because he's a local guy and have been playing with his older brothers since high school.
turbulence is a fluid regime characterized by chaotic, stochastic property changes.

Assyrian Voice Forum

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
An update: Justin Meram has been given an Iraqi citizenship and is now cleared to play in the upcoming Arab Gulf and Asian cup tournaments, in 2015.

Here is his official website: www.justinmeram.com

ASHOOR
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Two Assyrian Football (Soccer) Players trying out with The Syrian National Team

Started by ACANABoard Assyriska Discussions

Replies: 5
Views: 5917
Last post May 29, 2008, 07:51:56 PM
by Knight
Assyrian Girl in the Swedish National Soccer Team

Started by ACANABoard Sports

Replies: 8
Views: 1824
Last post January 31, 2008, 05:03:09 AM
by jan
Great News: an Assyrian has Joined the Iraqi National Team

Started by ASHOORBoard Sports

Replies: 1
Views: 1497
Last post June 15, 2012, 09:52:12 AM
by R O B I N
New Assyrian player in the Iraqi national team: Rebeen Swolaqa

Replies: 6
Views: 932
Last post August 11, 2015, 05:16:59 AM
by Bronit Omta
The Ultimate Soccer Dream Team of all-time!

Replies: 73
Views: 8378
Last post March 29, 2006, 10:45:19 AM
by BraTeiL