Author Topic: Chaldean patriarch pleads with those who left to come back.  (Read 1368 times)

Online ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Chaldean patriarch pleads with those who left to come back.
« on: October 13, 2013, 12:02:06 PM »
Good letter from Mar Luis Sako (patriarch of the chaldean catholic church), pleading with those who have left Iraq and the middle east to come back.

Though his call is not realistic for most, he does make some great points about how hard it is to maintain our culture, language and religion in the west, for more than a generation or two.

Article is in Arabic : http://www.saint-adday.com/index.php/permalink/5105.html

Here is a rough translation/interpretation of his letter:

"To you who have left, come return. Isn't the homeland like a son that? Our land is the cradle of civilizations, it has hugged us and we have hugged it.

Our villages in the Nineveh plain, Amadya, Zakho, Aqra and others are great and long standing.

You are strangers in foreign lands and what will become or remain of you in 100 or 200 years from now? what will happen to your names: Esho, Yalda, Shemoun, Sargon, Zaya, Mikho? and what is the result? the outcome is that you will melt and be integrated in your new societies. As a result, your name, identity, culture and language will also be wiped. Most of you are now living through state assistance while we live with out blood and sweat. You talk about the 'Great Babylon' and 'Mighty Assyria'? What is the point of talk! isn't it just a feeling?

Truth be told, your being in the diaspora hurts us here at home.  we will not leave from here. We will stay.  True, we don't know what the future holds, but we do know who we are, our history, identity,language, rituals, traditions and our neighbors. Therefore, we remain attached to our homeland, people, principles and rights.

Come back, you who have migrated so we are building and working stronger together. Cooperating in building the preset and future. If you come back, we will have significance, position and a role (in this country).  Come back so we can utilize your skills and knowledge.  If you come back, we will be the third largest ethnic group and second religion. If you don't come back, we will remain a minority, with no significance. But regardless, we will stay and not leave, accepting to eat bread and onions so that our Christian heritage and attestation may continue."

يا مهاجرين ارجعوا: البطريرك لويس ساكو
Ashoor
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 11:03:11 PM by ASHOOR »

-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Online mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
Re: Chaldean patriarch pleads with those who left to come back.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 07:57:16 PM »
no translation of the article for us? :\

Online ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 08:57:33 PM »
It is a great article and I will try to provide a translation when I get time hopefully.

Ashoor

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 08:57:33 PM »

Online ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 10:47:27 PM »
Here is a rough translation/interpretation of his letter:

"To you who have left, come return. Isn't the homeland like a son that? Our land is the cradle of civilizations, it has hugged us and we have hugged it.

Our villages in the Nineveh plain, Amadya, Zakho, Aqra and others are great and long standing.

You are strangers in foreign lands and what will become or remain of you in 100 or 200 years from now? what will happen to your names: Esho, Yalda, Shemoun, Sargon, Zaya, Mikho? and what is the result? the outcome is that you will melt and be integrated in your new societies. As a result, your name, identity, culture and language will also be wiped. Most of you are now living through state assistance while we live with out blood and sweat. You talk about the 'Great Babylon' and 'Mighty Assyria'? What is the point of talk! isn't it just a feeling?

Truth be told, your being in the diaspora hurts us here at home.  we will not leave from here. We will stay.  True, we don't know what the future holds, but we do know who we are, our history, identity,language, rituals, traditions and our neighbors. Therefore, we remain attached to our homeland, people, principles and rights.

Come back, you who have migrated so we are building and working stronger together. Cooperating in building the preset and future. If you come back, we will have significance, position and a role (in this country).  Come back so we can utilize your skills and knowledge.  If you come back, we will be the third largest ethnic group and second religion. If you don't come back, we will remain a minority, with no significance. But regardless, we will stay and not leave, accepting to eat bread and onions so that our Christian heritage and attestation may continue."

Offline chaldean

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 05:02:14 AM »
It won't stop people leaving everyday.
He represents the institute that has caused people to lose their connection (Assyrian identity) to their land, thus people have no reason to stay.
I Love Assyria

Offline r-johnny

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 03:04:44 PM »
I am preparing to move to Iraq.   Who does one contact about work, properties etc.

Online mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 07:52:36 PM »
I am preparing to move to Iraq.   Who does one contact about work, properties etc.

make sure to bring body armor and a gun with you, if you can.

Offline r-johnny

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 02:32:02 PM »
I am going to Iraq, not the United States!   I prefer my future in Iraq than to the West now.

Offline chaldean

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 05:23:31 AM »
I am going to Iraq, not the United States!   I prefer my future in Iraq than to the West now.
Hello Johnny,
I did the move 5 years ago. If you're interested in more info, PM me
I Love Assyria

Offline Occupied_Assyria

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 07:21:40 AM »
He wants people to go back meaning us ? well then

If he is sincere and not talking **** then he knows that the following things must happen

1. Call your self Assyrian and you can either stick to being a catholic or also come back to church of the east at the same time.

2. Ask for the Nineveh area and nohadra and surrounds to be a region  for an Assyrian area region state under Assyrian rule not kurdush or arab  for Assyrians from all sects. 

When these things happen thats when people will come back

Until then if you do not do these things then there is a better chance of Michael Jackson and John Wayne coming back to life

No Christmas Celebrations in Iraq, Says Chaldean Patriarch

Started by Free_AssyriaBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 1
Views: 442
Last post December 18, 2006, 07:38:04 PM
by ASHUR
Chaldean Patriarch Balances Dangers in Iraq With Mission to Reach Out to Muslims

Started by GGBWBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 24
Views: 3451
Last post November 02, 2007, 11:42:50 AM
by jonadona
MOVED: The Next Chaldean Patriarch

Started by shamirumBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 0
Views: 437
Last post January 17, 2008, 10:55:57 PM
by shamirum
The Next Chaldean Patriarch