Author Topic: Syrian Jihadist Rebels Murder Assyrian Man for Being Christian  (Read 1102 times)

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Syrian Jihadist Rebels Murder Assyrian Man for Being Christian
« on: September 23, 2013, 08:30:06 AM »
(Warning: graphic picture below)

Syrian Jihadist Rebels Murder Assyrian Man for Being Christian

A 26 year-old Assyrian man, Ninar Odisho, was murdered on Saturday, September 21, in the afternoon in the city of Al-Thawra (al-Tabqah), where he had gone to safeguard his family's house and property. Mr. Odisho was with two Muslim friends when they were approached by Jihadist rebels, who questioned the three men at gun point. The rebels released his friends upon learning they were Muslim, then beat and bludgeoned Mr. Odisho to death.

Al-Thawrah fell to the Syrian rebels in September, 2012 and came under the control of al-Nusra Front and other Jihadist groups fighting in Syria. Nearly all of the Assyrians were forced to leave the area. The rebels told the Assyrians to convert to Islam to keep their jobs, and that if they refused they had to leave or be killed.

The rebels destroyed the Antiochian Orthodox church of Sts. Sergius and Bacchus and other Christian churches.

link: http://www.aina.org/news/20130923005710.htm

-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
Re: Syrian Jihadist Rebels Murder Assyrian Man for Being Christian
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 09:35:36 AM »
rest in peace Ninar, I put a dedication of your name on my game server so that you will never be forgotten.

no offensive to retake Al-Thawrah?

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 09:53:06 AM »
Such a sad and ruthless killing. And I question why Ninar would go back to this place knowing how dangerous it is?

It reminds me of the killing of my own cousin in Tikrit, at the height of the sectarian violence in 2006, when he foolishly decided to go with his two Muslim friends to get a car sale deal done. That was his death sentence.

In these dangerous places and times, you do your best just to stay safe. No area is trustworthy or safe enough.

ASHOOR
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 09:53:06 AM »

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 08:08:01 AM »
Such a sad and ruthless killing. And I question why Ninar would go back to this place knowing how dangerous it is?

It reminds me of the killing of my own cousin in Tikrit, at the height of the sectarian violence in 2006, when he foolishly decided to go with his two Muslim friends to get a car sale deal done. That was his death sentence.

In these dangerous places and times, you do your best just to stay safe. No area is trustworthy or safe enough.

ASHOOR

maybe he thought it was safe, or at least thought it would be safe if he went with his muslim friends; nobody could've really saw this coming.

Islamic Jihadist Murder Assyrian Man for Being Christian

Started by Burlington CityBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 2
Views: 654
Last post October 22, 2013, 09:59:31 AM
by mrzurnaci
Assyrian man, killed at the hands of Syrian rebels, laid to rest

Started by ASHOORBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 1
Views: 1677
Last post December 21, 2012, 07:28:41 AM
by Rumtaya