Author Topic: Assyrian Militia in Khabur, Syria  (Read 2914 times)

Offline AshurayaPlasha

• Ashur will unite us
Assyrian Militia in Khabur, Syria
« on: March 04, 2013, 04:05:10 PM »

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 05:22:07 PM by AshurayaPlasha »

Even after the fall of Nineveh (612BC) The Assyrians lived under their own law, they had their own autonomy under the different names such as Athura, Adiabene and Asuristan. It lasted till the 7th century AD.

Sennacherib II(2), was an Assyrian Governor or 'king' of northern Asuristan in 372 AD.

Online ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Re: Assyrian Militia in Khabur, Syria
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 04:43:36 PM »
Can't see the video, but good for them, something we couldn't do in Iraq at the height of the insurgency and terrorism. But the dynamic in Syria is a little different from Iraq.

Wise of them to start this early and not wait until it is too late. Don't let the other ethnic groups intimidate you. Push back and defend your community.

ASHOOR

Offline AshurayaPlasha

• Ashur will unite us
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 05:03:23 PM »

Here maybe this will work
Even after the fall of Nineveh (612BC) The Assyrians lived under their own law, they had their own autonomy under the different names such as Athura, Adiabene and Asuristan. It lasted till the 7th century AD.

Sennacherib II(2), was an Assyrian Governor or 'king' of northern Asuristan in 372 AD.

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 05:03:23 PM »

Online ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 05:49:09 PM »
I was able to see it, thanks a lot. Gave me goosebumps seeing all these flags and soldiers. This is what Assyria would look like if we had it as an independent region/state.

Ashoor

Offline AshurayaPlasha

• Ashur will unite us
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 06:02:21 PM »
Yes, I am glad Assyrians are becoming more militant in Khabur.

I also want to know how Assyrians are doing in Qamishli.

Online mrzurnaci

• Zurnacis Youtube
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 06:54:08 PM »
good job, now we need some better fortifications and better strategic positionings
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:57:26 PM by mrzurnaci »

Online ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 07:05:22 PM »
I think our Assyrians are very wise: they aleaady know what happened in Iraq in the last 10 years and reasoned that in order to defend yourself and be protected, you better take things into your own hands. No one else will protect you, not even the Syrian army. It is a civil war and everyone is out to defend themselves.

Now if we can only get other Assyrians from the diaspora to offer support to these militias. You neve know what and how bigger their mission will be in a few years from now, once the Syrian crisis has been resolved (however that will shape up to be)

If-and I know this scenario was crazy to even talk about a few years ago-Syria was to be split into smaller states, the only way we can get something is if we have an army that is ready tI fight for what is rightly theirs.

Ashoor

Ashoor

Online mrzurnaci

• Zurnacis Youtube
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 01:41:38 AM »
I think our Assyrians are very wise: they aleaady know what happened in Iraq in the last 10 years and reasoned that in order to defend yourself and be protected, you better take things into your own hands. No one else will protect you, not even the Syrian army. It is a civil war and everyone is out to defend themselves.

Now if we can only get other Assyrians from the diaspora to offer support to these militias. You neve know what and how bigger their mission will be in a few years from now, once the Syrian crisis has been resolved (however that will shape up to be)

If-and I know this scenario was crazy to even talk about a few years ago-Syria was to be split into smaller states, the only way we can get something is if we have an army that is ready tI fight for what is rightly theirs.

Ashoor

Ashoor

Ashoor, if I could, I would send us grenade launchers and sh17 like that but American Customs Officials and the TSA aren't going to like that -___-
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:42:03 AM by mrzurnaci »

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 06:16:26 PM »
I've heard about this before, and I just find it (what can I say) GREAT!! :) .... I love reading what you guys are writing about this and how you are "supporting"! :)

I pray to GOD that we'll have a country soon!.. (even after 100 years, it would still be okay :( )

P.S my comment was out of topic! (as always).. sorry :/
^_^

Offline AshurayaPlasha

• Ashur will unite us
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 04:46:03 AM »
Assyrian Militias in Khabur.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 04:49:07 AM by AshurayaPlasha »

Online ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 09:51:11 AM »
Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

When you don't have much to lose, you take it to the next level like these guys. They know that this is what it takes to guard against the terrorist and the thugs from the Free Syrian Army.

I am not saying these pictures and videos will make the other groups fear these villages, but invading them and threatening them will not be as easy if they weren't armed and ready.

ASHOOR

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 03:47:24 AM »
@ Ashuraya Palasha

these are some GREAT pictures!! :D ..
one can barely imagine my happiness seeing such stuff.

I hope this lasts and actually leads to something (bigger).
I wish if they had more army though, more weapons, and more tools.. that would have been just amazing!

Offline AshurayaPlasha

• Ashur will unite us
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 04:19:54 AM »
I (Just like ASHOOR) Believe that they saw what happened to Assyrians in Baghdad / Mosul, and the Assyrians right now in Al Hasakah Governorate, mainly Khabur, are guarding their towns and villages with heavy machine guns and automatic rifles. I also hope that the Assyrian Democratic Organization (ADO) Can further their support to the Assyrian militias.

But at the same time, many Assyrians (From Damascus and Aleppo Provinces) Are migrating to Northern Iraq (Particularly Nineveh Plains and Nuhadra / Duhok) So we will see many Assyrians from the west side of the Syrian Country migrate to Al Hasakah / Qamishli or North Iraq... and there is a saying that if the FSA take control of Al Hasakah, then 50,000 Assyrians will cross the border to Mardin or Northern Iraq.

I actually have Assyrian friends that live in Khabur doing guard work, and they say that IF they do leave or are forced to leave Khabur, they will head to Northern Iraq, mainly Nuhadra.

However, lets hope instead we get a strong base in North Eastern Syria :)

Assyrian Man Kidnapped, Beaten By Kurdish Militia

Started by Free_AssyriaBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 2
Views: 554
Last post September 15, 2007, 01:46:49 PM
by jonadona
assyrian militia

Started by sydneydudeBoard Culture & History

Replies: 42
Views: 3314
Last post March 16, 2006, 11:38:58 PM
by baklawa