Author Topic: Assyriska FF 2013 Season Discussion Thread  (Read 26887 times)

Offline SyriacOrthodoxAssyrian

Assyriska FF 2013 Season Discussion Thread
« on: November 01, 2011, 03:33:00 AM »
Well, it's time to forget the horrible 2011 season and look ahead.

Yesterday the first Assyriska 2012 news came out.

Two players (Imad Chhadeh and Rickard Jansson) who Assyriska brought in for this past season have left. Both of them were injured large parts of the season so the contracts were terminated from both sides.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) AFF will have their first training game since the end of the season.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 08:48:43 AM by ASHOOR »

Offline Free_Assyria

• Free Occupied-Assyria
Re: Assyriska FF 2012 Season Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 04:56:54 PM »
any news of the current board getting sacked?
"The World has no glory without the Assyrians"

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 02:38:50 AM »
Not yet, the yearly meeting hasn't taken place yet.

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 02:38:50 AM »

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 05:10:22 AM »
Probably the best Assyriska player from this season despite having been injured for roughly the whole second half of it, Haris Laitinen, has extended his contract with two years.

He is still injured but should start training seriously again in spring 2012.

Offline Enki

• Ron Paul 2012
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 01:49:37 PM »
If I was ever to be lucky enough to win the $50,000,000CDN lottery Friday, I'll make a pitch to buy a majority share in the club.  :ranting:
"If you don't want to be criticized, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing!"

Offline Free_Assyria

• Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 04:38:56 PM »
dont forget your mate down under!

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 03:30:04 AM »
Some updates on the team.

They have a new coach who will start his job from January 1st, 2012. He could be good for the team actually. Several players in the highest division of Sweden speak highly of him as he helped them get to where they are.

Som key players have written new contracts.

The Assyrian talent Mikael Ishak might leave to a bigger club. It's important that we get good money for him. I believe he was at Bundesliga club FC Koeln recently to train.

Sad news. They're currently looking into the Moussa brothers murder case in Sodertalje.

People have been prosecuted. It has also come out that Eddie, his brother, and other leaders in Assyriska might also have been connected to the X-team gang (the rival gang that are prosecuted right now are called "the sodertalje network"). One of Assyriska's biggest sponsor said that if they knew that there were criminal people in Assyriska they would cut the cooperation before. The current contract runs out at around new years eve.

Both teams are caught up in this.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 06:17:07 AM by SyriacOrthodoxAssyrian »

Offline davidb

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 07:08:49 AM »
Is this coach also going to leave just after we get a good run going on at the start of the season?

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 07:37:03 AM »
They have signed a two or three year contract with him.

He isn't as well-known as the trainer who left last season so I doubt he'll leave even if Assyriska do good. He's quite young as well, early forties.

The 2012 season preparations for the Assyriska team in Gothenburg is going great so far though. Wouldn't surprise me if they take the step up to the third highest division this coming season.

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 09:11:28 AM »
An Assyriska player (Mikael Thorstensson) made a gingerbread house.

the goalkeeper who is 200 cm tall

Ashur Marklund with his crown

He burned some of them but instead of throwing them away he used them as two black players of the team

Zelge

And the funniest, he writes: "The committee?"

Offline Free_Assyria

• Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 05:23:22 PM »
wait a min i thought we already had a coach? house looks awesome.
I didnt think we would keep the young star for long. FC Koln wow kid is missing places.
Koln = best beer in the world hmmmmmmmm Kulch.

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 02:15:13 AM »
They went separate ways because the committee and him didn't "agree" on some "things" (committee playing coaches again).

Looks like Ishak could actually get a contract with Koln already. Damn, that's a huge step. I thought they were going to tell him to play a season in the Swedish highest division first and then see. Ishak possibly playing on the same team as Lukas Podolski.

In other Assyrian international players news, Sanharib Malki from Qamishly is doing good in the highest division of Holland. 9 goals in 14 appearances for Roda JC (9th place).

Malki Sabah Germinal Beerschot Antwerp GBA

He's currently in 4th place in the top scorer table of the league:

1. Dries Mertens PSV Eindhoven 12

2. Marc Janko Twente 10
Miralem Sulejmani Ajax 10

4.Bas Dost Heerenveen 9
Sanharib Malki Roda 9
Tim Matavz PSV Eindhoven  9
Wilfried Bony Vitesse 9

If he finishes high bigger teams will definitely look into him.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 03:39:09 AM by SyriacOrthodoxAssyrian »

Offline Free_Assyria

• Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 05:41:12 AM »
not caring for malki

Offline AlexSuryoyo

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 07:59:19 PM »
They went separate ways because the committee and him didn't "agree" on some "things" (committee playing coaches again).

Looks like Ishak could actually get a contract with Koln already. Damn, that's a huge step. I thought they were going to tell him to play a season in the Swedish highest division first and then see. Ishak possibly playing on the same team as Lukas Podolski.

In other Assyrian international players news, Sanharib Malki from Qamishly is doing good in the highest division of Holland. 9 goals in 14 appearances for Roda JC (9th place).

Malki Sabah Germinal Beerschot Antwerp GBA

He's currently in 4th place in the top scorer table of the league:

1. Dries Mertens PSV Eindhoven 12

2. Marc Janko Twente 10
Miralem Sulejmani Ajax 10

4.Bas Dost Heerenveen 9
Sanharib Malki Roda 9
Tim Matavz PSV Eindhoven  9
Wilfried Bony Vitesse 9

If he finishes high bigger teams will definitely look into him.

I just want to add that there are some rumors which say that Stuttgart is interested by Malki, he's really talented so it's not a surprise. He'll maybe play in a highest division than eredivisie which is also good but bundensliga is a level above ;)

Ps: it's good to see that "assyrians" support one of our players who call himself "aramean", unity between our factions is really important
I am Aramean

I am Assyrian

I am Chaldean

I am Mesopotamian

I AM BETH NAHRIN !!!!

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 02:42:27 AM »
I'm not a "qashyo" Assyrian. Many people in family call themselves aramean or syriac, pretty much everyone who call themselves aramean are from the same church as I, etc. I want any one from our people to do good. Are you from Holland?

Anyway, Assyriska are close to the first signing for the 2012 season. A 21 year old Greek central defender Sotirios Papagiannopoulos. He's one of the best central defenders in the third highest division of Sweden so considering his age it would be a solid signing. Our new coach is one of the best coaches in Sweden in developing talents. If he signs with AFF it should happen this week. He scored 5 goals in 24 games as a central defender in the 2011 season.

We need players like that. Not old people with a name who just want to earn some money in their final years or uncertain players from foreign countries. Young, hungry, who live in Sweden.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 02:46:04 AM by SyriacOrthodoxAssyrian »

Offline Free_Assyria

• Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 08:40:50 PM »
I hope we replace that muhammad defender he is useless.

and **** is a "Qashyo" ?

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 02:31:13 AM »
Qashyo means hardcore/extreme in this context. Extreme Arameans or Assyrians, we call them qashye. They won't compromise on anything (joke: if they use a pencil that pencil has to be called an Aramean or Assyrian pencil, it can't be anything else or in between).

While for me when non-Assyrians ask me what I am I say Assyrian. But I don't think everything has to be called Assyrian like the qashye. They'll call the language Assyrian, the church Assyrian Orthodox, etc.

Offline davidb

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 02:31:32 AM »
So Senharib Malki doesn't call himself Assyrian? lol

He should change his name.

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 02:38:14 AM »

There are many Aram's who call themselves Assyrian as well. Names don't mean much. Just means that the names have been in the area and used by people for a long time. Used by both sides to jab at each other.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aram_Karam belongs to chaldean or acoe church but named Aram.

Offline Free_Assyria

• Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 04:42:36 PM »

their patriach did.

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 08:09:25 AM »
Sotirios officially signed

their patriach did.

His parents named him after the father of Mor Behnam (Sanharib II). He was given the Syriac name Zakka at an early age (before even becoming a rank reader deacon).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 09:58:35 AM by SyriacOrthodoxAssyrian »

Offline Free_Assyria

• Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 04:15:54 PM »
Sotirios officially signed

His parents named him after the father of Mor Behnam (Sanharib II). He was given the Syriac name Zakka at an early age (before even becoming a rank reader deacon).

and then a few years later he annoucned that "the blood that runs through his veins is arab"

the end of Assyrianism.

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 02:08:28 AM »
don't worry. we aren't gonna think we're arabs because he said so. anyway, that's off topic.

Offline Westassyrian

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 02:53:25 AM »
Senharib is an Assyrian name, Senharib Malki and our Syriac patriarch from Mosul(born as Senharib) are also Assyrians. For me it dosent matter what people call themselves, for they are also belonging to the Assyrian people! its just propaganda and brainwashing from the other side the last 30 years

SyriacOrthodoxAssyrian//

Yes Assyriska from Gothenburg are preparing themselves very good, I think they are going to win next season, they were so close this year(ending 2nd)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 02:57:48 AM by Westassyrian »

Offline davidb

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 12:14:11 AM »
There are many Aram's who call themselves Assyrian as well. Names don't mean much. Just means that the names have been in the area and used by people for a long time. Used by both sides to jab at each other.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aram_Karam belongs to chaldean or acoe church but named Aram.

Aram is an Armenian name as far as I know, and no Ancient Aramean king was named Aram. So Aram Karam for example was not named after an Aramean, while on the other hand Malki was named after an Assyrian. Big difference.

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 02:20:54 AM »
Noah -> Shem -> Aram -> Aramean people

Even if it would be an Armenian name there isn't a big difference. Let's say if we and the Armenians fought about identity. They say that we're Armenians-in-denial, we say we're Assyrians.

Armenian: "Aram Karam thinks he's from that extinct Assyrian people? lol

he should change his name."

There was an Aramean king named Hadad something. Haddad/Hadad is one of the most usual Christians last names in and around our area, are all of them Arameans?

The names have been in our areas for a long time and parents have named their kids those names.

Plus, as I wrote about our patriarch, they named him after the father of Mor Behnam. Mor Behnam and his sister converted their father King Senharib II to Christianity. The Syriac Orthodox church have a holiday on December 10th for Mor Behnam and his sister.

It's a good story.

The Assyrian Prince Mor Behnam

Summarized by Hanna Hajjar from an article by Dr. Amir Harrak.

This article is placed here because of the interrelation between the Kingdoms of Osroene and Adiabane, both being Assyrian Kingdoms, and allies, in addition this article talks about Mor Matay, a hermit who moved from Amid within the territory of Osroene to that of Adiabane and converted the royal family to Christianity.

Prince Mor Behnam and his sister Princess Sarra, whom the Syrian Orthodox Church observes their holiday on the 10th of December of every year, are the children of the Assyrian King Senharib II (about 372 A.D.), who ruled over Northern Mesopotamia.

The Syriac text on the icon says:  Amiro Mor Behnam wu’Amirto Sarra, bnaye d’Senharib (Trayono) Malko d’Othur, am rakobe arb’een (Translation: Prince Mor Behnam and Princess Sarra, the children of Senharib [II] King of Assyria, with forty horsemen).

The story goes as follows:  One day Prince Behnam was riding along with his forty Assyrian horsemen who constantly attended him, he pursued a gazelle as far as the mountain of Alfof, and climbed it to the very spot where the monastery of Mor Mattai stands now.  Here the gazelle suddenly disappeared in a cave.  On entering, the Prince saw an aged hermit, but no gazelle.  On inquiring where the gazelle had gone, the hermit told him to sit down and listen to him.

The hermit whose name was Mor Mattai had come from Amid/Diyarbakir.  During their conversation, the hermit introduced the Prince to Christianity, and mentioned to him that he processed miraculous power.  The young Prince promised to believe and embrace the new religion, if the hermit could heal his sister Princess Sarra, who was suffering from a disease that was regarded as incurable.  The old man promised to perform the act, and appointed a spot where the princess should be brought.  Prince Behnam then left, and at the appointed time returned to the place named by the hermit with his sister Princess Sarra and his forty horsemen.  They found the old man waiting for them.

When all was ready Mor Mattai struck his staff upon the ground, and a stream of water instantly burst forth.  In this he ordered the princess to wash.  She obeyed, and was healed, and from that time on that spring of water was called the spring of Sarra.  Prince Behnam and his companions the forty horsemen instantly believed in Christianity and were baptized.  His sister Princess Sarra also embraced the Christian faith, which has brought so wonderful a cure upon her.  They then returned with joy to the city of Nineveh, and the hermit retired to his cave.

The change in faith of Prince Behnam and Princess Sarra, were not long concealed from their father King Senharib II, who was then influenced by the Zoroastrian Sassanians (a Persian religion).  The King employed every means to persuade his children to abandon their supposed delusion.  Prince Behnam was inexorable, and with great zeal urged his father King Senharib II to forsake himself the errors of paganism.  The father then resorted to torture, and when this proved ineffectual, he ordered his son to be put to death.  The son found some means to escape, and fled with his sister and his forty horsemen to a place now called Kara Qosh, about five hours East of Nineveh, where he was overtaken by his father, who ordered him and his company to be put to death.  But before the command could be obeyed, the earth suddenly opened and swallowed them up.  The King was shocked, and remained mute with astonishment, he then returned to his palace to mourn too late the loss of both his children.

It was not long before King Senharib II was attacked with the same disease, which had afflicted his daughter Princess Sarra.  After trying every remedy in vain, his wife Queen Shirin convinced him to resort to the miraculous power of the old hermit Mor Mattai, who performed upon him the same miraculous cure which he had performed upon his daughter earlier, and with the same happy result of a change in his faith.  Thus King Senharib II became a Christian.  He now mourned afresh for the fate of his children, and determined, since he could not restore them to life, to do all that is within his power to honor their memory.  He ordered that the earth to be opened where they were swallowed up, and the bodies to be taken out.  They were then honorably reburied nearby, and a monastery, bearing the name of his son Mor Behnam was erected on the spot.    

The icon of Prince Mor Behnam in front of his father’s Royal palace in Nineveh, was jointly painted by Hanna Hajjar and George Shamoun 1990.  
The monastery of the Assyrian Prince Mor Behnam stands to this date, and is one of the most famous in Assyrian history.  Nearby are seen the graves of the martyrs, and the burial place of the King is seen also at the door of the monastery.   Before his death King Senharib II ordered the erection of another monastery to honor the hermit Mor Mattai, which still stands to this date, and is one of the most famous monasteries too.

Mor Mattai was originally a native of the area of Amid (Diyar Bakir), and fled to the Assyrian capital of Nineveh during the persecution of the Suryoye/Assyrian by Julian the Apostat (c. 361).  
Prince Mor Behnam is considered the patron (or bringer) of fertility.  Moslems associate him with “Khidr Elias” who is mentioned in the Koran.  He is given the role of Tammuz the ancient Mesopotamian god of nature and spring.  Thus he is venerated by men and women, (Christians and Moslems), seeking human or agricultural fertility.

Another name that Mor Behnam is associated with is Prince Mor Qardag who is also believed to be the son of King Senharib II too.  It could be that both Prince Mor Behnam and Prince Mor Qardag are the same person, or they could be brothers.

The name Behnam (Beh-Nam) is in the Persian language and means “the Good Name”, corresponding to “Shem-Shafir” in the Syriac language.

In 1580 the Monophysite (Syrian Orthodox) Mefrian at the monastery of Prince Mor Behnam together with 12 Bishops sent a letter to Pope Gregory XIII, in which they expressed their loyalty to him.  Eighty years following that move (c. 1660) the formal union with Rome was signed, and thus the monastery gave birth to another uniate church, the Syriac Catholic Church.  As to the monastery of Mor Mattai, it remains to this date in the hands of the Syrian Orthodox Church.

There are "Arameans" with the last name Benham.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 03:07:42 AM by SyriacOrthodoxAssyrian »

Offline GodismyJudge

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 04:42:34 AM »

He calls himself Syrian. In my opinion he is an Arab. He even plays for the Syrian National Team.
I am an Assyrian today, tomorrow, forever, and I am proud of it.

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 02:10:06 PM »
First match of the season for Assyriska is April 9th, 2012. Home game against the team that ended third last this past season (Brage). First match of the league on April 6th.

4 months to go.

Offline Free_Assyria

• Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2011, 05:47:15 PM »
This season is make it or break it. If they can’t draw inspiration from our Arab rivals still in top flight league then there is no hope.

Offline AlexSuryoyo

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2011, 06:18:10 PM »
This season is make it or break it. If they can’t draw inspiration from our Arab rivals still in top flight league then there is no hope.

Lool calling us arab will not bring assyriska to allsvenskan and you instull yourself btw...

Forza Syrianska :)

We could achieve big things if these 2 teams were only one :(

ps: assyriska gets worse every year and I don't think it will stop here while syrianska becomes stronger and stronger!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 06:19:45 PM by AlexSuryoyo »
I am Aramean

I am Assyrian

I am Chaldean

I am Mesopotamian

I AM BETH NAHRIN !!!!

Offline Free_Assyria

• Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2011, 06:21:52 PM »
Lool calling us arab will not bring assyriska to allsvenskan and you instull yourself btw...

Forza Syrianska :)

We could achieve big things if these 2 teams were only one :(

ps: assyriska gets worse every year and I don't think it will stop here while syrianska becomes stronger and stronger!

dont mean to insult but someone who calls themselves Syrian from a football team called Syria im assuming they are arabs.

If the team was to merge into one they would be  - 1 supporter from Australia.

Offline AlexSuryoyo

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 06:31:48 PM »
dont mean to insult but someone who calls themselves Syrian from a football team called Syria im assuming they are arabs.

If the team was to merge into one they would be  - 1 supporter from Australia.

Bla bla bla it's all I hear, I just can't understand guys who think like you

ps: if we consider that syrian is from assyrian, we're all syrians at the end of the day bro, so keep this kind of argument for yourself
I am Aramean

I am Assyrian

I am Chaldean

I am Mesopotamian

I AM BETH NAHRIN !!!!

Offline Free_Assyria

• Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2011, 07:55:06 PM »
Bla bla bla it's all I hear, I just can't understand guys who think like you

ps: if we consider that syrian is from assyrian, we're all syrians at the end of the day bro, so keep this kind of argument for yourself

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 07:56:08 PM by Free_Assyria »

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 02:03:46 AM »
"syrian" in swedish isn't the same as "syrian" in english.

"syrian" (people of Syria) in english is "syrier" in swedish. "assyrian" is "assyrier".

a merge would be doubtful. the name wouldn't even be the biggest problem. it would be which of the family clans of the teams would have less power in the new club. unless one team becomes really broke.

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 10:25:41 AM »
First training match February 4th.

MOVIE CLUB DISCUSSION THREAD ("ANCHORMAN" FOR WEEK OF JUNE 22-JULY 6)

Started by BeLLaMaFIaBoard Music & Arts

Replies: 65
Views: 9238
Last post August 02, 2006, 12:19:46 PM
by shoemaker
THE OFFICIAL RANDOM DISCUSSION THREAD

Started by peachyBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 326
Views: 9585
Last post February 19, 2008, 11:23:31 AM
by Valantina
"The Crimson Field" Discussion Thread