Author Topic: 1 of 3 Assyrians Missing at Yosemite Park has been found  (Read 4279 times)

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
1 of 3 Assyrians Missing at Yosemite Park has been found
« on: August 06, 2011, 07:43:50 PM »
The body of one of the three missing Assyrians at the Yosemite National Park has been found.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/08/06/BAQ61KKBG8.DTL

ASHOOR

-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline Sabrina

Re: 1 of 3 Assyrians Missing at Yosemite Park has been found
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 07:24:59 PM »
:( cousin is still missing. May Nenos David rest in peace... I seriously dislike this story.

Offline ASHUR

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 01:33:25 PM »
:( cousin is still missing. May Nenos David rest in peace... I seriously dislike this story.

I think we ALL do.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 01:33:25 PM »

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 02:42:57 PM »

They happen to be your cousin? very sorry to hear that and it must be, like you mentioned, even harder for you to read and hear about this story.

Like I said, at least finding their body will help bring some closure and move on.

ASHOOR

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline Sabrina

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 02:59:45 PM »
Yeah Ramina is my cousin... its just becoming reality now since they found Nenos. Well Happy Birthday to Nenos and may he rest in peace now. I know God will give his family enough strength to make it through this horrible time. Just don't believe everything in the media. I have read only one article that was correct out of hundreds. 

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 03:01:34 PM »
Sabrina, not sure what was in the media? if you mean about having found their bodies? I only read real reports saying one of the bodies was found.

ASHOOR

Offline Sabrina

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 04:41:47 PM »
Not about that.. how it happened.

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 05:54:27 PM »
Not about that.. how it happened.

Oh! Well, the park has to make it look like it is the victims' responsibility so they are not liable to any lawsuits.

But remember, so many people have died at this park in the last few months, so they definitely have some work to do to make it safer.

ASHOOR

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 08:28:11 PM »
Oh! Well, the park has to make it look like it is the victims' responsibility so they are not liable to any lawsuits.

But remember, so many people have died at this park in the last few months, so they definitely have some work to do to make it safer.

ASHOOR

Well Ashoor, according to the story, it was their fault...

they jumped over the safety railing, protecting them from rapidly moving water going into a freefall. I can not feel bad for what happened to these 3, I can only feel bad that their families lost them.

Offline litleesoda

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 06:23:15 AM »
Well Ashoor, according to the story, it was their fault...

they jumped over the safety railing, protecting them from rapidly moving water going into a freefall. I can not feel bad for what happened to these 3, I can only feel bad that their families lost them.

Who cares if it was their fault or not?  It's a horrible and sad situation.  Everyone makes bad decisions now and then...imagine losing your life with the next bad decision you make. 

I hope God gives their families strength to get through this.

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 08:39:35 AM »
Who cares if it was their fault or not?  It's a horrible and sad situation.  Everyone makes bad decisions now and then...imagine losing your life with the next bad decision you make. 

I hope God gives their families strength to get through this.

^ what LS said!

I am not saying it wasn't complete the victims' fault. That is not the point at this time.
Having said that, and drawing on the more than usual number of deaths that have occured at this park, officials have to look at improving their safety plans and procedures.

ASHOOR

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 02:09:12 PM »
^ what LS said!

I am not saying it wasn't complete the victims' fault. That is not the point at this time.
Having said that, and drawing on the more than usual number of deaths that have occured at this park, officials have to look at improving their safety plans and procedures.

ASHOOR

here's an idea, build a glass wall, :)

Offline Sabrina

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 04:03:42 AM »
Be thankful that you are alive if you have went over the speed limit. Have we even told the media the story? No. Only one station has shown the video of my cousin and the two men.... after that they weren't allow to show it again because of people calling in and such. Its a reaction to help out a friend. You don't think what could happen to you at a moment like that.

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 01:36:21 PM »
You don't think what could happen to you at a moment like that.

don't you think it would be common sense that if u hear a place is dangerous and people have died there; you won't be more cautious or careful when you are there?

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 02:36:49 PM »
don't you think it would be common sense that if u hear a place is dangerous and people have died there; you won't be more cautious or careful when you are there?

You're being very disrespectful on this thread toward the family of those who died.
“Their enemies had realized their national potential long before the Assyrians themselves. The enemy was not afraid of good farmers, good parents, good church-going parishioners...the enemy was afraid of Assyrians wrapped in nationhood.”

-Mount Semele, Ivan Kakovitch

Offline Sabrina

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 03:39:48 PM »
Remember, you are running on what the media is saying. I will keep letting you talk. It doesn't bother me anymore because I have heard worse. I really hope you did not sign the petition because you clearly do not support it or believe people should deserve proper burials. You did not know her, so stop judging her. She never made a mistake. She was a beautiful person. I sometimes wish it was me because she was such a great woman.

lol---look what i found---a video on assyrians

Started by skipperBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 16
Views: 1197
Last post November 25, 2005, 01:18:40 AM
by RadRides
Any AVNers or Assyrians Living in Hyde Park, Chicago?

Started by ASHOORBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 22
Views: 1526
Last post November 11, 2008, 11:25:47 PM
by shamirum
'Missing Link' Found? No, but Fossil Key to Evolution

Started by GGBWBoard Business and Technology

Replies: 0
Views: 826
Last post May 22, 2009, 02:28:14 PM
by GGBW
Ever Found Assyrians while Travelling somewhere else?

Replies: 14
Views: 766
Last post August 15, 2010, 03:46:51 PM
by Enki
Sign Petition to Help Locate 3 Missing Assyrians at Yosmite!

Replies: 2
Views: 286
Last post August 22, 2011, 06:21:03 PM
by Rana