Author Topic: Syrian Opposition Meeting in Istanbul had an Assyrian Rep.  (Read 1512 times)

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Syrian Opposition Meeting in Istanbul had an Assyrian Rep.
« on: June 02, 2011, 09:45:40 AM »
I read on an Arabic website (will provide the source later) that amongst the many personalities present at a recent Syrian opposition meeting in Istanbul, Turkey, was an Assyrian politician representing one of the Assyrian parties in Syria.

Although it is a tricky situation for our people in Syria, they still have to be part of any opposition movement that may be formed. Should the Syrian regime fall, you don't want Assyrians to be excluded and not be given any voice in any new Syria (whatever form it takes)

As much as I wanted the current Syrian government to stay, I am afraid the attrocities their forces have committed in the last few weeks, won't go unheard or unpunished.

ASHOOR

-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline Rumtaya

• Mid-Level Member
Re: Syrian Opposition Meeting in Istanbul had an Assyrian Rep.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 04:04:11 PM »
I read on an Arabic website (will provide the source later) that amongst the many personalities present at a recent Syrian opposition meeting in Istanbul, Turkey, was an Assyrian politician representing one of the Assyrian parties in Syria.

Although it is a tricky situation for our people in Syria, they still have to be part of any opposition movement that may be formed. Should the Syrian regime fall, you don't want Assyrians to be excluded and not be given any voice in any new Syria (whatever form it takes)

As much as I wanted the current Syrian government to stay, I am afraid the attrocities their forces have committed in the last few weeks, won't go unheard or unpunished.

ASHOOR

The Goverment wont just fall. I am sure that if the Alawites are kicked out of Damaskus, they will grab themselves some area on the western coasat (where they consist the majority) and form their own state. Or they will go down into a total civil war, since the taken down of alewits might turn out into a massacre against them by the sunni majority.

Offline A.G

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 05:55:40 PM »
Dear Ashur

As I always say, it's the same Iraqi Scenario of Iraq, now the Syrian kurdo-islamic groups (not "opposition"), including ADO, failed to present a future program for Syria and are divided (hopefully always).

And believe me if the Syrian regime falls (Ashur forbid), there will be an Assyrian "representative" but not an Assyrian "representation", just like Iraq.

Every Assyrian nationalist (From Syria, Iraq, Turkey, Iran) should demonstrate supporting the current regime who is the only pacifier for the kurdo-islamic groups in Syria.

A.G
All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become. (Buddha)

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 05:55:40 PM »

Offline Nina

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 09:48:28 PM »
Whomever is that individual who was present at that meeting, he is not Assyrian just another kurdish puppet, this time in Syria.

We do not have representatives, what we have are kurdish mouthpieces whether in Iraq or Syria, and as such there is no need for old rags.
ASSYRIA not a mere name but a state of mind,existence,history and identity

4. Meeting of Assyrian Syrian Chaldean Orgs

Started by ZawoyoBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 0
Views: 429
Last post March 01, 2011, 08:02:19 AM
by Zawoyo
Fights break out at Syrian opposition meeting

Started by ASHOORBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 1
Views: 446
Last post July 04, 2012, 02:59:30 PM
by ASHOOR
Assyrian Christians excluded from Syrian opposition

Started by ASHOORBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 5
Views: 574
Last post November 14, 2013, 08:44:59 PM
by Van Nuys
Assyrian man held in Syrian jail for 20 years....only now do we know!

Started by EnkiBoard Culture & History

Replies: 5
Views: 1306
Last post March 06, 2006, 06:23:43 PM
by Enki
Assyrian Men held in Syrian jail for 20 years....(sign petition)

Started by EnkiBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 19
Views: 2790
Last post July 21, 2006, 09:51:35 AM
by Enki