Author Topic: 2 dead, 14 injured in strikes on Christian homes in Iraq  (Read 1776 times)

Offline chaldean

• Mid-Level Member
2 dead, 14 injured in strikes on Christian homes in Iraq
« on: December 30, 2010, 02:12:54 PM »
2 dead in strikes on Christian homes in IraqFrom Jomana Karadsheh, CNN
December 30, 2010 -- Updated 1848 GMT (0248 HKT)

Baghdad (CNN) -- At least two people were killed and 14 others were wounded Thursday in a wave of bombings targeting Christian homes in Baghdad, an Interior Ministry official said.

The strikes appeared to be a coordinated because they all took place within an hour, the official said. Explosives were left outside and in the gardens of at least six homes across Iraq's sprawling capital.

It's not clear whether all of the casualties were Christians, but the assaults mirror the early morning bombings of Christian homes in Baghdad November 10.

In the east, in New Baghdad, at least two people were killed and three others were wounded. In central Baghdad, in the Karrada district, three people were wounded. There were two explosions in the gardens of homes in western Baghdad. In Yarmouk, a man was wounded in a blast and in Ameriya, two people were wounded.

In the southern region, in Dora, three people were wounded when a bomb went off in a garden.

In the southwestern Baghdad neighborhood of Saydiya, a bomb detonated after the doorbell was rung and residents opened the door. Two people were wounded in that attack.

The violence is the latest targeting the Christian minority in Iraq, which has a predominantly Muslim population.

Strikes in Baghdad and in Mosul in the north have generated great fear in the Christian community and have caused many people to leave their homes for other parts of Iraq or other countries.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/12/30/iraq.christians.attacks/index.html
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 02:15:44 PM by chaldean »

I Love Assyria

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Re: 2 dead, 14 injured in strikes on Christian homes in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 02:39:02 PM »
Terrible! They will do anything devilishly possible to cause fear and force our people out. 

If they can only found those behind these attacks and what their real motives are.

Of course we have all heard about the common motives (religious and ethnic agendas etc.)

But I have been hearing about other more evil and dirtier agendas, driven by the greed of the hot real estate market in Baghdad and wanting to take over the homes of Christians.

Which is why I have argued that the Iraqi government needs to legislate the protection of Christian homes or those of anyone who flees, those these thugs can't just scare people into leaving and then come and take over the house.

ASHOOR
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline Burlington City

Who really really cares
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 04:29:14 PM »
The target is easy to take, the Islamic society will not let this chance go away.  The fault rest at Younadam Kenna, and many others whom wanted to become leaders for Assyrian, yet, when the chance came, in 2003, they divided Assyrian by many names to the point, it deleted their existance, and became called as Christian, with no rights for their own human rights, and rights of being the indigenous people of Assyria, the land of Iraq, Syria, west Iran, east Turkey, Lebanon, Israel, north Egypt.

From the point of military strategy, Assyrian will not survive, unless they stand for their unity, for their language, for their rights, for their self-governed and be armed.

When is time for war, it is time for war.  Unfortunatly, dancing around with the slash name, and with political correctness is deadly.  Be who you are, Assyrian, and be proud of who you are, the Assyrian. 

I am sure, the rise of arm, and fighting those terrorist, without being affilated to anyone, except for self Assyria autonomy, will be the only way to win, survive and be who you really are, with freedom and dignity.

Islamic is a virus to humanity, and continue to be so.  Mohammad himself was a man, but later became a devil, that his virus annexed nations, and called them, Islamic nations, yet, they are not.

I will pray for them, and I will pray for you when you get killed by those Islamic terrorists, I promise.

If you need more than my pray, show me the unity, and you will see the rise of Assyrian deterrant force.

Assyrian Voice Forum

Who really really cares
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 04:29:14 PM »

Offline chaldean

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 05:16:05 AM »
Another one. Notice how the victims now are all old people. That's becaus there aren't any young Assyrians left in Baghdad or Mosul. All this, happening under Zowaa Demoqreta Arabeta's watch. Where are all of you that voted for them? Why have you dissapered? Where's the outrage? If this is incident happened in Ankawa, you would be jumping up and down and using every curse words against Kurds.
The direction Zowaa has headed our nation to has been a path of self destruction. Instead of organizating demonstrations in Nineveh Plains for the demand of (any kind of) self-rule, they continue to sit on their ass.

Gunman kill Christian woman in her Baghdad home
By SAAD ABDUL-KADIR
The Associated Press
Monday, January 3, 2011; 4:06 AM

BAGHDAD -- Iraqi officals say a Christian woman was killed after gunmen broke into her house in downtown Baghdad.

The assault is the latest in a string of attacks on Iraq's dwindling Christian community since 68 people died in the October siege of a Baghdad church.

A police official said gunmen broke into the woman's house in Baghdad's Karradah district at dawn Monday.

Police said they shot the woman, who is believed to have been in her 50s, and stole cash and gold.

Police added that the incident is under investigation and is considered an armed robbery.

Officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release the information.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/03/AR2011010300575.html
I Love Assyria

Offline baklawa

• Golden Member
  • No puppets allowed
    • Assyrian Aid Society of America
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 11:54:40 AM »
Another one. Notice how the victims now are all old people. That's becaus there aren't any young Assyrians left in Baghdad or Mosul. All this, happening under Zowaa Demoqreta Arabeta's watch. Where are all of you that voted for them? Why have you dissapered? Where's the outrage? If this is incident happened in Ankawa, you would be jumping up and down and using every curse words against Kurds.
The direction Zowaa has headed our nation to has been a path of self destruction. Instead of organizating demonstrations in Nineveh Plains for the demand of (any kind of) self-rule, they continue to sit on their ass.

Who organized all the protests worldwide after the Baghdad bombings while you were with your kurdi pals?  Who were the ones talking to the media, meeting with government officials (both in Iraq and the diaspora)?  Only a fool like you would call the only party to fight the baathists "arabeta" and only a kurdish wh0re would believe that the only way to self-determination is through "kurdistan."  Khoosh tamirah ganookh boosh spy.  
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:51:11 AM by the_dave »
"January 2010, the nail in the coffin, the day Zowaa will die." Hilarious prediction posted by "chaldean."
March 2010: Zowaa wins 3 out of 5 seats in the Iraqi Parliament!

Offline chaldean

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 01:51:49 PM »
Hey ...
What have you and your family owned Zowaa have accomplished with your ''demonstrations''? How has it changed the situation of the desperate ones in Baghdad and Mosul? Talk talk talk, full bull****, no solution, only continuation of self destruction.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:20:21 PM by ASHOOR »
I Love Assyria

Offline baklawa

• Golden Member
  • No puppets allowed
    • Assyrian Aid Society of America
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 02:04:40 PM »
Hey pig.
What have you and your family owned Zowaa have accomplished with your ''demonstrations''? How has it changed the situation of the desperate ones in Baghdad and Mosul? Talk talk talk, full bull****, no solution, only continuation of self destruction.

You don't even know what you're saying, you're just that stupid and spiteful.  You're naive and politically inept, without the slightest understanding of our history or political realities.  You are no different than the baathists before you who simply wanted the easy way out.  Just run into the arms of those who flash some easy cash in front of you and give you a bunch of empty promises.  Yeah, your blame-it-all-on-Zowaa strategy is so much smarter.  Bombing of church in Egypt?  All Zowaa's fault.  Pakistani Christian woman stoned to death by muslims?  Yonadam Kanna's fault.  You've sold your soul, a pathetic minion without an ounce of dignity who has fallen for the laughable kurd vs. arab fake battle outlined by your masters. I pity you.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 02:06:12 PM by baklawa »
"January 2010, the nail in the coffin, the day Zowaa will die." Hilarious prediction posted by "chaldean."
March 2010: Zowaa wins 3 out of 5 seats in the Iraqi Parliament!

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 02:13:25 PM »
First he claims no demonstrations were made. After you replied to him he states the demonstrations did not help. A troll, and a sold soul. Do not even bother answering to such naive people.
“Their enemies had realized their national potential long before the Assyrians themselves. The enemy was not afraid of good farmers, good parents, good church-going parishioners...the enemy was afraid of Assyrians wrapped in nationhood.”

-Mount Semele, Ivan Kakovitch

Offline xxSanhoxx

• Assyrian Youth Federation of Middle Europe
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 02:44:45 PM »
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/03/rafah-butros-toma-christian-who-survived-iraqi-church-attack-k/?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook

please, remove the comments which aren't related to this topic. read the story of Rafah Butros Toma. I'm so sad.

"..To be an Assyrian is to feel: The past is my heritage I shall forget it not; the present, my responsibility; the future, my challenge." - Dr. David Barsum Perley

Offline jacob

• Special Member
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 07:27:31 PM »
Hey pig.

You've been owned once again.  Every time you come here to talk your sh*t you get beat back down so quickly that it's honestly laughable that you keep popping up out of your cesspool.

I'm amazed that you actually have the audacity to come and dance on the graves of the innocent dead for political gain and cheap shots.  You are the lowest of the low.  Keep dancing and using the name of the Assyrian dead while that red, green, and yellow dildo goes further and further up your ass.  Those martyrs achieve more in death than you ever will in life.

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 10:22:39 PM »
Guys, let us talk professionally. I had to edit a few posts already.

We all want what is best for our people and nation, and our affiliation or support of a certain party doesn't mean we don't care.

It is time for unity and not being partisan.

ASHOOR
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Assyrians Mourn Demise of Christian Churches in Iraq

Started by Free_AssyriaBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 8
Views: 1278
Last post September 07, 2007, 05:05:08 PM
by Rumtaya
MOVED: Christian Killed in Iraq in Response to Pope's Speech: Islamic Website

Started by SalemBoard Culture & History

Replies: 0
Views: 559
Last post September 17, 2006, 06:36:42 AM
by Salem