Author Topic: Congratulations to Sargon Lazar: new Assyrian Minister in Iraq  (Read 8262 times)

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Congratulations to Sargon Lazar: new Assyrian Minister in Iraq
« on: December 20, 2010, 11:52:03 PM »
Great news guys!

Sargon Lazar, the former Ashur TV director, has been chosen by the Iraqi PM to head the Ministry of Environment  :)

Sargon Lazar, whom I had the pleasure of meeting here in Toronto, is Younadam Kanna's nephew as well as member of Zowaa's central committee.

And it all started for Sargon Lazar in Kerkuk in the early 1990s, when he was one of the first founders of the Chaldo-Assyrian Student Association. So as you can see, very well-deserved, he has been through a lot and has got what it takes.

Very happy for Mr.Lazar, Zowaa and our people in general.

Sure this may be more symbolic in nature, but it does count for a lot. At least we are being recognized to be given our own ministry.

Wish Sargon Lazar best of luck in his new position. And trust me, this is not an easy position, seeing how Iraq has been ran in the last few decades.

Here is a picture I, along with the student association here in Toronto (ACSSU) took with Sargon last year.

Here is a photo album with pictures from Sargon Lazar's visit to Toronto last year to promote Ashur TV.

ASHOOR

-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline Senalco

Re: Congratulations to Sargon Lazar: new Assyrian Minister in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 03:36:06 AM »
Ministry for Environment!!! what a Friggin Joke hahahahaha

How about the Ministry for Defence?  :blink:

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 07:36:58 AM »
Congratulations, may you represent us well :)
“Their enemies had realized their national potential long before the Assyrians themselves. The enemy was not afraid of good farmers, good parents, good church-going parishioners...the enemy was afraid of Assyrians wrapped in nationhood.”

-Mount Semele, Ivan Kakovitch

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 07:36:58 AM »

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 09:37:39 AM »
Many people may think that Sargon Lazar got this position due to his relationship to Younadam Kanna (his nephew) but that is not true. Here is his resume which speaks for itself.

-Born in 1973, married with 3 daughters
-Graduated from the University of Mosul with a degree in civil engineering

Political Background

-Member of Zowaa, and in opposition movements since 1991
-1992-1998: Active leader and member of the ChaldoAssyrian Student association Iraq
-A founding member of the 'Babylon Aid Society'
-2004: A representative from the province of Kerkuk in the High Commission for the Iraqi National Council
-2005: Candidate for the Rafidayn list in the elections for Kerkuk Provincial coucil
-2005: Candidate for the Rafidayn list in the elections for the Iraqi elections
-2003-2008: Participating member in the 'National Reconciliation Council'
-2003-2008: Member on various committees to resolve the outstanding issues and crisis in Kerkuk

-Work and Career

-1998-1999: An Engineer in the Public Works Ministry in the KRG
-2000-2003: Engineer in the Department of Electricity, Ministry of Energy and Industry in the KRG
-2003: Member for the first provincial council in Kerkuk
-2003-2005: Elected member to the Kerkuk Privincial Council
-2003-2005: Elected, Kerkuk Deputy Mayor for City Infrastructure and Planning
-2008-2010: Director and Manager of Ashur TV

-------------------------------------------
In Arabic:

تسنم المهندس سركون لازار صليو حقيبة وزارة البيئة في تشكيلة الحكومة العراقية التي نالت ثقة البرلمان يوم 21-12-2010 م، والسيد سركون لازار عضو المكتب السياسي لحركتنا الديمقراطية الاشورية تولد عام 1973 في كركوك حاصل على شهادة البكالوريوس من جامعة الموصل في الهندسة المدنية للعام 1997 وهو متزوج واب لثلاثة بنات.

النشاط السياسي والاجتماعي:

- منتظم في صفوف الحركة الديمقراطية الاشورية منذ اذار 1991 ، ومشارك في انتفاضة اذار الباسلة.

- 1997 ملتحق بالمعارضة في اربيل وكادر قيادي في الحركة الديمقراطية الاشورية.

- 1992 - 1997 قيادي في مجال العمل الطلابي.

- 1998 - 2000 قيادي في اتحاد الطلبة والشبيبة الكلدواشوري.

- عضو مؤسس لجمعية بابل الخيرية.

- ممثل منتخب لمحافظة كركوك عضوا في الهيئة العليا للاعداد للمؤتمر الوطني التي انبثق منها الجمعية الوطنية العراقية المؤقتة 2004.

- 2005 مرشح قائمة الرافدين لمجلس محافظة كركوك.

- 2006 مرشح قائمة الرافدين لمجلس النواب العراقي عن محافظة كركوك.

- عضو مشارك في انشطة المصالحة الوطنية في محافظة كركوك 2003 لغاية 2008.

- عضو مشارك في مؤتمرات وطنية واقليمية لاحتواء الازمة في كركوك 2003 لغاية 2008.

الخبرة والوظائف:

- 1998 - 1999 مهندس في وزارة الاشغال العامة لاقليم كردستان العراق.

- 2000 - 2003  مهندس في المديرية العامة للكهرباء - وزارة الصناعة والطاقة في اقليم كردستان العراق.

- نيسان 2003 عضو في اول مجلس لمحافظة كركوك .

- ايار 2003 - شباط 2005 عضو منتخب لمجلس محافظة كركوك من مؤتمر وجهاء وشخصيات كركوك.

- حزيران 2003- نيسان 2005 معاون محافظ كركوك منتخب لشوؤن الهيكلية والتخطيط الحكومي.

- تموز 2008 - اب 2010 مدير عام فضائية اشور.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 09:22:43 AM by ASHOOR »

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 09:39:41 AM »
So as you can see, he is young and already has an impressive career. And honestly, I had no idea he was an engineer.

I couldn't have chosen a better candidate, although Ashur TV will miss his experience. I wonder who will replace him?

ASHOOR

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 09:57:44 AM »
Ministry for Environment!!! what a Friggin Joke hahahahaha

How about the Ministry for Defence?  :blink:

Sunnis would never give that up, just like the Shi'ttes would never give up the Interior ministry, or the Kurds giving up the Foreigh Ministry.

ASHOOR

Offline GreenTea

• God made me GAY! <3
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 12:04:41 PM »
This is cool

Is he a Tree-Hugger? I am one :)

I hope he is, Iraq needs more tree.

Offline RebelRebel

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 11:08:28 PM »
It's interesting how he's Kanna's nephew and he's getting a gig like this. He is although a well educated person. I want to point that out. And it's also nice to see.

What about the other well qualified Zowaa members? I wonder what they get in return for Kanna?

It seems to me that if your not in Kanna's inner circle, there isn't much you can do for Zowaa. Unless you wanna bark at some Atranayee ...  :giggle:

R.

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 11:29:15 PM »
It's interesting how he's Kanna's nephew and he's getting a gig like this. He is although a well educated person. I want to point that out. And it's also nice to see.

What about the other well qualified Zowaa members? I wonder what they get in return for Kanna?

It seems to me that if your not in Kanna's inner circle, there isn't much you can do for Zowaa. Unless you wanna bark at some Atranayee ...  :giggle:

R.

It’s nice to see that you care so much about other zowaa candidates
"The World has no glory without the Assyrians"

Offline Blockness

• The Flickering Light of Asia
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 08:57:46 AM »
What about the Mayor of Tel Kaif? what about the former minister of migration? what about the KRG or Iraqs members of parliament? what about the Iraqi Ambassador to the Phillipenes? are these top ranking officials ( all assigned by ADM) In "Kanna's inner circle"

Do we really have to be like that and make it look like he got the position because of his personal relations with Younadem Kanna and not because of his education or his life long duty to our people?

Anyways, even though the Ministry of Environment is not enough it will still help. Congratulations to Mr Sargon Lazar

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 09:19:17 AM »
What about the Mayor of Tel Kaif? what about the former minister of migration? what about the KRG or Iraqs members of parliament? what about the Iraqi Ambassador to the Phillipenes? are these top ranking officials ( all assigned by ADM) In "Kanna's inner circle"

Do we really have to be like that and make it look like he got the position because of his personal relations with Younadem Kanna and not because of his education or his life long duty to our people?

Anyways, even though the Ministry of Environment is not enough it will still help. Congratulations to Mr Sargon Lazar

Brother, given some people's dislike for Zowaa and its leader, you knew this was coming. It is all about the optics, and no matter how educated and experienced Sargon is, you know some people would link his appointment to his blood relationship to Mr.Kanna.

I would accept the criticism only if Mr. Lazar wasn't as educated and politically experienced. I would then think that this was likely due to his relationship to Younadam Kanna. But it is not in this case.

Some people have asked "why not other Zowaa members for this position?" and sure, why not? well, there is a lot of things to consider. First of all, they may have a wealth of experience in Zowaa and Assyrian politics, but do they have the technical and provincial experience to be a minister? As you can read above, Mr.Lazar is one of the most qualified, given his business and political credentials.

Not to mention, Sargon Lazar is fairly young and it is time to prepare him for the future. He speaks English fluently, is a great public speaker, has been to different conferences abroad, all of which will help him as a minister.

Is he the best Assyrian man for the job? I don't know exactly, but I do know he is certainly one of the best out there. Unfortuately, his close relationship to Younadam Kanna will put this new hiring under scrutiny by the critics and haters of Zowaa.

Me personally, and whether it is Sargon Lazar or someone else, this is a great thing for Assyrians.

ASHOOR

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 06:54:34 AM »
Great news guys!

Sargon Lazar, the former Ashur TV director, has been chosen by the Iraqi PM to head the Ministry of Environment  :)

Sargon Lazar, whom I had the pleasure of meeting here in Toronto, is Younadam Kanna's nephew as well as member of Zowaa's central committee.

And it all started for Sargon Lazar in Kerkuk in the early 1990s, when he was one of the first founders of the Chaldo-Assyrian Student Association. So as you can see, very well-deserved, he has been through a lot and has got what it takes.

Very happy for Mr.Lazar, Zowaa and our people in general.

Sure this may be more symbolic in nature, but it does count for a lot. At least we are being recognized to be given our own ministry.

Wish Sargon Lazar best of luck in his new position. And trust me, this is not an easy position, seeing how Iraq has been ran in the last few decades.

Here is a picture I, along with the student association here in Toronto (ACSSU) took with Sargon last year.

Here is a photo album with pictures from Sargon Lazar's visit to Toronto last year to promote Ashur TV.

ASHOOR

Of course Youndam Kanna´s nephew, who else is gonna be if its not his own family and I wonder if Youndam kanna got this ideas from Barzani to put his own nephew on minsterpost like Barzani self has done:) Talking about family policy:) well done zowaa lover

Offline xxSanhoxx

• Assyrian Youth Federation of Middle Europe
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 08:42:11 AM »
you are so poor in your arguments. fantastic.

only one thing to say: We should be happy of an Assyrian dictator in CURRENT Iraq who is able to chose a ministry for us and put the minister by himself. And thank you that you believe so much in Superhero Yonadam, that he is working and able to get another ministry for us.

:bangin:
"..To be an Assyrian is to feel: The past is my heritage I shall forget it not; the present, my responsibility; the future, my challenge." - Dr. David Barsum Perley

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 09:58:57 AM »
Tell you something guys: although the majority of people have been happy with this new position and ministry given to Assyrians, I have also seen a few negative ones as usual (including here and on Paltalk) and have come to the following conclusion: even if Assyrians were to achieve the ultimate goal, get their own Assyrian country back, as long as Younadam Kanna or Zowaa is involved, they won't be happy. It is as simple as that, and we should use this criteria from now on when evaluating how some Assyrians react to certain things.

IN other words, want them to hate something? you can post something in Chinese, as long as you include the word "Zowaa" or "Kanna" , you can rest assured they won't like what they read (even if it is in Chinese and don't understand it)

Having said that, it doesn't look like Mr.Kanna, Zowaa and others care for what the haters say, otherwise they wouldn't be in the high positions they are in now, nor would they have 3 Assyrian seats in the governments and their own ministry, all of which would seem like a dream just a few years ago.

Of course like I said earlier, as happy as I am with this great accomplishment, it doesn't matter much as long as our people are not safe and being killed everyday. Sargon Lazar may be a minister, he is not in a position to directly help stop the targeting of our people.

ASHOOR

ASHOOR

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 10:05:27 AM »
And again I say it, if Sargon Lazar wasn't as educated, politically and technically experienced as he is, I would be the first one to voice my displeasure on this.

Some people on Paltalk have foolishly compared this to the Saddam days, and how he used to appoint his own (UNEDUCATED) cousins and family to the government. Well hello, you must be an idiot to make that comparison between Saddam's appointment of his illiterate and bloodthirsty cousins to positions of powers and that of the educated, experienced and patriotic Sargon Lazar to the position of minister.

Moreover, the PM could have simply refused to make Mr.Lazar into a minister and asked to appoint someone else. The final decision is in his hand and not in the hand of Zowaa or anyone else.

ASHOOR

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 10:54:45 AM »
Thanks Ashoor for constantly sharing delightful information with us. And once again, congratulations to all Assyrians and Sargon Lazar for making history.
“Their enemies had realized their national potential long before the Assyrians themselves. The enemy was not afraid of good farmers, good parents, good church-going parishioners...the enemy was afraid of Assyrians wrapped in nationhood.”

-Mount Semele, Ivan Kakovitch

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 11:06:51 AM »
You are welcome Hanuni, glad people are ready our posts on here.

And guys, let us not forget the killer mustache, makes him look very ready for the job! haha

ASHOOR

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 11:10:26 AM »
Ashoor, is not about been educated, we do have more eductated people in both Zowaa and in generall, but why does Youndam Kanna choice his own nephew on this post? is abvouis, thats how dictators does, they choice their family members like Barzani and Saddam.

But of course zowaa lover will always critize us, cause you are blinde or you get paid, you just dont care...

Offline xxSanhoxx

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 11:15:36 AM »
Ashoor, do you get money from Zowaa?
Or are you a relative of Y. Kanna?
Please, tell us. Or you, Hanuni?
Or you, Zawoyo?
Or you, Waleeta?
Or you, Blockness?
baklawa?
:
:
:
:
:
And you, thousands of other educated open-minded assyrians?

Ok, all are. This is the answer.
"..To be an Assyrian is to feel: The past is my heritage I shall forget it not; the present, my responsibility; the future, my challenge." - Dr. David Barsum Perley

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 11:19:48 AM »
Ashoor, is not about been educated, we do have more eductated people in both Zowaa and in generall, but why does Youndam Kanna choice his own nephew on this post? is abvouis, thats how dictators does, they choice their family members like Barzani and Saddam.

But of course zowaa lover will always critize us, cause you are blinde or you get paid, you just dont care...

I refuse to answer you because I already did and I don't have time to repeat an answer 10 times. Even if it is not about education and exprience, it is still more than just his relationship to Kanna.

Poor Sargon Lazar, he should kill himself because he is related to Mr.Kanna.

Grow up man, weethalakhun raba pakhta... basakhun...shkurun alaha qam tawelan kha wazer qerya, shoq tawelan eeqara w shohara beye...

ASHOOR

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 11:21:53 AM »

I get paid or maybe Zowaa gets paid by me, with all my donations to Ashur TV, Assyrian Aid Society etc.?

In theory, we shouldn't respond to you because it is a waste of time. But we will, because maybe, just maybe, we will put some logic into you. That is my Christmas wish...

ASHOOR
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 11:34:25 AM by ASHOOR »

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 11:35:59 AM »

I refuse to answer you because I already did and I don't have time to repeat an answer 10 times. Even if it is not about education and exprience, it is still more than just his relationship to Kanna.

Poor Sargon Lazar, he should kill himself because he is related to Mr.Kanna.

Grow up man, weethalakhun raba pakhta... basakhun...shkurun alaha qam tawelan kha wazer qerya, shoq tawelan eeqara w shohara beye...

ASHOOR

Than why are we critizing other people being dicator when we have one among us:) what more should Mr Youndam Kanna do for his family and for his friends:) building houses, their companies in Dahok and Arbil....

sure you will be against me...cause iam not supporting zowaa...

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 11:40:59 AM »
Heran beyakhun: At times, you guys accuse Kanna or having too many Chaldeans and Syriacs in Zowaa. Other times, you accuse him of catering to the religious clergy. And now, you are telling me he is doing favors for his relatives? When was the last time another one of his relatives or family was appointed a minister or to another high position? and he cerainly can't stop them from joining Zowaa.

If I was in Mr. Kanna's position, and I have a nephew (or even a brother) who is as educated, experience and ready, I would certainly do the same thing. I can cerainly pick someone else if they are just as educated, but maybe I want to keep the other people for other positions in Zowaa? Mr.Lazar already had more provincial experience than he does with running Zowaa, so why not allocate him to the more important position, one in which he already has lots of experience.

What a waste of time, but hopefully this is not just for you (because you just won't get it) but for others who will ask the same question like you.

ASHOOR

Offline sargonthedon

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 07:15:35 PM »
Than why are we critizing other people being dicator when we have one among us:) what more should Mr Youndam Kanna do for his family and for his friends:) building houses, their companies in Dahok and Arbil....

sure you will be against me...cause iam not supporting zowaa...

Of all the 100's of posts that I've read of yours, exactly zero make sense.

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with this post but i bet you have no friends lol!

Hadeeya khoosh joor oo dmookh lol 

Offline xxSanhoxx

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2010, 07:49:20 PM »
Ashoor, do you get money from Zowaa?
Or are you a relative of Y. Kanna?
Please, tell us. Or you, Hanuni?
Or you, Zawoyo?
Or you, Waleeta?
Or you, Blockness?
baklawa?
:
:
:
:
:
And you, thousands of other educated open-minded assyrians?

Ok, all are. This is the answer.

Do you think they will tell you about what they are recieving from Zowaa? even if they get money from zowaa I dont care, its not only about that, you see, our people are getting in the same train as other nation in middleeast, our leaders will run our parties for ever, like ADM and Youndam Kanna been runing ADM for decades. We are behaving like arabs,kurds and Iranians...

Offline Phenomenon

• Mid-Level Member
    • Personal Site
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 09:35:10 PM »
If Mr Kanna is a really honest politician, he would resign in protest for how Assyrians are treated in the country. That would signal the whole world that things are not well regarding the Assyrians.

Instead, he is talking about the successful Iraqi democracy while all the other groups are taking their share from the country.

From being 1,5 M assyrians in the country at 2004. Now they are only 400 000. After a few years, there are no Assyrians that Mr Kanna can "represent".

Sure, Take advantage of the situation and and employ relatives while it's possible.

Offline Blockness

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 02:02:34 PM »
I never knew Younadem Kanna was that powerful. Do you really think for one second 1 man resigning from parliament for the mistreatment of Assyrians would "signal the whole world that things are not well regarding the Assyrians"? The political process would continue and there would be slaves representing us. Not an Assyrian Movement that has done everything it could for its people.

Why wont the Turkmen resign for their mistreatment? Hundreds if not thousands have died. What about the Yezidi or Shabaks who have been mistreated?

Regarding Sargon Lazars appointment, more then 5 names were sent to the Prime Minister, after he chose Sargon Lazar the central committee of ADM had to approve his nomination. This is what we call democracy, not all of us live in lala land and have ridiculous theories

Why do you think nobody replies to any of your stupid posts? because we are sick and tired of proving fools wrong. No matter what you hate ADM no matter what you hate Younadem Kanna. Now that we are getting a small force you cowards are releasing your venom again saying that Younadem kanna wants to arm us now and get us killed by Kurds and Arabs.

Offline Phenomenon

• Mid-Level Member
    • Personal Site
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 07:49:01 PM »
Are you ok?
Can u name ONE good thing he accomplished during the years in the green zone?

Offline Blockness

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 08:50:22 PM »
Name me one good thing ANY politician did in the green zone? including those with billions of dollars and a military machine behind them?.

Im not here to do your homework, stop playing video games and do some research. For one simple member he has done an excellent job. You are just an inconsiderate emotional national who wants Assyria and nothing else, without understanding anything about politics and nation building.

Assyrian Iraqi Minister Sargon Lazar survives Assassination Attempt

Started by ASHOORBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 3
Views: 1590
Last post December 01, 2011, 05:55:41 PM
by ASHUR
Assyrian minister Sargon Lazar entourage attacked by terrorists in Baghdad

Started by ASHOORBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 2
Views: 721
Last post February 09, 2013, 05:46:38 PM
by AshurayaPlasha