Author Topic: Assyrian Group Briefs EU Parliament Delegation On Iraq  (Read 1305 times)

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Assyrian Group Briefs EU Parliament Delegation On Iraq
« on: December 03, 2010, 10:33:47 PM »
The Iraq Delegation of the European Parliament had invited ACE to attend and participate in a panel discussion regarding the ethno-religious minorities of Iraq.

Opening the panel, Andrew Swan, of the Unrepresented Nations and Peoples Organization (UNPO) outlined the progress Iraq has made as a new democratic state, but said complacency was not an option when considering the plight of the ethnic minorities of Iraq.

Elaborating these sentiments and focusing on the issue of locally deriving a police force in the Nineveh Plains, Max Joseph of ACE presented a case for a truly representative Nineveh Plains Police Force. Referencing newly collected data which was distributed in a report to attendees, a critical problem regarding the representation of Assyrians in the police force of the Nineveh Plains was clear. The paper demonstrated Arabs and Kurds having a stranglehold on security in areas where they make up little of the population.

More on AINA

ASHOOR

-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline jonadona

• Golden Member
  • The town is back that way!
Re: Assyrian Group Briefs EU Parliament Delegation On Iraq
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 10:53:41 PM »
Whomever they are, they nailed it on the head.
turbulence is a fluid regime characterized by chaotic, stochastic property changes.

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 09:06:03 AM »
Jonadona, if I am finished with my study, come to me and you can get a therapy for free ;)
The Rights of Assyrians -UN Declaration
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDtB12aA8I

The existence of the Assyrian Nation & Nationality is a fact
http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=36862.0

̈I´m not interested in helping our ppl because I´m nationalistic, I´m interested because our ppl NEED help!

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 09:06:03 AM »

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 10:36:01 AM »
Jonadona, if I am finished with my study, come to me and you can get a therapy for free ;)

:loool:
“Their enemies had realized their national potential long before the Assyrians themselves. The enemy was not afraid of good farmers, good parents, good church-going parishioners...the enemy was afraid of Assyrians wrapped in nationhood.”

-Mount Semele, Ivan Kakovitch

Offline jonadona

• Golden Member
  • The town is back that way!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 07:29:55 PM »

I feel a little itch on my chest...  you think that's Assyria hatching?  OMG HIGH-FIVE

John can finally think I'm patriotic. woohoo!
turbulence is a fluid regime characterized by chaotic, stochastic property changes.