Author Topic: Toronto Black March - with pictures and videos  (Read 7061 times)

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Toronto Black March - with pictures and videos
« on: November 06, 2010, 09:56:13 PM »
We had a great rally today in Toronto, with over 1500 people coming out to be part of it!

The organizers did a great job!

To view All PICTURES, visit this LINK

To view All PICTURES, visit this LINK

ASHOOR
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 10:43:35 PM by ASHOOR »

-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline Lovemoon

• Ultimate Member
    • http://www.Lovemoon.com  <--- fake website lol
(Pictures) Peaceful Protest in Toronto
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 12:41:09 AM »

I stole these pics from FB to share them with you guys.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:48:27 AM by Lovemoon »
"No matter how ugly you think you are, that special someone that loves you believes you are the most beautiful and irresistable thing on earth and nothing can ever change that."
Leh Parshelan eatateh,o' lazeh shimma d' Matwateh , Kolan eawakh m kha baba o mkhda yima akhonwateh.
العراقي ذهب.....العراقية الماس...العراقي وفه ..العراقيةاحساس...رغم كل الضروف يبقون احسن ناس

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Re: Pictures of the Demonstration in Toronto
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 12:48:11 AM »
Beautiful pictures!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing lovemoon.

LOL@ tow truck with the Assyrian flag...haha, I actually saw him pass by but didn't see the Assyrian flag from the side.

Don't forget to view the ones I posted already:

http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=39840.0

And this video which I just uploaded:

Assyrian Iraqi-Christian Rally in Toronto, Canada against the Church Massacre in Baghdad, Iraq

ASHOOR

ASHOOR

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Assyrian Voice Forum

Re: Pictures of the Demonstration in Toronto
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 12:48:11 AM »

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Re: Pictures from the Rally Against Church Bombing - Toronto
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 12:48:47 AM »
And video:

Assyrian Iraqi-Christian Rally in Toronto, Canada against the Church Massacre in Baghdad, Iraq

ASHOOR

Offline Lovemoon

• Ultimate Member
Re: (Pictures) Peaceful Protest in Toronto
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 12:52:33 AM »
Sorry Ashoor, I didn't see your topic i would have post these pics there, but anyways u can move this topic there if u want :) 

"No matter how ugly you think you are, that special someone that loves you believes you are the most beautiful and irresistable thing on earth and nothing can ever change that."
Leh Parshelan eatateh,o' lazeh shimma d' Matwateh , Kolan eawakh m kha baba o mkhda yima akhonwateh.
العراقي ذهب.....العراقية الماس...العراقي وفه ..العراقيةاحساس...رغم كل الضروف يبقون احسن ناس

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 12:55:24 AM »
oh no worries, it is good to have it here too, because some people may not check that section.

ASHOOR

Offline MesopotamianGirl

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 08:48:31 AM »
Thank you Lovemoon & Ashoor I viewed all the pictures, very emotional.

"Build Assyria in your child, so one day he or she will build it for you" Anonymous

"58 innocent Christians killed in church execution.
Those left are haunted by evil, hate and persecution.
You saw it with your eyes help us it wasn't a delusion.
United we will stand screaming for a solution" "me"

" Devide in order to rule " <===is being implied on Iraqi politics by the intruders.

'What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.' Albert Einstein.

Offline Shemsha

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 10:39:37 AM »
So many ppl at this demonstration, but i dont see an assyrian flag nor do i read the name ASSYRIAN !
How can you guys prefer the iraqi muslim flag and put it above the assyrian flag ?
Who killed those in the church ?
Because of who does our ppl leave iraq ?
Who are the christians of iraq ? do they have an ethnicity ?
Assyrians ban themselves...this is the last what our nation needs !

Offline Lovemoon

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 11:51:49 AM »
this has nothing to do with being assyrian. People who died in this church didnt die because they are assyrian and this church is belong other christians who dont call themselvies assyrians. There are christians back home that are none assyrians for example Arminians arent assyrians. So this was for all the christians back home. We did this for our christians brothers and sisters that live in iraq and iraq flag is the only flag to reprsend that country.  I hope you understand my point. Also people that were in charge of this protests weren't Assyrians, so thry asked everyone to not reprsend any other flag but iraqi flag. And if you look at the pics again you still will find assyrian flag.  
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 11:58:43 AM by Lovemoon »

Offline MesopotamianGirl

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 12:51:03 PM »
This barbaric attack was on Chaldean Catholic Church, even if they majority of them don't consider or don't prefer to be called Assyrians. The participation in the demostrations now isn't about ethnicity, it's about we all working together against the hostile enviroment towards Iraq's Christian population and also to work against the intention to move the remaining Christians out of our homeland. For myself it's enough to participate in the protest for this even they won't consider themselves Assyrians. For sake of the mourners, for the sake of that syriac writing on the entrance wall of that church.   
"Build Assyria in your child, so one day he or she will build it for you" Anonymous

" Devide in order to rule " <===is being implied on Iraqi politics by the intruders.

'What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.' Albert Einstein.

Offline Enki

• Ron Paul 2012
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 01:11:26 PM »
This barbaric attack was on Chaldean SYRIANCatholic Church, even if they majority of them don't consider or don't prefer to be called Assyrians. The participation in the demostrations now isn't about ethnicity, it's about we all working together against the hostile enviroment towards Iraq's Christian population and also to work against the intention to move the remaining Christians out of our homeland. For myself it's enough to participate in the protest for this even they won't consider themselves Assyrians. For sake of the mourners, for the sake of that syriac writing on the entrance wall of that church.   

The attack was on the Syrian Catholic Church not the Chaldean Catholic Church of Babylon. Not that it really matters since they are both Christian Catholics and both christian groups have been attacked many times. But just for accuracy sake, I made the change.
"If you don't want to be criticized, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing!"

Offline MesopotamianGirl

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 02:08:36 PM »
Yeah thanks Enki for the correction.

Offline the_dave

• Simple living high thinking...
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 02:35:58 PM »
this is awesome, i hope this continues for a while...
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us - Always!

Offline Lovemoon

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 03:27:19 PM »
thank you guys :-)

Offline the_dave

Re: Pictures from the Rally Against Church Bombing - Toronto
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 05:24:04 PM »
for all the coming demonstrations!

DO NOT USE ANY OTHER FLAGS THAN THE ASSYRIAN PEOPLES OWN FLAGS. DO NOT LET ANYONE USE ANY ARAB/MUSLIM FLAG IN A DEMONSTRATION AGAINST THE MASSACRE AND OPPRESSION AGAINST ASSYRIANS. WE ARE FREE ASSYRIANS AND HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ARABS/MUSLIMS EXCEPT THAT THEY HAVE STOLEN OUR COUNTRY! YOU SHOULD RATHER USE THE FLAG OF THAT WESTERN COUNTRY YOU LIVE IN....

SPREAD THIS TO ALL ASSYRIANS ATTENDING DEMONSTRATIONS AGAINST THE MASSACRE. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us - Always!

Offline Shemsha

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 09:55:24 PM »
Dont forget 95 % of the demonstrators didnt went to this demonstration for christianity but for the Assyrian nation (Assyrians, Chaldeans, Syriacs)...but your so called "organizers"...etc.etc.

I will not go deep in this subject...at least you guys demonstrated, god bless you and god bless the christians of iraq (Armenians, Catholic Kurds, evangelic Kurds, christian Shabak, Assyrians, Chaldeans, Syriacs etc.) !

Take it easy plz...its often difficult for west assyrians to think like ur organizers !

Offline Lovemoon

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 10:52:51 PM »
Dont forget 95 % of the demonstrators didnt went to this demonstration for christianity but for the Assyrian nation (Assyrians, Chaldeans, Syriacs)...but your so called "organizers"...etc.etc.

I will not go deep in this subject...at least you guys demonstrated, god bless you and god bless the christians of iraq (Armenians, Catholic Kurds, evangelic Kurds, christian Shabak, Assyrians, Chaldeans, Syriacs etc.) !

Take it easy plz...its often difficult for west assyrians to think like ur organizers !

i am sorry to say that you r wrong, most of the demonstrators who went to this demonstration were for christianity. you should take it easy and not get angery cause there werent 1000000 assyrian flags  :mrgreen: be happy that there were couple of them. you guys don't live back home so you don't exactly know whats going on there.

Offline Shemsha

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 12:37:43 AM »
you won...for the sake of the assyrians in iraq, if its that what they want  :)

Offline New Corduene

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 07:25:26 AM »
Moving photos, my condolences to the families of the martyrs.

But I wonder, why so many Iraqi flags, but hardly any Assyrian. Why do Assyrians (to some degree) really attach themselves to an Arab Iraq. 

Offline Winged Bull

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 08:34:38 AM »
I THOUGHT THE PROTEST WAS TODAY ON NOVEMBER 8TH?!

WAT THE F*CK!?

Offline davidb

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 08:44:22 AM »
Moving photos, my condolences to the families of the martyrs.

But I wonder, why so many Iraqi flags, but hardly any Assyrian. Why do Assyrians (to some degree) really attach themselves to an Arab Iraq. 

Because many Assyrians see themselves as Arab, simple really.

Offline Naram-Sin

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 10:15:10 AM »
Going to the Chicago march today, hopefully I won't see any of the allah ackbar bull**** flags, the old flag doesn't bother me.  Also, there better be a bunch of Assyrian flags there.  The Assyrian flag represents us, so if you wanna identify yourself as an Assyrian that's the only flag that should matter.

Offline MesopotamianGirl

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 11:46:20 AM »
I understand that some people here want us Assyrians to distinguish ourselves from the etnicities in Iraq by waving our own flag. But I don't agree that waving the Iraqi flag in the demostration is wrong. It's the land we originate from meaning it's a part of us. I think it's ignorance if we always try to focus on such things and forget the important things.
The flag isn't stating the prophet "Mohammed", it's stating ALLAH AKBAR which means "God is the greatest" and all the three dominated religions Christianity, Juadism and Islam believe in monotheism. Many foreigners still are igonorant regarding the existence of Assyrians in Iraq, so waving an Iraqi flag and an Assyrian flag will arose awareness about our existence and struggle to be recognized as an autonomous group.
If this flag that many of our Assyrian martyrs died for during the many wars Iraq went through doesn't fill a function anymore then I think they wasted their blood. And make sure now that no other flags American, what so ever should be waved either because it's not ours and we don't originate from America!

Got me now!

Offline New Corduene

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 12:15:36 PM »
Because many Assyrians see themselves as Arab, simple really.

What an unfortunate fact.

So, how come some Assyrians see themselves as Arabs, whom are the ones butchering the Assyrians nowadays, whilst they hate Kurds when Kurds are better (more or less) towards Assyrians than Arabs at present...!!!

Offline baklawa

• Golden Member
  • No puppets allowed
    • Assyrian Aid Society of America
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 12:21:54 PM »
What an unfortunate fact.

So, how come some Assyrians see themselves as Arabs, whom are the ones butchering the Assyrians nowadays, whilst they hate Kurds when Kurds are better (more or less) towards Assyrians than Arabs at present...!!!

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
"January 2010, the nail in the coffin, the day Zowaa will die." Hilarious prediction posted by "chaldean."
March 2010: Zowaa wins 3 out of 5 seats in the Iraqi Parliament!

Offline New Corduene

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 12:23:55 PM »
I understand that some people here want us Assyrians to distinguish ourselves from the etnicities in Iraq by waving our own flag. But I don't agree that waving the Iraqi flag in the demostration is wrong. It's the land we originate from meaning it's a part of us. I think it's ignorance if we always try to focus on such things and forget the important things.
The flag isn't stating the prophet "Mohammed", it's stating ALLAH AKBAR which means "God is the greatest" and all the three dominated religions Christianity, Juadism and Islam believe in monotheism. Many foreigners still are igonorant regarding the existence of Assyrians in Iraq, so waving an Iraqi flag and an Assyrian flag will arose awareness about our existence and struggle to be recognized as an autonomous group.
If this flag that many of our Assyrian martyrs died for during the many wars Iraq went through doesn't fill a function anymore then I think they wasted their blood. And make sure now that no other flags American, what so ever should be waved either because it's not ours and we don't originate from America!

Got me now!

I must respectfully disagree.

The flag is not a religious icon to say whether what is written represents Islam or Christianity or Judaism....etc, but rather the emotional attachment and sentimental value that these flags carry with themselves and what they represent. You, as an Assyrian, have not originated from "Iraq", which at best, is an artificial name bound to an artificial border. Iraq today represents a country of Arabs, not Kurds or Assyrians, hence raising the Iraqi flag shows that you intend to bound and respect what the flag represents which is an Arab Iraq not your Assyrian history, culture, heritage and most importantly, plight.  

Offline New Corduene

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 12:27:30 PM »
Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Hmmm....!!! If you say so....

Offline Dalida

• Golden Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 12:28:09 PM »
We weren't allowed to bring Assyrian flags. We were told only country flags(Iraq,Canada). People still brought Assyrian flags but you don't see them much in the pictures.

Over all the protest was great. A lot of people came.
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
-Mother Teresa

Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane. -Phillip ****

Offline ASHUR

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 12:35:34 PM »
GREAT JOB CANADA!!

Looks like a HUGE turnout!!  Any idea how many people attended?
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 12:45:06 PM »
Ashur, I would estimate it at 1500-2000?

As Dalida said, this was one hell of a protest, regardless if you disagree with which flags were raised.

I am hoping that Chicago can beat this one and raise as many Assyrian flags as possible, since it is actually being organized by an Assyrian organization and not by a church which doesn't necessairily see itself as being Assyrian.

ASHOOR

Offline Naram-Sin

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2010, 05:28:46 PM »
Just came back from the Chicago protest, and the turn out was very good considering it was a work day and there was an issue with the transportation.  The Assyrian flags were everywhere, there were also allah ackbar flags, and the old school Iraqi flag.  Other flags were the Chaldean, Kuwaiti, and Armenian flags.

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2010, 06:07:15 PM »
Just came back from the Chicago protest, and the turn out was very good considering it was a work day and there was an issue with the transportation.  The Assyrian flags were everywhere, there were also allah ackbar flags, and the old school Iraqi flag.  Other flags were the Chaldean, Kuwaiti, and Armenian flags.

yeah thats ok, just as long as they didnt ban the Assyrian flag, in fact no flag should be banned.
"The World has no glory without the Assyrians"

Offline the_dave

Re: Toronto Black March - with pictures and videos
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 01:15:04 PM »
VERY IMPORTANT, READ AND RELAY THIS TO EVERYONE!
Alright guys I am writing this from the army, i will copy it a little bit everywhere on the forum so no one misses it. This is the only time i have access to Internet, until 18th November, so i will be gone for a while and unfortunately miss all the action, so you guys will have to fill me in when i am back.

The INTERNET is a powerful tool, let us use it even more! I have been looking up what has happened everywhere since yesterday. I just want to say, DAMN! this has just started, the momentum is perfect, and WE MUST keep this thing going for a very long time. These protest and demonstrations can not stop, we must make sure that they continue for weeks if possible for months, if wee keep doing this at all the important government places and keep on showing that we are tired of all the **** that we have endured and make them understand that we wont stop until someone cares, sooner or later they will have to care.

Let us demonstrate and protest AT LEAST once a week, let us show them that we mean business, they will listen! We must make sure that all assyrians help out on this now, you must reach out to everyone and tell them this, everything that is going on right now is a once in a lifetime opportunity and we can not let it slip away. Everyone that is in contact with leaders and people who arrange these demonstrations must reach out to them and make sure this massage is being relayed. There are assyrians in all the bigger cities in Europe and north America, it is not so hard if everyone keeps on doing this together. so we have plenty of people, and many more will probably join us in our campaign, WE CAN NOT STOP! LET THIS GO ON FOR MONTHS!

So it is up to each one of you to do everything possible so that this thing will be successful, you must help in all possible ways and make sure others sees this as well...

31.10.2010 "Black Sunday" - Baghdad Church Massacre. We will never forget, we will not be silent!
LET US NOT STOP BROTHERS AND SISTER! LET US CONTINUE WITH OUR BLACK MARCHES

See you on the 18th when i am back, to do everything that is possible from the Internet and hopefully gather more people and join the demonstrations in Sweden. good luck until then...

We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us - Always!

Toronto FC 3 - Chicago Fires 1 (with Videos and Pictures)

Started by ASHOORBoard Sports

Replies: 8
Views: 1399
Last post May 14, 2007, 03:17:06 PM
by assyrian_dude
Black March Pictures - London, Ontario, Canada

Started by Assyrian_SweetHeartBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 5
Views: 716
Last post November 24, 2010, 11:49:18 PM
by ASHOOR
Voting in Toronto: Pictures and Videos