Author Topic: Saddam Hussein aide Tariq Aziz sentenced to hang  (Read 6607 times)

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Saddam Hussein aide Tariq Aziz sentenced to hang
« on: October 26, 2010, 11:39:27 AM »
I was shocked when I saw this! I didn't know he would get it this bad too. Do you think his crimes were so bad that he deserves this?

ASHOOR
------------------------------
BAGHDAD – The international face of Saddam Hussein's regime, Tariq Aziz, was sentenced to death by hanging Tuesday for persecuting Shiites just over three months after the Americans transferred him to Iraqi government custody.

Iraqi High Tribunal spokesman Mohammed Abdul-Sahib did not say when the 74-year-old former foreign minister would go to the gallows. Aziz has 30 days to launch an appeal.

Aziz, the only Christian in Saddam's mainly Sunni inner circle, was wearing a blue suit and sat alone in the court. He bowed his head and frequently grasped the handrail in front of him, as the judge read out the verdict.

His Jordan-based lawyer, Badee Izzat Aref, accused the government of orchestrating the verdict to divert attention from recent revelations about prisoner abuse by Iraqi security forces contained in U.S. military documents released last week by the whistleblower site WikiLeaks.

"We are discussing this issue and what next step we should take," Aref told The Associated Press in Amman, the Jordanian capital. "This sentence is not fair and it is politically motivated."

Aziz became internationally known as the dictator's defender and a fierce American critic first as foreign minister after Iraq's invasion of Kuwait in 1990 and later as a deputy prime minister. His meeting with Secretary of State James A. Baker in Geneva in January 1991 failed to prevent the 1991 Gulf War. Aziz also met with the late Pope John Paul II at the Vatican weeks before the March 2003 U.S.-led invasion in a bid to head off that conflict.

Iraq has executed a number of high-profile members of Saddam's regime, including "Chemical Ali" al-Majid, Saddam's cousin, who earned his nickname for atrocities such as the deaths of an estimated 5,000 Kurds in a poison gas attack in 1988.

-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline the_dave

• Simple living high thinking...
Re: Saddam Hussein aide Tariq Aziz sentenced to hang
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 11:45:19 AM »
Yeah i saw it on the news, was just about to post it...

I don't know what to say, i don't think hanging him is the right decision...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 11:46:21 AM by the_dave »
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us - Always!

Offline xxSanhoxx

• Assyrian Youth Federation of Middle Europe
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 12:30:58 PM »
I hope he will burn in the hell!
"..To be an Assyrian is to feel: The past is my heritage I shall forget it not; the present, my responsibility; the future, my challenge." - Dr. David Barsum Perley

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 12:30:58 PM »

Offline jacob

• Special Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 01:13:42 PM »
I have no sympathy for him, but as someone opposed to capital punishment I can't agree with this decision.

And we shouldn't feel bad for him just cause he's Christian and Assyrian.  That's just stupid.

Offline the_dave

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 01:44:20 PM »
I think he is better alive, at least if problems or "mysteries" show up that has happen during the time of Saddam, maybe he could give info to solve them... Imagine how much he must know, since he was one of Saddams highest ranking men.
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us - Always!

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 05:15:33 PM »
You know what would be icing on the cake if they hang Sargis Aghajan along with him.
"The World has no glory without the Assyrians"

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 05:16:29 PM »
I have no sympathy for him, but as someone opposed to capital punishment I can't agree with this decision.

And we shouldn't feel bad for him just cause he's Christian and Assyrian.  That's just stupid.

I slightly agree with you Jacob, I don't think he should die because, even though he was involved in some crimes, it's because Saddam dragged him with him, and that he's being sentenced to death because he persecuted Shiites...

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 05:22:05 PM »
I slightly agree with you Jacob, I don't think he should die because, even though he was involved in some crimes, it's because Saddam dragged him with him, and that he's being sentenced to death because he persecuted Shiites...

Oh give us a break he was no saint he was satins right hand man.

Offline Knight

• Ultimate Member
  • Knight & JooJee
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 05:23:04 PM »
Iraq is no different to Texas!

I'm against the death penalty.
"The moral and religious system which Jesus Christ transmitted to us is the best the world has ever seen, or can see." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline baklawa

• Golden Member
  • No puppets allowed
    • Assyrian Aid Society of America
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 06:02:36 PM »
You know what would be icing on the cake if they hang Sargis Aghajan along with him.

:lmao: :lmao:

As to Tariq/Mikhael, whatever the hell his name is, they have to hang him.  They can't just kill off all the other members of Saddam's inner circle and leave the only christian out.  It would be too obvious and lead to even more conspiracy theories.  Not to mention that our people will end up paying for it if he isn't killed off.  For that last reason alone I don't think he should be spared.  
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:28:24 PM by baklawa »
"January 2010, the nail in the coffin, the day Zowaa will die." Hilarious prediction posted by "chaldean."
March 2010: Zowaa wins 3 out of 5 seats in the Iraqi Parliament!

Offline Ashuriena

• Ultimate Member
  • I have a crocodile in my pants.
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 06:14:41 PM »
He may not have directly killed someone, but he was an accessory to the crimes. I feel no sympathy.
I find out who sprayed it, and I'm puttin' you under the pavement. No Buddhist priest, Catholic or Baptist pastor can save him. I'm far from religious, but I got beliefs. So, I put canary yellow diamonds on my Jesus piece. - Game

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 07:02:56 PM »

He is NO Assyrian!
... and no Christian.

Such ppl like him and Sargis Agajan are not more than a pice of sh1t! They are like Hitler or Mussolini, just in Arabic and Kurdish version!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 07:05:40 PM by Zawoyo »
The Rights of Assyrians -UN Declaration
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDtB12aA8I

The existence of the Assyrian Nation & Nationality is a fact
http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=36862.0

̈I´m not interested in helping our ppl because I´m nationalistic, I´m interested because our ppl NEED help!

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 08:34:06 PM »
He is NO Assyrian!
... and no Christian.

Such ppl like him and Sargis Agajan are not more than a pice of sh1t! They are like Hitler or Mussolini, just in Arabic and Kurdish version!
your right, he's Chaldean  :razz:

Offline jacob

• Special Member
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 08:54:48 PM »
He is NO Assyrian!
... and no Christian.

Hitler was Christian too.

Offline GGBW

• Special Member
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 09:22:46 PM »
Congratulations Jacob, you just opened up a can of theology.

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 09:47:02 PM »

ha he didnt even say that.

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 11:18:47 PM »

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 03:08:24 AM »
I wonder what his wife and kids would think of what you and everybody else says.

I wonder what the wife and kids of the people that died under the brutal regime of Saddam with side kick mini me mofo Tariq Aziz would think of you for defending this coward?

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 08:22:15 AM »
He is NO Assyrian!
... and no Christian.

At least Agajan is helping our umta back home, he had been buidling villages to our people more than your zawoyo  leader had done, all zowaa had dan is taking money from our people in Diassporra and at the same time getting honoured...

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 08:25:55 AM »

so now its wrong been Chaldean ? ya kidding me?

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 08:53:34 AM »
By the way, I am not saying he shouldn't be hanged because he is Assyrian/Christian. Not at all. It is simply because we know how limited his role was, and don't think he directly caused anyone to be killed. Sure he had a big mouth in the propaganda to defend Saddam, but other than that, it is not like he ever held a gun to someone's head and killed them (at least not that I know of)

The Shi'ttes and Kurds basically want anything and anyone to do with the former regime to be eliminated.

ASHOOR
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline Concerned Assyrian

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 09:43:48 AM »
Although I do not believe capital punishment, let us not kid ourselves into thinking that Mikhail Yuhanna is any less a criminal than his Baathist comrades. His crimes against humanity are tantamount to Saddam himself. This man was the public face and apologist for his Baathist masters and lived a wonderful and luxurious life at the expense of a starving and harrowed Iraqi populace. Good riddance.
Disunited, dispersed in exile, and as dwindling minorities without full civil rights in their homelands, the Assyrians of today are in grave danger of total assimilation and extinction. In order to survive as a nation, they must now unite under the Assyrian identity of their ancestors. It is the only identity that can help them to transcend the differences between them, speak with one voice again, catch the attention of the world, and regain their place among the nations. Dr Simo Parpola

Offline Senalco

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 09:44:45 AM »
Just for the Record, Saddam did not drag nor force Aziz to commit any crimes...

Aziz is a True Baathi by faith and heart. He was a Baathi well before Saddam came to power and he strongly believed in Pan-Arab ideologies and unity.

His rise to power even though he was a Christian was due to the fact he was Loyal and worthy of Trust. Saddam Trusted him more than any of his relatives....

Aziz did a lot of harm to our Churches in Baghdad. Often he would refuse to intervene for his relatives who's sons were abducted and accused of Treason. In Fact, Aziz ran a network of Spy and turn your sons network in our Churches, Where some of our Bishops ( no names mentioned) used to Write reports about men who did not join up the Army and send it straight to Aziz..

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 02:50:19 PM »
At least Agajan is helping our umta back home, he had been buidling villages to our people more than your zawoyo  leader had done, all zowaa had dan is taking money from our people in Diassporra and at the same time getting honoured...

Yes, Hitler did the same and the result was that many people stand behind his crimes against humanity. I am not ready to sand behind a policy which is more good for Kurds than for Assyrians. And policy for Kurds and Arabs is in its nature against Assyrian policy.

̈I´m not interested in helping our ppl because I´m nationalistic, I´m interested because our ppl NEED help!

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 02:57:46 PM »
Yes, Hitler did the same and the result was that many people stand behind his crimes against humanity. I am not ready to sand behind a policy which is more good for Kurds than for Assyrians. And policy for Kurds and Arabs is in its nature against Assyrian policy.

so what policy? has Sarkis Agjan killed our people, or is he behind mass killing of our people? is that what you ADM lover think? what has zowaa/ADM done for our people?

ADM is still a member of Kurdistan regional goverment Parlement, which mean they accept occkupied Assyria as Kurdistan..

ADM: has very good relationship with KRG and specifically with Barzani ? this is not crime, cause he is working with and not for? is that what you think? then tell me what have Zowaa achieveb by working with KRG and Barzani?

Zowaa is supporting Kurds when it comes about Kirkuk..and so on...

what more do you need to know so you can see that the only idfferents btw Agajan and ADM/Zowaa is that Agajan building villages to our umta and at the same time helping kurds what about ADM? they are working with kurdayae and helping them but not buidling vilages or houses to our people..comoonn...

Offline Burlington City

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 04:32:06 PM »
No doubt, this Assyrian Christian ex-governmental minister worked with government that acts as other Islamic or dictator governments, from Syria, Iran, Jordan, etc.

He was not any good to Assyrian people, to the indigenous people the Assyrian, whom Iraq, and whole Asia Minor belonged to Assyrian, under the name Assyria.

However, this ex-governmental minister should not be put to hang him.  He is not an Islamic, and touching him in that fashion is a clear signal to Christian people, to Assyrian people, that Islamic is above you all.

Punishment of the ex-government minister should come from Assyrian judges, and Assyrian court,and since we, the Assyrian don`t have one, he should be place at International court.

Assyrian should take note of those Islamic, Arab and Kurdish whom continue killing Assyrian, even those whom were given them government jobs but with no power.

I don`t think this ex-governmental minister will survive, he will be hang before Christmas.   That how those Islamic Arab and Kurdish operate.

Offline Burlington City

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 04:36:36 PM »
Shame of so called Zowaa.  Only simple people support this organization that lies, and have worked against Assyrian self-independent region and government.  Shame on Zowaa 1000 times.

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2010, 05:10:19 PM »
Shame of so called Zowaa.  Only simple people support this organization that lies, and have worked against Assyrian self-independent region and government.  Shame on Zowaa 1000 times.

geez where did you pop out from? As soon as an anti adm comment is made you crawl out from underneath a rock. The shame is all yours.
This thread is not about Zowaa, and nothing about Tariq Aziz is Assyrian.

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 06:11:50 PM »
so what policy? has Sarkis Agjan killed our people, or is he behind mass killing of our people?

Damn YES! Kurdifying our ppl and country is the killing of Assyrianity.

is that what you ADM lover think? what has zowaa/ADM done for our people?
ADM is still a member of Kurdistan regional goverment Parlement, which mean they accept occkupied Assyria as Kurdistan..
ADM: has very good relationship with KRG and specifically with Barzani ? this is not crime, cause he is working with and not for? is that what you think? then tell me what have Zowaa achieveb by working with KRG and Barzani?
Zowaa is supporting Kurds when it comes about Kirkuk..and so on...
what more do you need to know so you can see that the only idfferents btw Agajan and ADM/Zowaa is that Agajan building villages to our umta and at the same time helping kurds what about ADM? they are working with kurdayae and helping them but not buidling vilages or houses to our people..comoonn...

Why do you speak about Zowaa now? Who has talked about Zowaa in this topic?
Who is more Kurdish in your eyes, Sargis or Zowaa? Of course Sargis! If Zowaa is "soo bad" than Sargis is much more bad ... so why do you start sentences with "at least sargis makes bla bla bla" ? Because Sargis is more a f1cker you had to write much more negative about Sargis but instead of that you are just complainting about Zowaa here and Zowaa there. Zowaa did many good things for our ppl too, but why it is so hard for you to speak about these good things of Zowaa and so easy to say "Sargis does this and that for our Omta" ???

And btw, just because my nick name is Zawoyo it doesn´t mean that its meaning is from the party Zowaa, its meaning is about the meaning of this word in combination with our nation, not more and not less.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:13:33 PM by Zawoyo »

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2010, 06:18:48 PM »

Thank you, not only that Zowaa have their members in Kurdish Parlement.......

and they were against self-independent region...

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2010, 06:22:57 PM »

Who is more Kurdish in your eyes, Sargis or Zowaa? Of course Sargis! If Zowaa is "soo bad" than Sargis is much more bad ... so why do you start sentences with "at least sargis makes bla bla bla" ? Because Sargis is more a f1cker you had to write much more negative about Sargis but instead of that you are just complainting about Zowaa here and Zowaa there. Zowaa did many good things for our ppl too, but why it is so hard for you to speak about these good things of Zowaa and so easy to say "Sargis does this and that for our Omta" ???

And btw, just because my nick name is Zawoyo it doesn´t mean that its meaning is from the party Zowaa, its meaning is about the meaning of this word in combination with our nation, not more and not less.

Sarkis Agajan is kurdfying our people by building villges to our people, sure...

but what have Zowaa done?  why on earth are Zowaa `s members in Kurdish Parlement? Accepting Kurdish Parlement means they accept ockupied Assyria as Kurdistan! is this not kurdfying?

Offline the_dave

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2010, 06:24:41 PM »
why on earth are Zowaa `s members in Kurdish Parlement? Accepting Kurdish Parlement means they accept ockupied Assyria as Kurdistan! is this not kurdfying?
The same reason we have Assyrians in the Swedish parliament...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:24:57 PM by the_dave »
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us - Always!

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2010, 06:36:09 PM »

Why am I bring this up? is cause you guys has nothing to talk about rather than Attacking a man(sarkis Agajan) who had been building villages, schools back in Atra for you people and yet you are complaing?

what does Zowaa have done? Did they support self-endependent region? than why couldnt they go our with it?

Have they build villages? have they brought supplies to Assyrian´s schools?

You see all these Agjan has done for our nation and yet we are not satesfited cause he is kurdfying our people? than pls tell me what is Zowaa doing? by having their members in Kurdish parlement? isnt this mean that they accept Kurdistan more than ockupied Assyria?

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2010, 06:56:19 PM »
Why am I bring this up? is cause you guys has nothing to talk about rather than Attacking a man(sarkis Agajan) who had been building villages, schools back in Atra for you people and yet you are complaing?

what does Zowaa have done? Did they support self-endependent region? than why couldnt they go our with it?

Have they build villages? have they brought supplies to Assyrian´s schools?

You see all these Agjan has done for our nation and yet we are not satesfited cause he is kurdfying our people? than pls tell me what is Zowaa doing? by having their members in Kurdish parlement? isnt this mean that they accept Kurdistan more than ockupied Assyria?

Zowaa's accomplishments are posted in this section, you choose not to read\comment on them.
Sargis kakagan is a traitor like Tariq his day will come. If you like these pink houses so much why you don’t go live there, take your portable aircon because they have no ventilation.

Offline GGBW

• Special Member
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2010, 09:18:39 PM »

MVI_0073.AVI

Rare Pictures of Tariq Aziz with his Family and Saddam

Started by ASHOORBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 6
Views: 7289
Last post March 27, 2009, 05:42:39 AM
by Knight
Cheney: No link between Saddam Hussein, 9/11

Started by GGBWBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 3
Views: 1109
Last post June 02, 2009, 12:00:25 PM
by jonadona
Assyrians: From Bedr Khan to Saddam Hussein

Started by AFOBoard Culture & History

Replies: 9
Views: 1511
Last post September 03, 2006, 12:52:56 AM
by Free_Assyria
2 Boys hang themselves after watching Saddam !!!!!! ******!!!!!!!!

Started by DBOYBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 7
Views: 1040
Last post January 07, 2007, 04:00:49 PM
by Atoreta Brata
'Chemical Ali' and Tariq Aziz get 15 Years in Prison

Started by ASHOORBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 1
Views: 802
Last post March 12, 2009, 07:23:53 PM
by peachy