Author Topic: Breaking News: Helena Guergis Cleared of any Wrongdoing!  (Read 2570 times)

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Breaking News: Helena Guergis Cleared of any Wrongdoing!
« on: July 21, 2010, 04:10:04 PM »
The lawyer for deposed cabinet minister Helena Guergis says the RCMP has given his client a clean bill of health.

Howard Rubel says an inspector with the Mounties has advised him that the police probe found "no substance" to any of the issues raised by the Prime Minister's Office.

Rubel says the RCMP assured him that all concerns related to Guergis have been "resolved" and that there will be no further action.

Earlier this year, Guergis was booted from cabinet as minister for the status of women after allegations surrounding misuse of her office by her husband, ex-Tory MP Rahim Jaffer.

She was also kicked out of the Conservative caucus and made to sit as an independent backbencher.

Guergis denied any wrongdoing, saying Prime Minister Stephen Harper never made clear what allegations he had passed on to the Mounties.

ASHOOR

-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Re: Breaking News: Helena Guergis Cleared of any Wrongdoing!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 04:10:47 PM »
I told you guys she was innocent, and it was just a plot, or a way to get her husband!

The question now is: will the PM issue an apology or bring her back to his cabinet? I hope he does at least one of the two.

ASHOOR

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 04:15:49 PM »
Here is my original article about this, and I stated that she is innocent unless proven otherwise, and I know she was nothing more than a scapegoat for bigger agenda.

http://assyrianvoice.net/emagazine/?p=450

ASHOOR

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 04:15:49 PM »

Offline ASHUR

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 10:01:11 AM »
Will she be reinstated to her position in the cabinet?
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 10:05:06 AM »
Will she be reinstated to her position in the cabinet?

We don't know yet, and that is the question I asked too. Knowing how Harper operates, I highly doubt it.

ASHOOR

Offline Blockness

• The Flickering Light of Asia
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 10:47:39 AM »
Harper’s office said the Mounties’ findings change nothing.

Guergis will not be welcomed back into cabinet or the Conservative caucus because there were “several factors” that led to her ouster, said PMO spokesperson Sara MacIntyre.

These include questions about the use of Guergis’ office and BlackBerry by Jaffer, and the fact that she is under investigation by the federal ethics commissioner over a letter she wrote on her MPs’ letterhead promoting a company in which Jaffer was interested.

http://www.thestar.com/article/838500--helena-guergis-cleared-by-rcmp

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 10:50:33 AM »
I and others I have talked to,  really think it all has to do with her Muslim husband, his Pakistani/Ismeli background,  and his quick rise to power. They wanted a way to bring him down.

ASHOOR

Offline The Manipulator

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 09:18:12 PM »
Who cares!!! any assyrian that marries to a muslim is a disgrace. i would'nt even call her assyrian! i would disown that biatch. too bad she has been cleared of any wrong doing.

Offline ASHUR

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »
Who cares!!! any assyrian that marries to a muslim is a disgrace. i would'nt even call her assyrian! i would disown that biatch. too bad she has been cleared of any wrong doing.

Isn't there a certain number of posts that are required of a moron before they can post here?

Offline Nina

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 02:19:31 AM »
Isn't there a certain number of posts that are required of a moron before they can post here?

Each person is entitled to her / his opinion, let us put aside her marital situation. How much has she offered for the Assyrian nation? I am sure she has offered to the east indian communities. Any Assyrian who does not offer even a little to her / his Assyrian nation, leeten kher meno yan menoo.
ASSYRIA not a mere name but a state of mind,existence,history and identity

Offline The Manipulator

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 09:14:12 PM »
Oh yea! because this topic is so complex that you need high degree of intelligence to comment about it. dumb ass!

Offline ASHUR

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 10:32:52 AM »
Oh yea! because this topic is so complex that you need high degree of intelligence to comment about it. dumb ass!

I thought the requirement for new member's is to have a certain number of posts in other sections before being allowed to post here to filter out morons like "The Manipulator"....Maybe you should change your name to "The Masturbator".

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 02:54:40 PM »
ASHUR: that is his opinion brother, he is not a moron for saying it. And the requirement is 25 posts.

ASHOOR

Offline jacob

• Special Member
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 03:00:25 PM »
Sure, every moron is entitled to an opinion.  But maybe Ashur has a point about racist moron minimums.

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 03:20:41 PM »
See guys, I too have been asked "how can you even support her as an Assyrian, she is married to a Muslim?"

OK, first of all, and even though she claimed to be from a Christian faith family, I don't think neither her nor her husband care about religion. Which is why no one has converted the other. Moreover, I think her Assyrianism (as little as it is) is more significant than her Christian faith.

As for what she has done for Assyrians? not much, but at least she recognizes her roots, unlike others who are actually full Assyrians, and has attended a few of our events. This includes the 2009 Assyrian Martyrs' Day: you can see all the pictures here
http://www.assyrianvoice.net/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=223

And I don't even think she did this as a publicity stunt or to gain votes from us, because our numbers are small, and we are not even in her riding of Simcoe, ON

ASHOOR
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:21:55 PM by ASHOOR »

Offline The Manipulator

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 05:10:01 PM »
I thought the requirement for new member's is to have a certain number of posts in other sections before being allowed to post here to filter out morons like "The Manipulator"....Maybe you should change your name to "The Masturbator".

No thats ok! i don't want to steal your nickname.

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 09:03:08 PM »

Dude are you sure? is she married a muslim guy? and we are protecting her?just because she is pm? damn whats happening to our people in diasspora, we are marrying muslims: :beee: is that how we will end up ? our daughters and sisters going to marry muslims?

Breaking News: Helena Guergis has a new Post

Started by ASHOORBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 8
Views: 1200
Last post October 31, 2008, 12:53:46 AM
by Herro You
Breaking News: Assyrian Minster H.Guergis has Resigned

Replies: 1
Views: 812
Last post April 10, 2010, 01:45:26 PM
by Enki
Breaking News: This could be the Strangest Thing you have ever Heard!

Started by ASHOORBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 14
Views: 1268
Last post February 27, 2006, 07:08:22 PM
by GeOrGiNa
Breaking News: The Killers of the Late Archbishop may be Captured....

Replies: 15
Views: 2383
Last post March 24, 2008, 07:20:24 PM
by Atorayet d Kirkuk
CNN BREAKING NEWS : Bomb Plot uncovered in Canada

Started by shoemakerBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 9
Views: 1640
Last post June 10, 2006, 02:00:44 PM
by Lovemoon