Author Topic: Assyrians back in Mardin as investors  (Read 3530 times)

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Assyrians back in Mardin as investors
« on: July 01, 2010, 11:51:30 AM »
Some Assyrians who migrated from the southeastern province of Mardin to Europe are back in Mardin as businesspeople to invest in their ancient homeland. Speaking to daily Milliyet, Abdullah Erin, chief of Turkey’s Tigris Development Agency, says the 25-strong delegation that visited Mardin recently is looking at investing in viniculture, filigree silver embroidery and tourism
International hotel chains are also showing interest in Mardin, a city whose history dates back to 4500 BC AA photo

International hotel chains are also showing interest in Mardin, a city whose history dates back to 4500 BC AA photo

Assyrian businesspeople who migrated to Europe from Southeast Anatolia are now returning to Mardin to invest, daily Milliyet reported Tuesday.

Members of the community are planning investments in Mardin, which has a mixed population of Kurds, Turks, Assyrians, Arabs, as well as a small community of Armenians, the paper said, adding that the businesspeople are heeding a call from the Tigris Development Agency, or DİKA.

Read the rest of the story on Hurriyet newspaper website.

ASHOOR

-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
Re: Assyrians back in Mardin as investors
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 11:30:48 AM »
The sad part of this is that we barely have our people left in Mardin districts, all of them had emigrated to Eu-countries. I believe both Assyriska and Syrianska fans are most from Mardin.

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 06:38:49 AM »
It happens again:

CORRECTION: Syriac is the Daily News’ preferred translation for the Syriac Orthodox Church and the paper’s preferred name for the people. An earlier version of this story mistranslated the names. The Daily News regrets the error.

Syriacs back in Mardin as investors

These stupid and false people can´t stop their internet propaganda.
The Rights of Assyrians -UN Declaration
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDtB12aA8I

The existence of the Assyrian Nation & Nationality is a fact
http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=36862.0

̈I´m not interested in helping our ppl because I´m nationalistic, I´m interested because our ppl NEED help!

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 06:38:49 AM »

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 08:03:11 AM »
It happens again:

CORRECTION: Syriac is the Daily News’ preferred translation for the Syriac Orthodox Church and the paper’s preferred name for the people. An earlier version of this story mistranslated the names. The Daily News regrets the error.

I can't believe they are so backward, hate their own identity and embarass themselves in front of foreigners.
“Their enemies had realized their national potential long before the Assyrians themselves. The enemy was not afraid of good farmers, good parents, good church-going parishioners...the enemy was afraid of Assyrians wrapped in nationhood.”

-Mount Semele, Ivan Kakovitch

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 09:39:02 AM »
It happens again:

Don't you worry, because we captured the real name in this story, before they falsely changed it ;)

ASHOOR
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 08:28:01 AM »
Ashoor, but not in Sweden, here in Sweden everyone knows Syriacs as syriani, it doesnt matter what we say!, here in Sweden they have more than 5 football (teams) clubs and they are all very well known, you can see them on tv, news papper every day, sure we have 2 Assyriska team as well but we can´t never stop them from being UnSyriac...

They have suryoyosat, suryoye tv and some  news papper, they have their own politician in Södertälje( outside Stockholm) whom working for syriac iusses  and they are very organized....

Offline Micho

• kutle
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 09:42:52 AM »
No, Suroyo TV is neutral although I feel they are more Assyrian-friendly. Swedes often refer our people as Assyrians first, atleast of what I have encountered but other people say syrian often instead.

It's true that they got alot of football teams here in Sweden though Assyriska is by far the most famous one.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:44:04 AM by Micho »

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 06:17:55 PM »
No, Suroyo TV is neutral although I feel they are more Assyrian-friendly. Swedes often refer our people as Assyrians first, atleast of what I have encountered but other people say syrian often instead.

It's true that they got alot of football teams here in Sweden though Assyriska is by far the most famous one.

Suryoyo Tv are more neutral to KRG and Kurdish puppets, havent you notice how they talk about KRG! and iam very sure that they recieve money from Ishtar tv

Offline Micho

• kutle
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 06:29:25 PM »
Are you kidding me? Suroyo TV doesn't have any Kurd-affiliation at all. They are runned from Södertälje and the people here would probably go crazy if they find out they are supported by Kurds (through Ishtar TV or something). It's probably just someones opinion in one of their shows that you have experienced very neutral to Kurds or something.

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 08:44:19 AM »
Are you kidding me? Suroyo TV doesn't have any Kurd-affiliation at all. They are runned from Södertälje and the people here would probably go crazy if they find out they are supported by Kurds (through Ishtar TV or something). It's probably just someones opinion in one of their shows that you have experienced very neutral to Kurds or something.

no Iam not, but you should watch the suryoyo tv more!! see what they are saying aboug KRG. They decribe kurdish region  as safe heaven for our people. They have good connection with Ishtar tv openly.No its not about one show or something like that,just try to watch their tv then you will notice what iam talking about...

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 08:59:30 AM »
khayaatour is right. Suroyo Tv makes pro Kurdish propaganda. Wheher they get money from Kurds or not, I don´t know that, but Suroyo Tv is one of the instituions of the so called "dawronoye." One of their organizations is a member of the pro Kurdish and so called "Chaldean-Assyrian-Syriac Popular Council."

Here You can read more about these "dawronoye".

http://www.jamestown.org/single/?no_cache=1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=34808&tx_ttnews[backPid]=7&cHash=887bf4a0cb
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 02:48:05 PM by GodismyJudge »

̈I´m not interested in helping our ppl because I´m nationalistic, I´m interested because our ppl NEED help!

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 07:04:24 AM »
khayaatour is right. Suroyo Tv makes pro Kurdish propaganda. Wheher they get money from Kurds or not, I don´t know that, but Suroyo Tv is one of the instituions of the so called "dawronoye." One of their organizations is a member of the pro Kurdish and so called "Chaldean-Assyrian-Syriac Popular Council."

Here You can read more about these "dawronoye".

http://www.jamestown.org/single/?no_cache=1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=34808&tx_ttnews[backPid]=7&cHash=887bf4a0cb

Thank you John, the thing is eachtime I say something about Syriac, people in here think Iam against them, Iam not and I have mardini Syriac-Assyrians they consider themselves as Assyrian and I have no problem with those Syriac whom considering themselves as only Syriac but at the same time Iam trying to make them understand that we are the same people no matter what, some of my syriac friends agree with me some not.....

I have also Syriacf

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 07:14:39 AM »
The suryoyo tv`s  redactor is the Syrianska FC president as well, I have seen him and I have talked to him once when he come with kurdish/syriac girl who was candidate for Eu-parlement. He wanted all syriac vs Assyrians should vote for this kurdish girl just because her mother was Syriac from Midyat. Of course I was against  him helping kurdish girl to get our votes, but he refused to listen as other syriac people..

anyway this guy made thousands of our people to vote for this kurdish girl but thanks to God she never got enough vote to be a member of Eu-Parlement.

Offline Assyrian_Man

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 08:38:55 AM »
that kurd/syriac hybrid meant problems for her party during her candidacy to the european parliament, they were considering to exclude her from their party.

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 08:40:19 AM »
The suryoyo tv`s  redactor is the Syrianska FC president as well, I have seen him and I have talked to him once when he come with kurdish/syriac girl who was candidate for Eu-parlement. He wanted all syriac vs Assyrians should vote for this kurdish girl just because her mother was Syriac from Midyat. Of course I was against  him helping kurdish girl to get our votes, but he refused to listen as other syriac people..

anyway this guy made thousands of our people to vote for this kurdish girl but thanks to God she never got enough vote to be a member of Eu-Parlement.

These who call themselves "dawronoye" are not against the Assyrian name.
They are against the policy of the Assyrian movement.
It´s Syriac-Chaldean-Assyrian policy vs. Assyrian policy.

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 11:25:32 AM »
These who call themselves "dawronoye" are not against the Assyrian name.
They are against the policy of the Assyrian movement.
It´s Syriac-Chaldean-Assyrian policy vs. Assyrian policy.

well it depends, who they are, but I know a big aport of dawronoye call our nation for Syriac/Assyrian/ Chaldean, like oromoyo,othoroyo, kaldoyo.....

if they are against ADM I dont know but I know they dont like the way ADM spreading propagangda, more like when it comes about our name..

Offline Micho

• kutle
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 02:35:13 PM »
It appears that I was wrong, well thanks for letting me know this. I didn't know this at all.
---

Didn't two Assyrians get killed when they tried to take her mother (the assyrian from Midyat) back from the Kurds? I strongly dislike this Evin Cetin.

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 07:04:13 AM »
It appears that I was wrong, well thanks for letting me know this. I didn't know this at all.
---

Didn't two Assyrians get killed when they tried to take her mother (the assyrian from Midyat) back from the Kurds? I strongly dislike this Evin Cetin.

I dont know about their love story and I dont think the kurds killed any of her mother side, what I know that this Evin Cetin used go to her mother side regularly,she lived in Södertälja for awhile and worked in municipality of Södertälje. I dislike her policy as well, she is using our nation to get our votes and at the same time she is working for Kurds and Kurdistan

He is Back: "Assyrians for Justice" with Sam Darmo!

Started by ASHOORBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 4
Views: 626
Last post January 17, 2012, 10:12:45 AM
by ASHUR
Turkey hopes to bring Assyrians back

Started by ASHOORBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 5
Views: 870
Last post April 16, 2012, 12:52:50 AM
by Free_Assyria
An Assyrian Village Headman ‘s plea from Mardin, Turkey: Come Back to Your Villa

Started by ASHOORBoard Culture & History

Replies: 0
Views: 570
Last post May 17, 2012, 02:14:01 PM
by ASHOOR
GOOD NEWS: Assyrians returning back to Bakhdida in MASSES

Started by AshurayaPlashaBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 3
Views: 484
Last post June 28, 2014, 10:24:39 PM
by mrzurnaci
ISIS has asked Assyrians to come back