Author Topic: Assyriska player Eddie Moussa and Brother Killed execution style  (Read 11708 times)

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
Assyriska player Eddie Moussa along with his brother, Jakob Moussa, were yesterday literally executed at a gamehall in Ronna, Södertälje. It is such a shame and it is with huge sorrow I send my condolences to the family and all Assyrians worldwide.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 02:58:42 AM by Hanuni »

“Their enemies had realized their national potential long before the Assyrians themselves. The enemy was not afraid of good farmers, good parents, good church-going parishioners...the enemy was afraid of Assyrians wrapped in nationhood.”

-Mount Semele, Ivan Kakovitch

Offline the_dave

• Simple living high thinking...
Re: Eddie Moussa and brother executed
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 05:01:54 AM »
He was my favorite player, how can somethin like this happen to someone who plays football, its insane.

RIP Eddie and Jacob.

Eddie Tribute thread: http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=39077.0

http://www.svd.se/nyheter/inrikes/skulder-kan-ligga-bakom-dubbelmord_4936405.svd

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article7396459.ab

Two men where shot to death at night on the 7th July. It happened in game hall in Ronna Södertälje. A third man was injured by the shootings. No suspects are found for the murders yet.

The police say that this can have something to do with gambling debts, and another murder that happened in December

The Swedish Assyriska football team is in mourning today after one of their players and his brother were shot dead at a cafe in Sweden on Thursday.    

Eddie Moussa, 26 was gunned down along with his brother at a busy cafe in the Swedish city of Sodertalje which is south of Stockholm. Another man who is believed to be a close friend of the player was also shot and is in a stable condition.

Police say more than 15 people witnessed the double murder, when gunmen stormed the premises with automatic weapons and opened fire.

Police are searching for three men who had escaped the scene on a scooter. The scooter has since been found set alight at a nearby area. The police spokesman Bjorn Engstrom said “no suspects have yet been identified”.

The Assyriska website has released a public statement saying “Assyriska is in deep mourning and shock after the tragic news that one of our players has passed away, Moussa had played for Assyriska after being trained by its youth activity program from the age of six.

The club president Aydin Aho also said, “I don't find the words to describe him as a person or how we feel in the club right now, he was an incredible guy."

Assyriska has postponed its match with Angelholm FF which was to be held on Thursday

« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 07:50:29 AM by the_dave »
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us - Always!

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 05:39:51 AM »
How did it happen, who did it? i if this is about that he is a football player in assyriska, and this was done by supporters of syrianska, then those people are just ****ing sick in their heads...
He was my favorite player, how can somethin like this happen to someone who plays football, its insane.

I know that his brothers, at least one of them is a member of a gang, is this what this is about?

RIP Eddie and Jacob.

http://www.svd.se/nyheter/inrikes/skulder-kan-ligga-bakom-dubbelmord_4936405.svd

Two men where shot to death at night on the 7th July. It happened in game hall in Ronna Södertälje. A third man was injured by the shootings. No suspect is found for the murders yet.

The police say that this can have something to do with gambling debts, and another murder that happened in December

Nothing is really for certain but from what I hear both Eddie and killed brother Jakob are innocent, it is their brother Dany that is the leader of a rival gang of those who killed his brothers.

Yes, they were at a gaminghall in Ronna. The killers took everyone out but 3 persons, Eddie, Jakob and one other guy. It was literally an execution but the third guy made it though.

What a shame, truly. God help their family.
“Their enemies had realized their national potential long before the Assyrians themselves. The enemy was not afraid of good farmers, good parents, good church-going parishioners...the enemy was afraid of Assyrians wrapped in nationhood.”

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 05:39:51 AM »

Offline the_dave

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 05:41:52 AM »
Yeah this is sick, god help them and their family...
How can someone do something like this...

More about the case: http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article7396459.ab
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 05:56:17 AM by the_dave »
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us - Always!

Offline mari

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 07:05:02 AM »
That is sad, R.I.P

Offline Forever Assyrian

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 11:09:37 AM »
I still can't believe it. RIP Eddie & Jacob Moussa! :(
Imith dithe, o qadishto

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 11:18:51 AM »
WOW where did this come from? very sad, alaha manikhle.

Can someone post the date they were murdered?

ASHOOR
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline davidb

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 11:29:40 AM »
What a shock!

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 01:17:36 PM »
WOW I read this on Yahoo too just now:

Gunmen kill soccer player, another man in Sweden and they mention Assyriska too.
http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/gunmen-kill-soccer-player-another-man-in-sweden--fbintl_ap-swedishplayerkilled.html

ASHOOR
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline the_dave

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 03:26:59 PM »
Can someone post the date they were murdered?
ASHOOR
It was from today morning Ashor at 0200 swedish local...
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us - Always!

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
Re: Assyriska player Eddie Moussa and Brother Executed
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 05:03:28 PM »
aloho mhasalen, u risho basimo li eqartho :(
The Rights of Assyrians -UN Declaration
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDtB12aA8I

The existence of the Assyrian Nation & Nationality is a fact
http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=36862.0

̈I´m not interested in helping our ppl because I´m nationalistic, I´m interested because our ppl NEED help!

Offline Micho

• kutle
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 06:47:16 PM »
Rumours says that the third guy who got shot was Nahir Besaras father.

Rest In Peace Eddie and Jakob Moussa! You will always be in our hearts and we will not forget you. This is a big tragedy. I feel sorry for all of their family, God help them!

Offline Forever Assyrian

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 06:48:28 PM »
Eddie Moussa - 1984-2010 - Tribute

Made by a friend of mine.

Rumours says that the third guy who got shot was Nahir Besaras father.

Correct. But he is okay according to one of his relatives.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 06:52:55 PM by Forever Assyrian »
Imith dithe, o qadishto

Offline the_dave

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 07:10:46 PM »
Beautiful video... He will be forever missed, a pure assyrian fighter...
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us - Always!

Offline Knight

• Ultimate Member
  • Knight & JooJee
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 07:25:02 PM »
R.I.P ...very sad news indeed.

When will idiots who get into gangs ever realise that they ruin the lives of everyone around them?
"The moral and religious system which Jesus Christ transmitted to us is the best the world has ever seen, or can see." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline AssyrianBookTa

• Special Member
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 08:15:36 PM »
I'm not too involved in following the teams every play but this is insanely tragic and very sad. He was a handsome young man and my deepest condolensis to the family. I hope they find the strength to keep his memory alive along with his brothers. It's such a sad story for two young men who had so much hope and things to live for.
R.I.P. Dr. Ronny George and Lina Yaakubova

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 02:46:05 AM »
I'm not too involved in following the teams every play but this is insanely tragic and very sad. He was a handsome young man and my deepest condolensis to the family. I hope they find the strength to keep his memory alive along with his brothers. It's such a sad story for two young men who had so much hope and things to live for.

Another really sad thing is that his brother had a wife and four children. I just hope those who committed this crime get lifetime.

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
Re: Assyriska player Eddie Moussa and Brother Killed execution style
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 02:57:48 AM »
Here is an official statement by Zelge Fans

It was with great sadness and shock that we received the news that the most beloved player of Assyriska tragically and suddenly passed away. Words is a bad tool to describe the immense sorrow we´re in right now and for a very long time will find ourselves in.
The circumstances surrounding the incident are still an unclear matter and we leave it to police investigators. What we surely know is that Eddie Moussa and his older brother Jacob Moussa, a former player for the club, were killed in a manner that is similar to an execution.

What we also know is that Eddie has been heavely injured throughout the beginning of the season following the brutal tackle he suffered in the Swedish Cup match against Hammarby TFF. For this reason he was not selected for the away game against Ängelholm that was supposed to be played tonight.

Eddie Moussa has played in Assyriska since childhood and is one of the players in the club history that has shown the most heart and fighting spirit throughout his time in the club. Therefore, he naturally became a big favorite in the stands. Not just because he was raised in the club, but mainly because of his outstanding technical skills on the pitch. The speed he showed up at his edge is unparalleled in Swedish football series. Last season, he moved up as a striker and then found the target in a superb way many times. Who does not remember his excellent lob in the crucial game against Häcken, or his two goals against Jönköping that sent the club for the qualifying stage against Djurgården last year? His success last season lead to many contract offers from the upper series, but he showed where he had his heart and signed a new contract with Assyriska.

Eddie has not just meant a lot for the fans in the matter of sports. He has been a great role model for young people in Södertälje and in particular the suburb Ronna, where he demonstrated that you can succeed in football if you just have the will to do so. He has always had a warm and open dialogue with the fans and to be able to accept that our mini-Maradona with the number 18 on his back never will run in to Södertälje Football Arena again is an impossibility.

The grief has no limits. The team has lost two burning souls, and the emptiness created will stay empty for a long future ahead. Right now, football means nothing. The contrasts created aches on our soul. Words don’t do justice to even try to explain. All our thoughts go directly to Eddie and Jacobs families. We ask those who have the possibility to join in the grief to try to process the tragedy that occurred together. We need each other right now. In the next home game against Sundsvall, Zelge Fans will celebrate and honor the memory of our two dear brothers. The number 18-jersey has been worn for the last time by a player in Assyriska. Nobody will ever wear the white jersey again with more pride than Eddie did.

Rest in peace.

http://www.zelge.com/?id=278&newsid=190

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 04:01:18 AM »
My wife told me when she got home from work that two Assyrians died she told me their names but i didn't realize who it was until i went on the Assyriska website.

He was one of our key players I cant believe he is gone :(
my heart goes out to his family to lose two songs at once is beyond tragedy.

Rest in peace Eddie you will always be remember in Assyriska.

"The World has no glory without the Assyrians"

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 04:06:06 AM »
look at this banner on the zelge fans website man i feel sick.

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 04:15:32 AM »
"The number 18-jersey has been worn for the last time by a player in Assyriska"

this just sent me over.

Offline davidb

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 04:25:24 AM »
Still can't believe it.

It's just something you'd never expect to happen to a footballer, especially to one of our own.

Offline the_dave

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 09:24:35 AM »
Case update

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article7402403.ab

The murder motivation seems to have been revenge. A lot of witnesses know who might be involved in the murder but many are not willing to work with the police and many don’t dare to say anything. Although there are some people who might want to say who did it even if it might be dangerous for them...

The police has suspicions that 3 gang members from the gang in Sodertalje called (Södertäljenätverket aka Syrianska brödraskapet “Arameean brotherhood") are behind the murder. The gang has been acting against Assyriska and their association before, example the burning of one Assyriska building in Sodertalje...

Danny Moussa, eddies brother is a leader of the gang called X-team in Sodertalje, they are rivals of the Syrianska brödraskapet, both gangs have been fighting each other many times...
The gang Syrianska brödraskapet planned the murder on Eddie and his brother Jacob because they had threatened to harm Danny’s family if he does not leave the area and as a revenge for earlier incidents between the two gangs.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 09:25:18 AM by the_dave »
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us - Always!

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 09:32:22 AM »
Case update

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article7402403.ab

The murder motivation seems to have been revenge. A lot of witnesses know who might be involved in the murder but many are not willing to work with the police and many don’t dare to say anything. Although there are some people who might want to say who did it even if it might be dangerous for them...

The police has suspicions that 3 gang members from the gang in Sodertalje called (Södertäljenätverket aka Syrianska brödraskapet “Arameean brotherhood") are behind the murder. The gang has been acting against Assyriska and their association before, example the burning of one Assyriska building in Sodertalje...

Danny Moussa, eddies brother is a leader of the gang called X-team in Sodertalje, they are rivals of the Syrianska brödraskapet, both gangs have been fighting each other many times...
The gang Syrianska brödraskapet planned the murder on Eddie and his brother Jacob because they had threatened to harm Danny’s family if he does not leave the area and as a revenge for earlier incidents between the two gangs.

It doesn't say that in the article?

Offline Micho

• kutle
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 10:01:16 AM »
I'm starting to hate a big part of my own people, the f*cking "arameans"! I hate their f*cking monkey behaviour, they act like little bastards who thinks they are Tony Montana and I hate their f*cking "SURYOYE OROMOYE"-chanting. F*CK THEM TRAITORS!

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 10:38:34 AM »
A few years ago they burnt our flag and uploaded it on YouTube it was quickly dismissed by our people "they are only kids this football rivalry" then they burnt our club it was only a matter of time before something like this would happen, yet there are Assyrian groups who persist on "unity" with these vial erameans

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 12:11:23 PM »
We have to remember that this was a gangster issue between Dany Moussa and the Syrianska network. Eddie and Jakob were innocent. However the Syrianska associations and footballteam condemned strongly the execution.

En svart dag i Södertälje

Natten till idag gick Assyriskaspelaren Eddie Moussa bort i en tragisk händelse som utspelade sig i stadsdelen Ronna. Moussa spelade för Assyriska FF:s A-lag och har en lång bakgrund i föreningen. Hans bortgång har berört en stor del av Södertäljes invånare och likaså verksamma spelare, ledare och medlemmar i Syrianska FC.

Syrianska FC känner sorg, medlidande och bestörtning över det som har hänt. Föreningen riktar sina djupaste kondoleanser till hans familj och till grannklubben Assyriska FF.

Vila i frid Eddie Moussa.

Syrianska FC

http://syrianskafc.com/

Offline davidb

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 12:37:34 PM »
So this is actually because of Assyriska-Syrianska rivalry? How pathetic.

When are you "Assyrians" from Sweden going to stand up for yourselves????? Where's the satisfaction in saying "We are better"?? Oh how I wish this was in Sydney!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 12:37:55 PM by davidb »

Offline AssyrianBookTa

• Special Member
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2010, 01:32:08 PM »
It seems like assyrian killing an assyrian is the latest trend. This is a sad shame
R.I.P. Dr. Ronny George and Lina Yaakubova

Offline Forever Assyrian

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2010, 02:06:26 PM »

When are you "Assyrians" from Sweden going to stand up for yourselves????? Where's the satisfaction in saying "We are better"?? Oh how I wish this was in Sydney!

No, I wouldn't say so. And I don't think it was these people who burned the association. Except that, all Dave wrote is correct I think. Again, Eddie and Jacob's brother is the leader of X-team (Undergroup of Bandidos) in Södertälje. In Södertälje they've a war against the gang of Södertälje (by some called "Syrianska brödraskapet", which mean "Aramean/Syriac (or how you want to translate "Syrianska") brotherhood"), but they don't have any offcial name. These killed the guard of Eddie's brother, which striked back and shot two of them (they didn't die), and now they kill the leader's brothers, Eddie and Jacob.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 03:34:36 PM by Forever Assyrian »
Imith dithe, o qadishto

Offline baklawa

• Golden Member
  • No puppets allowed
    • Assyrian Aid Society of America
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2010, 02:22:10 PM »
I hope, hope, hope the parents of these men are already gone.  The absolute agony of losing a child is unimagineable, but to lose two would be devastating. 

What a tragic and senseless loss, for their families and our community.  Hope their killers are caught and brought to justice soon.
"January 2010, the nail in the coffin, the day Zowaa will die." Hilarious prediction posted by "chaldean."
March 2010: Zowaa wins 3 out of 5 seats in the Iraqi Parliament!

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2010, 02:24:12 PM »

I wouldn't say that. Jacob Moussa which was Eddie's brother who was also killed was in the Syrianska network for some time and came up with diplomatic solutions between the two of them in the past.

When it comes to standing up against fellow Assyrians we should feel ashamed that we seven talk about such stuff but it has happened before in the footballgames in the late 80's, from what I've heard the Assyriska fans hit the smack out of the Assyrians of Syrianska. Still a shame and should not have happened.

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2010, 02:25:08 PM »
I hope, hope, hope the parents of these men are already gone.  The absolute agony of losing a child is unimagineable, but to lose two would be devastating. 

What a tragic and senseless loss, for their families and our community.  Hope their killers are caught and brought to justice soon.

I hoped that too, but they are alive.

Offline Forever Assyrian

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2010, 03:37:25 PM »

Their mother is still alive. But worst of all, Jacob have four children.
Imith dithe, o qadishto

Offline Tambur

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2010, 05:28:20 PM »
That's sad, may they rest in peace.

The killers should either get life or executed, but knowing Sweden's wussy law they will probably get off easy.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 05:28:48 PM by Tambur »

Eddie Moussa and his brother are dead?

Started by Free_AssyriaBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 5
Views: 485
Last post July 03, 2010, 10:37:22 PM
by Salem
Assyriska sends a message to our brother Eddie

Started by Free_AssyriaBoard Assyriska Discussions

Replies: 6
Views: 1458
Last post July 15, 2010, 01:23:46 AM
by Lovemoon
To ASHOOR "Assyriska might sign a Brazilian Player"

Started by ACANABoard Sports

Replies: 9
Views: 1337
Last post July 25, 2007, 12:24:31 PM
by ACANA
Assyriska Sign Another Brazilian Player

Started by ACANABoard Assyriska Discussions

Replies: 5
Views: 1573
Last post April 03, 2009, 08:43:16 PM
by Free_Assyria
Assyriska player was beaten up by 4 Syrianska fans!

Started by WestassyrianBoard Assyriska Discussions

Replies: 40
Views: 8748
Last post October 29, 2009, 05:41:04 PM
by tihe-othur