Author Topic: Assyrian Journalist, Nuri Kino, Wins Swedish European Parliament Journalism Priz  (Read 2685 times)

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
Stockholm (AINA) -- Freelance journalist Nuri Kino and Kajsa Norell, from Swedish Radio, are the Swedish winners of the prestigious European Parliament's Journalist Prize 2010, for their reports on corruption in the EU assistance program to Turkey. The European Parliament's Journalist Prize is awarded at a ceremony in Brussels in October. Kino and Norell were among 371 nominated for the Swedish prize and will be one of 27 finalists to compete for first prize in Brussels next October.

The reports by Kino and Norell were published by AINA (1-11-2010, 1-14-2010).

According to Kino and Norell, EU grants of 75 billion Swedish kronors (approximately one billion US dollars) never reach those who need it the most. More than often the grant and assistance end up in the hands of corrupt politicians, well-established businessmen and fictitious organizations who claim fabricated projects. The assistance go to unjustified consulting fees which in fact is corruption, instead of reaching those who need it most, meaning the Turkish peasants.

Kino and Norell showed, by solid investigative journalism, both in the Turkish countryside and in Ankara, a picture of structural corruption. The Turkish government party's local supporters benefited while political opposition members and minorities were shut-out. The reports showed how the government party AKP used EU grants to strengthen its own power.

Nuri Kino has been nominated six times for the Swedish Pulitzer, Guldspaden, and has won three times (AINA 2-26-2010). He is a two time winner of the Prize for Best Public Service Journalist and has twice been appointed role model of the year in Sweden. He also won a Golden Palm from the Beverly Hills Film Festival.

http://www.aina.org/news/20100605174019.htm

The Rights of Assyrians -UN Declaration
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDtB12aA8I

The existence of the Assyrian Nation & Nationality is a fact
http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=36862.0

̈I´m not interested in helping our ppl because I´m nationalistic, I´m interested because our ppl NEED help!

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Well done Nuri, much deserved! He has done so much for our people in the media, I don't think anyone comes close. One man is doing much more than a bunch of websites, media outlets and TV channels can do.

The power of media is tremendous, and I am glad we have someone like Nuri Kino to exploit and put it to use for the benefit of our people.

ASHOOR
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
tiheee Nuri kinooooooo

Assyrian Voice Forum

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
This guy is a true umthonoyo, we should all follow his path
“Their enemies had realized their national potential long before the Assyrians themselves. The enemy was not afraid of good farmers, good parents, good church-going parishioners...the enemy was afraid of Assyrians wrapped in nationhood.”

-Mount Semele, Ivan Kakovitch

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
To be honest he is..he is so active when it comes about our umta and Atra, he suprise us always with great jobs...you know like the documentiona about Assyriska and so on..

Offline xxSanhoxx

• Assyrian Youth Federation of Middle Europe
To be honest he is..he is so active when it comes about our umta and Atra, he suprise us always with great jobs...you know like the documentiona about Assyriska and so on..

bad for us that he is a syriac....  :no:
"..To be an Assyrian is to feel: The past is my heritage I shall forget it not; the present, my responsibility; the future, my challenge." - Dr. David Barsum Perley

Offline esz

What are you talking about? Even on his own website he states that he is Assyrian and if that isn't enough he has gone to bat for Assyrians in Sweden and in the Middle East.

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
esz, I think You misunderstand Sanho. khayaatoor differs always between Assyrians, he calls the Assyrians from the SOC Syriacs and these from the ACOE Assyrians.
And Sanhos comment is ironical.
The Rights of Assyrians -UN Declaration
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDtB12aA8I

The existence of the Assyrian Nation & Nationality is a fact
http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=36862.0

̈I´m not interested in helping our ppl because I´m nationalistic, I´m interested because our ppl NEED help!

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member

Nailed it.  :loool:
“Their enemies had realized their national potential long before the Assyrians themselves. The enemy was not afraid of good farmers, good parents, good church-going parishioners...the enemy was afraid of Assyrians wrapped in nationhood.”

-Mount Semele, Ivan Kakovitch

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat

Dont you think I like him when he says he is an Assyrian, I want all Syriac people to see them as Assyrians..but he is one few who sees himself  as an Assyrian. why do you bring assyrian and syriac things on this subject..

how many time have I told you that I have no problem to see Syriac as Assyrians,but when they doesnt consider  themsleves as Assyrians, what can I do?

Nuri Kino, Assyrian Journalist, Awarded European Parliament Journalism Prize

Started by ZawoyoBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 0
Views: 296
Last post October 14, 2010, 09:50:53 AM
by Zawoyo
Swedish Journalist Investigates Arrest of Assyrian-Georgian General

Started by sydneydudeBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 0
Views: 691
Last post October 05, 2006, 01:50:32 AM
by sydneydude