Author Topic: For the sexually active women...  (Read 23082 times)

Offline Marboush

For the sexually active women...
« on: June 16, 2006, 07:37:26 PM »
If you are trying to avoid pregnancy and you are already on the birth control pill,  would you still follow the ovulation calendar to make sure no accidents happen?  :blink:

Just knowing the days you ovulate make it easier I guess...

So if your last period was on May 31, 2006 you're ovulating days would be june 12-15?   :crazy:

Offline RadRides

• Special Member
  • bar-b-que-nin king
Re: For the sexually active women...
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 07:43:16 PM »
Yes, hi...I'll have a large number 1 with curly fries and a Dr. Pepper. 

Offline MalekthaA2RETA

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 09:58:48 PM »
Why would you take birth control??? If you study all the side-effects you and your partner or husband would see that EVERYTHING the woman takes can be lethal and has horrible side effects.  Hormonal imbalance can cause cancer!  If HE truly loves you, which I'm sure he does, he just needs to be enlightened on the side effects.....he would have a reversible vasectomy and be done with it.  No rubbers, No pills, Nobody getting Ill.

Offline Angel2

• Special Member
  • 6/14/08
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 10:39:04 PM »
the reversible vasectomy is not always reversible.......not 100% safe......
"May the Lord Bless You & continually fill your heart with His Love. May He give you victory in every trial you face.....As you are blessed of the Lord, may you become a blessing in return to all those who share your life."   Audrey Jeanne Roberts

Offline peachy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 10:45:30 PM »
I dont think she mentioned that she NEVER wanted kids.

Marboush, no contraceptive mthhod is %100 perfect so i would recommend asking your GYNO about when is the best time for you to avoid getting pregnant. They know better about these things :) or JUST USE A CONDOM!! :razz:

Offline MalekthaA2RETA

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 10:51:32 PM »
EVERYTHING a woman takes is poison and detrimental to her health...........he can take a shower with a rain coat then. 

(use a condom)

when my fiance' (at the time) read over all of the literature for birth control he wouldn't let me put that poison in my body........he said he'd take care of it............and he did.

Offline Valantina

• Ultimate AVNer
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 10:55:49 PM »
Why would you take birth control??? If you study all the side-effects you and your partner or husband would see that EVERYTHING the woman takes can be lethal and has horrible side effects.  Hormonal imbalance can cause cancer!  If HE truly loves you, which I'm sure he does, he just needs to be enlightened on the side effects.....he would have a reversible vasectomy and be done with it.  No rubbers, No pills, Nobody getting Ill.
i agree,  :clap:

i would never take birth control pills, or other things to aviod pregnancy.

Just becareful lol and there shouldnt be any accidents  :giggle:

8 months married and no accidents, no pills, no rubbers
:wavetowel: :giggle:

Offline L33tKevin

• http://google.com
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 11:15:28 PM »
Ior JUST USE A CONDOM!!

Condoms don't work 100% of the time, if i'm not mistaken bcp is more effective.

Offline peachy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 12:20:43 AM »
Ior JUST USE A CONDOM!!

Condoms don't work 100% of the time, if i'm not mistaken bcp is more effective.

I know that! I even said that no method works 100%  But if she is using the pill and a condom....thats better than just using a condom!!! :beee:

Offline MalekthaA2RETA

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 01:11:49 AM »
Let HIM take care of it..........you'll have enough to do later when you do decide to have children :)

Offline RadRides

• Special Member
  • bar-b-que-nin king
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 01:23:53 AM »

It's safe, just not 100% effective.  Usually it's around 40-75%.  Only thing that sucks if a man chooses to have reversal is he can't have an erection, ejaculation, or sex for one month!  I say use a condom, or do it the "old country" way and pull out.   :lmao:

Offline Valantina

• Ultimate AVNer
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 01:25:46 AM »

It's safe, just not 100% effective.  Usually it's around 40-75%.  Only thing that sucks if a man chooses to have reversal is he can't have an erection, ejaculation, or sex for one month!  I say use a condom, or do it the "old country" way and pull out.   :lmao:
  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I keep on thinking is this your picture  :blink: lol

Offline RadRides

• Special Member
  • bar-b-que-nin king
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 01:27:39 AM »

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I keep on thinking is this your picture  :blink: lol

ill take that as a compliment  :loool:

Offline MalekthaA2RETA

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2006, 01:29:22 AM »
lot's of babies were born by pulling it out.........pre mature ejaculation.........in other words, some times it drips!!!  LOL

Offline RadRides

• Special Member
  • bar-b-que-nin king
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 01:30:15 AM »
lot's of babies were born by pulling it out.........pre mature ejaculation.........in other words, some times it drips!!!  LOL

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline Valantina

• Ultimate AVNer
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2006, 01:30:26 AM »
ill take that as a compliment  :loool:
It is in a way  :blink:
He seem with alot of power loool
:wavetowel:

:baby:

Offline RadRides

• Special Member
  • bar-b-que-nin king
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2006, 01:34:02 AM »
tons of power

Offline Enki

• Ron Paul 2012
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 03:24:50 AM »
DIRTY SANCHEZ!

:loool:

THE BEST SOLUTION NO?
"If you don't want to be criticized, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing!"

Offline shamirum

• Golden Member
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 03:49:18 AM »
Thank goodness I'm here to clarify some things, because some of this must be straightened out here. I can’t get invited to one more baby shower! :wink:

Birth control pills DO have side effects, but to tell you the truth, most women face them head on rather than taking a chance of getting pregnant. Instead of repeating what most of us women have read hundreds of times, just google “the pill” and you’ll find tons of sites that give you information about this.

It’s important to note as well that while taking birth control pills actually helps decrease the risk of certain cancers, such as uterine and ovarian, you might have an increased chance of developing other kinds of cancers (studies are being done on breast cancer in this area).

Again, there are risks with every medication you take (even herbal ones) and you must weigh the pros with the cons. Like I said before, however, for most women, the benefits far outweigh the possible consequences of taking the pill.

VERY IMPORTANT: birth control pills are the number one way (other than complete abstinence or sterilization, of course) to prevent pregnancy, and when taken correctly, they are more than 99% effective (this is a fact, not just an advertising line). They do not, however, protect you from STDs in any way (we should all know this by now).

Side note, just to let some of you know, “pulling out” is much better than not using any birth control method at all!!! This method (removing the penis from the vagina before full ejaculation) can actually be between 40-70% effective at preventing pregnancy, but in reality, those are terrible chances you are taking, especially if you are really not ready to deal with pregnancy.

INTERESTINGLY IMPORTANT: the birth control pill is one of the safest pills marketed for women, despite some of the side effects and possible risks. It can help regulate more than one system in a woman’s body, and since it is in the form of a pill, you can just stop taking it whenever you choose, and within twenty-fours or so, the drug is out of your system (which is very different from a tubal ligation or even a supposedly reversible vasectomy). So the “patch” and other forms of hormonal pregnancy prevention practices (including injections and the progesterone-based IUD) are temporary but aren’t as easily discontinued as the pill. Also, studies have shown that because the pill helps regulate your hormonal system in such an extraordinary way, it can actually help women become pregnant soon after they stop taking the pill (don’t believe everything you read about having to wait to conceive, most doctors will tell you it’s safe, since the hormones in the pill are almost exactly what your body already produces, and the pill does not stay in your system long in the first place).

MOST IMPORTANT: especially for Marboush, while you are on the pill, if it is a combination pill (progesterone and estrogen based; it is a blend of both synthetic hormones), YOU DO NO OVULATE. If you take the pill as you are instructed, you don't necessarily have to count days or anything like that; the pill should literally PREVENT you from ovulating. There is no release of an ovum (egg) and hence no ovulation occurs. BUT, extremely important here, if you are on a "progesterone-only" pill, you do still ovulate, and you might want to discuss your concerns with a doctor, although from what I've learned so far, counting days and taking your basal temperature are still not necessary.

But, remember, as with any pill, it is not always perfectly effective, and it might not suppress ovulation every time, so if you want to count, go ahead (just note that it will be very difficult to monitor ovulation unless you get off of the pills and note your basal temperature for at least a few months, to be able to distinguish the days your temperature rises). Also, counting days isn't always perfect either, you could have ovulated anywhere from 5-19 days before your period, so you can see how ineffective this method can be and why many Catholics (who were often taught to use this method) have lots of babies...

:angelnot:

Offline L33tKevin

• http://google.com
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2006, 05:07:34 AM »
God shami, I had like 17 jokes i wanted to make while I was reading through that, but couldnt decide which to use, so i decided to just let you know how many I had.

Offline RadRides

• Special Member
  • bar-b-que-nin king
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 05:29:23 AM »
Her description of "pulling out" should have a parental rating attached to it. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 05:36:47 AM by RadRides »

Offline MalekthaA2RETA

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 10:08:41 AM »
you still need "back up" with the pill and there are tons of risks, I would much rather have him take care of it as there aren't as many risks to anyone's health that way.  For Me............snippy snippy.......reversible vasectomy accompanied by a rubber.

to each his own:

alot of women have a hard time getting pregnant after years and yeas of chemically telling your body not to.........something to think about:

The most serious side effect associated with the birth-control pill is a greater chance of blood clots, stroke and heart attack. These problems occur in only a small number of women who take the pill. Women who have the most risk of developing these problems are women who smoke, are over thirty-five and women with other health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart or vascular disease or blood cholesterol and triglyceride abnormalities. Other serious side effects are worsening of migraine headaches, gall bladder disease, increase in blood pressure and an extremely rare liver tumor. Some birth-control pills may cause changes in the levels of fatty substances in the blood. The long-term consequences of these changes are not known. Regular check-ups are important for early detection of these problems.

A good acronym for remembering danger signs is ACHES:

A -for severe abdominal pain
C -for severe chest pain or shortness of breath
H -for severe throbbing headache
E -for eye problems, such as flashing lights or vision disturbance
S -for severe leg pains
Certain drugs for epilepsy and tuberculosis, as well as certain antibiotics can reduce the effectiveness of the birth-control pill. St. John's Wort has also been known to reduce the effectiveness of oral contraceptives. A woman taking birth-control pills should always ask her healthcare provider about any possible effect on birth-control pill effectiveness when another drug is prescribed so that she can use an additional backup method of birth-control.

Taking birth-control pills does not seem to increase a woman's chances of developing cervical cancer or skin cancer. A few months after stopping birth-control pills, women who have taken pills become pregnant just as often as those who have not.

Birth-control pills alone provide no protection against the transmission of AIDS or other sexually transmitted diseases. It is advisable to use condoms with the birth-control pill to help prevent these infections.

UNM students may call the Women's Health Service of the UNM Student Health Center at 277-3136 for information about contraception, sexuality and relationships.

Offline TheDoctor

• He is my everything
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2006, 10:49:01 AM »
I think Shami provided an excellent explanation of everything talked about in this topic.  Yes there are side effects, but again pillsl are the most effective method of birth control.  Also, if you're counting days for ovulation, it doesn't work if your periods are irregular and you have to start counting from the day you start your period not the last day (many ladies think it's from the last day of the period).  As far as cancers go, yes there is an increase in breast cancer, but there really haven't been any documented studies as of yet and more studies are being done, just like what shami said.

The thing about a hard time getting pregnant, I asked my gyno about that and she said, usually the ladies that have that problem, had irregular menses before going on the pill and it's a little harder for them to get pregnant.  When a lady wants to get pregnant, she should come off the pill a month before planning and there should be no problems.

Another thing to mention, there are many pills that have come out where the dosage of estrogen (cause of most of the side effects) is low to help prevent those side effects.

Offline vanity_fair

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2006, 12:54:03 PM »
DIRTY SANCHEZ!

:loool:

THE BEST SOLUTION NO?

nasha, eeww.

Offline MalekthaA2RETA

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2006, 01:09:11 PM »
It's a personal choice and to each his or her own but I've learned not to trust most doctors advice.  Especially, when it involves chemical methods.  All the doctors advice has gotten me into the mess health wise I am in today.

I won't put any more chemicals or hormones in my body.......

But that' s me.........

Curious to know what your Dr. said about all the fertility clinics springiing up all over town over the past 5 years.......and why so many girls now even in their 20's are having such a hard time conceiving......????  He/she would most likely never admit to years and years of birth control use.........why because then they cannot profit.........

It's common sense, when you chemically tell your body not to do something for years and years then stopping it for a month and then finding you are infertile or it taking years to conceive........then they push you into a fertility clinic.......$$$$$

Infertility, disease, Cancer, illnesses are all  on the rise in America............and the main reason...........you've got it, the Doctor's pushing what the Drug companies tell them to push and lie about.

If they told you to eat right, avoid metals in your deoderant, etc. regular detoxification practices, exercise, do regular liver and gall bladder flushes, use chlorella, drink Goji juice, avoid refined sugars and white flours....... not to mention spiritual and emotional connections....(prayer, mediation) to promote balance......heck, then they'd have nothing to pump into you and treat you for...........they'd be broke!

They'd be out of business.........

Don't get me wrong if i were injured in a car wreck...........take me to the nearest trauma center!

But for anything other than that..........I get my annual blood tests then take it from there using natural means.

To each his own, personal choice. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 01:11:13 PM by assyrianlovely »

Offline shamirum

• Golden Member
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2006, 02:00:25 PM »
The birth control pill was literally a LIFE SAVER for most women when it was released, and it has only gotten safer and more accessible since then. There's a long story behind my statement, but I won't get into it too much, because we'll start discussing a much more controversial subject if I do (abortion). Basically, during the centuries before the pill, one method of birth control was to have "forced miscarriages" or strangely-conducted abortions, and many women died from these procedures, and it was usually married women who already had six or seven children to feed, and simply could not afford one more mouth. Methods like "pulling out" and the "rhythm method" (counting your days and taking your temperature to predict ovulation) were attempted (with much controversy on their own), but again these are not extremely effective.

Another thing we must admit and get over already is that many women who are on the pill today are not married, not planning to have children any time soon, and can not consider other options (such as a reversible vasectomy for their partner, because I highly doubt a man would undergo that procedure unless he was entirely committed, reversible or not). Short, casual sexual relationships happen all the time, whether you like it or not, and all this old-fashioned preaching about "love" I hear sometimes isn't going to change that; this is reality. People like to have sex; it's a part of what makes most of us human (or biological beings in general), and sex isn’t always to try and conceive children (because St. Augustine was full of crap, and his writings are where some of these notions arose).

Another point which is important to make is that most women do not stay on the pill consecutively for very long periods of time, especially if they ever plan to have children. The woman who takes the pill twenty years in a row is most likely a woman who has decided she doesn't want children and so it would be difficult to study her ability to get pregnant (hence, "long-term effects"). In fact, it's difficult to study any long-term effects of the pill because most women, again, do not take it for decades on end.

Whether I become a doctor or not, I believe most doctors, including our new one Dalia (TheDoctor, yay!), are in the field to help people. Some doctors, of course, like with any profession, only see dollar signs, but it isn't most, so I trust mine. I also trust research and the scientific method involved to help me understand these things, especially independent researchers (not affiliated with any pharmaceutical companies). That is why I honestly believe the birth control pill is one of the safest pills out there.

Offline baklawa

• Golden Member
  • No puppets allowed
    • Assyrian Aid Society of America
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2006, 02:12:58 PM »
I feel like I'm in high school again, when everyone was using terms that I was completely clueless about......

What's a dirty sanchez?!  I'm afraid to know the answer :bangin:
"January 2010, the nail in the coffin, the day Zowaa will die." Hilarious prediction posted by "chaldean."
March 2010: Zowaa wins 3 out of 5 seats in the Iraqi Parliament!

Offline MalekthaA2RETA

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2006, 03:10:40 PM »
Perhaps, Shamiram, but I can only speak for myself.  They put me on it supposedly to help me with acute PMS and pain..........5 days later I lost the feeling on my entire right side, arm, leg and fell when i got up from a chair........I gained 10lbs in water weight........the dr. took me off of it right away............

so, i'll never be convinced it's a healthy thing to do.

not everyone suffers the side-effiects or they don't show up until later.

but I most certainly did.

that's a just one of my experiences with medication..............I could write a book..........but I wont' don't worry LOL xoxoxoxoxoxo :loool:

Offline Angel2

• Special Member
  • 6/14/08
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2006, 03:36:55 PM »

yeah I meant it's not always 100% reversible....that is if you change your mind and you want to have children.......
"May the Lord Bless You & continually fill your heart with His Love. May He give you victory in every trial you face.....As you are blessed of the Lord, may you become a blessing in return to all those who share your life."   Audrey Jeanne Roberts

Offline Whatever

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2006, 03:59:33 PM »
I feel like I'm in high school again, when everyone was using terms that I was completely clueless about......

Haha don't ask. It's better that you don't know! Or ask Riza to PM you, it's not really child friendly to post it  :blush2:
'...here's Makalele. They can break here Chelsea. This could be the moment. Frank Lampard for Chelsea. It's Carvalho to his right. Lampard for the title...Lampard! It's 2-0, it's Chelsea's Championship and fifty years of waiting have come to an end...' 30th April 2005 - Reebok Stadium

Offline vanity_fair

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2006, 05:51:42 PM »

www.urbandictionary.com

Offline baklawa

• Golden Member
  • No puppets allowed
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2006, 05:55:21 PM »

www.urbandictionary.com

Oh my  :blush2:
"January 2010, the nail in the coffin, the day Zowaa will die." Hilarious prediction posted by "chaldean."

Offline RadRides

• Special Member
  • bar-b-que-nin king
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2006, 06:00:48 PM »
riza man.....

you should have said mushroom stamp  :lmao:

Offline baklawa

• Golden Member
  • No puppets allowed
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2006, 07:14:47 PM »
riza man.....

you should have said mushroom stamp  :lmao:

That urban dictionary sure comes in handy  :blink:

Offline MalekthaA2RETA

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2006, 10:12:31 PM »
I had to look it up too..................eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, brings new meaning to "how low can you go??"  where is the puke emoticon when you need one????!!!!!!!!!!!  uff.

[ Poll ] Poll for the MEN. Traits you look for in WOMEN!

Started by SenanBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 20
Views: 2010
Last post January 28, 2006, 05:12:59 PM
by Angel2
Do women dumb down to attract men?

Started by peachyBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 89
Views: 11197
Last post March 04, 2006, 01:52:18 AM
by Nuray
pretty women

Started by steelcity_guy19Board Jokes and Games

Replies: 13
Views: 1833
Last post March 08, 2006, 09:00:38 AM
by atourina
Russian women are the best

Started by HookahBoard Sports

Replies: 0
Views: 1007
Last post March 02, 2006, 07:45:23 PM
by Hookah
Things that women cant do in public!

Started by babylonxBoard Jokes and Games

Replies: 3
Views: 1073
Last post January 03, 2006, 10:45:19 AM
by atourina
Templates: 4: index (default), Ads (default), Display (default), SimTopics (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, simtopics_above, main, simtopics_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 8: index+Modifications.english (default), index+Modifications.english-utf8 (default), markItUp.english (default), markItUp.english-utf8 (default), SimTopics.english (default), SimTopics.english-utf8 (default), Ads.english (default), Ads.english-utf8 (default).
Style sheets: 0: .
Files included: 30 - 964KB. (show)
Queries used: 28.

[Show Queries]