Author Topic: An Average of 10 Indians Call me Daily!  (Read 657 times)

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
An Average of 10 Indians Call me Daily!
« on: March 11, 2006, 09:26:45 PM »
This is how serious this has got, to a point where I have to post it on these forums!

For about 4 months now, I get an average of 10 calls daily on my cell phone from Indians here in Toronto. Sometimes it reaches up to 20 calls. Sometimes as low as 1 or 2. But it is inevitable, at least on weekdays.

Who are these people and why are they calling me, you may ask?

Well, some stupid local Indian radio station has been advertising for a cheap insurance company. Their phone number happens to be the exact same as mine, including the area code. For the life of me, I don't know how this could happen? I mean even if it was advertised wrong the first time, how could they not correct it after?

I got so tired of it at one time, I told one of those Indians who called me to call the radio station which was advertising it to stop doing it because it is a personal number and not an insurance company.

Today they kept calling again, while I was at work. One time I picked up, and I told them the same story. The man was suprised, and told me:

"man, what are you talking about, I just called the company at this number, and the broker told me he was busy and to call him back, so I call back..."

Was he lying or did he really call my number before? if so, how can two individuals have the same number? it is impossible! After all, I have had this number for over 5 years now.

This better either stop or I will have to be creative a bit and do what my boss told me to do:

"When they call you, give them a quote and tell them to send you a check in advance, before you give them any real service..." hahaha  :lmao:

ASHOOR

-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline Angel2

• Special Member
  • 6/14/08
Re: An Average of 10 Indians Call me Daily!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 09:46:27 PM »
Ashoor, I swear all the weird things happen to you  :giggle:
Keep them rolling........................

Also the check thing sounds like a good idea hahahah
"May the Lord Bless You & continually fill your heart with His Love. May He give you victory in every trial you face.....As you are blessed of the Lord, may you become a blessing in return to all those who share your life."   Audrey Jeanne Roberts

Offline peachy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 10:05:33 PM »
I doubt the number would be the same as yours.

However it could be very similar with one digit different so those people im assuming are pressing the wrong last number or something and getting you.

Just call the insurance company directly and ask them to tell the indian people to make sure that they are pressing the correct digits.

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 10:05:33 PM »

Offline sargonthedon

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 07:22:40 PM »
id advise you to set up a small insurance brokeridge but the Pakis would ask for so much discount ud probably end up making a loss!

Offline Atour

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 09:21:32 PM »
I doubt the number would be the same as yours. However it could be very similar with one digit different so those people im assuming are pressing the wrong last number or something and getting you. Just call the insurance company directly and ask them to tell the indian people to make sure that they are pressing the correct digits.
You must be joking, right? <LOL>

Ashoor, just call the radio station and threaten them with a lawsuit (for advertising a private cell phone number) if they don't stop this. LOL. I know a good lawyer if you're looking into taking this a bit further..aahahaha... Can I get your cell phone number, or should I simply listen to the radio to get it?..aahahaha.. sorry, couldn't resist.  :lmao:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 10:57:19 PM by Atour »
The Lord is my light and my salvation; so why should I be afraid? The Lord protects me from danger; so why should I tremble? .. For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock. Ps 27:1,5

Sheik Abdul Bin Fallafel

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 11:40:39 PM »
Just insult them. Then they'll write letters and protest to the company.

I'd tell them that there is a new policy that anyone that wears a turban has to pay triple because there is a high chance they could be a suicide bomber and use the car as a weapon.

That will piss them off a lot.

Offline atourina

• I Am The Best :)
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 09:05:47 AM »
 :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

find out which radio station it is.. show up there.. and beat their asses...  :mrgreen:

i'd be so pissed off if so many people called me a day for stupid insurance

**Mean Girls Club**

Someone Call/Email WingedBull for me ASAP

Started by ASHOORBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 7
Views: 622
Last post December 31, 2005, 02:33:01 AM
by mechwarrior
Post your Dreams (Keep it Going, since we Dream Daily)

Started by ASHOORBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 50
Views: 3579
Last post February 26, 2006, 09:01:33 PM
by SlitUrAnkles
Free Daily Bible Verses

Started by gilbertBoard Culture & History

Replies: 7
Views: 2361
Last post November 29, 2005, 04:07:24 PM
by KhleeTa56
OPEN CALL- DESIGNERS THAT WANT TO HELP THE ASSYRIAN SOCIETY