Shocking Breaking News: Assyrian Bishop Mar Mari has been Stabbed!

We were only talking about this Brave Bishop few months a go on AVN, and today my biggest fear as a Christian has come true.

Our Beloved Mar Mari Emmanuel, has been stabbed during a live Sermon in Sydney. His attacker was a Lebanese Muslim who apparently was offended due to Mar Mari's recent Sermons on Islam. This is the World we live in today. There is no more Freedom of Speech. If you speak the Truth and speak your heart, you are due to offend many and some will resort to violence to silence you!

I wish Mar Mari a fast Recovery & Safe return to the church!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXTdcGvhkkU

It is indeed very sad and frustrating news I woke up to today, just as I was ready to announce and celebrate AVN's 25th anniversary. As you said and as others online mentioned, we escape this radical fanaticism at home, only for it to come chase us here in the west.

Even more shocking was when learnt the attacker is only 15 as he not only does he look much older, it is also how a 15 year old can already be so radicalized. Though to think about it, it is those fragile minds, that are still developing, that are easily manipulated.

Eddie, not only what we were discussing, just a few days ago, this is what I posted on twitter: and seeing the anger and rage of people outside the church, this tweet was spot on.

Here is a question I was thinking about, because I don't think this is the first time this happens (though not necessarily against an Assyrian person of course) : is it just me or do a lot of the Lebanese community members in Sydney seem radicalized? And I don't want to generalize but most of these religious-motivated crimes seem to be carried by them.
1713226648599.png

Last edited:
I heard the news, ironically from my ex brother in law, and then my cousin, and then I got the phone call from my mother. My uncles were in the hall at the time for "basamta d'risha", not not inside the church itself, but they had left just before the incident. One of my uncles only became aware of it after hearing about it on the radio news.

Unfortunately in this world, the one who has the courage to speak is the one who gets shut down. The political establishment don't like him. The religious establishment don't like him. The LGBT alphabet soups don't like him. In my opinion, they are all the same ikhre. No difference at all between them. They stand for the destruction of Western society and Mar Mari calls them out for it.

The attacker was allegedly acting alone. Not part of any group. But rumour right now is that he is a young Muslim who was enraged by one of Mar Mai's sermons where he was critical of Islam. A lone wolf, acting against somebody who is anti establishment? Those who have been on this website long enough know the ingredients that make me smell a rat.

For me, the big mystery is why there were "riots" outside the church and that police was injured in this. What was the reason for the riot when the parishioners would want this ikhre arrested? Again, rumour has it that word got out about police making an arrest in the church and too many people assumed it was the bishop himself who was arrested (remember, the authorities don't like him). But even this rumour makes no sense.

A dark day in Farfield history. A dark day in Assyrian history and a dark day for real Christians.

Wishing the legend, Mar Mari and the other injured people, a speedy recovery.

I just came across this video: tell me what you guys think of this?

While I see his point, this person is forgetting something: these gangsters and killers that he is talking about are not attending church.
The other thing he is forgetting is that these people in the church, as much as they are mad and enraged to witness what happened, they also have to be aware of the consequences to do something to this deranged person, including going to prison for a long time. Not to mention, while we have to do all we can to defend our people, we don't want it to end up costing us more than it should. Not to mention, it wouldn't look good on us as a community or faith to be associated with retribution killing etc.

And last but not least, the church members did act quickly and came to the defense of the bishop. In fact, their response was quick and swift, which prevented a tragic situation.

View: https://www.facebook.com/100000859136317/videos/947254680043231/

I heard the news, ironically from my ex brother in law, and then my cousin, and then I got the phone call from my mother. My uncles were in the hall at the time for "basamta d'risha", not not inside the church itself, but they had left just before the incident. One of my uncles only became aware of it after hearing about it on the radio news.

Unfortunately in this world, the one who has the courage to speak is the one who gets shut down. The political establishment don't like him. The religious establishment don't like him. The LGBT alphabet soups don't like him. In my opinion, they are all the same ikhre. No difference at all between them. They stand for the destruction of Western society and Mar Mari calls them out for it.

The attacker was allegedly acting alone. Not part of any group. But rumour right now is that he is a young Muslim who was enraged by one of Mar Mai's sermons where he was critical of Islam. A lone wolf, acting against somebody who is anti establishment? Those who have been on this website long enough know the ingredients that make me smell a rat.

For me, the big mystery is why there were "riots" outside the church and that police was injured in this. What was the reason for the riot when the parishioners would want this ikhre arrested? Again, rumour has it that word got out about police making an arrest in the church and too many people assumed it was the bishop himself who was arrested (remember, the authorities don't like him). But even this rumour makes no sense.

A dark day in Farfield history. A dark day in Assyrian history and a dark day for real Christians.

Wishing the legend, Mar Mari and the other injured people, a speedy recovery.

Well said Bani, agree with most of your points here.

Not sure what the law is in Australia and whether this person will be charged as an adult or minor, seeing that he is only 15. I feel like they will be soft on him, since the incident didn't result in death. You know how soft western countries are on certain groups and religions etc.

ASHOOR

They are too soft on juvenile crime. He will be charged as a juvenile, be told not to do it again and zero consequences.

While I see his point, this person is forgetting something: these gangsters and killers that he is talking about are not attending church.
The other thing he is forgetting is that these people in the church, as much as they are mad and enraged to witness what happened, they also have to be aware of the consequences to do something to this deranged person, including going to prison for a long time. Not to mention, while we have to do all we can to defend our people, we don't want it to end up costing us more than it should. Not to mention, it wouldn't look good on us as a community or faith to be associated with retribution killing etc.

And last but not least, the church members did act quickly and came to the defense of the bishop. In fact, their response was quick and swift, which prevented a tragic situation.

Everything you said is right. I have started a new job and my new colleagues know that I am Assyrian and that this community that was affected is close to my heart, but they all want to know the reason for the riots and fighting against the police who were there to arrest this boy. I had nothing to say, hence I am intrigued about why the riots and smashing of police cars even happened. We must not take the law into our on hands. Right now, calm heads are needed. At the end of the day, one teenager should not cause so much anger and grief and so many injuries, but our community seems to have caused more harm to the police than what this deranged teenager has done to our community. Again, details are still coming out.

Just a peaceful Muslim doing his job according to the good book of his. The hell with the media for not pointing the act for what it really is - An Islamic terrorist event. They were too afraid to mention it, even though the terrorist rat screamed "allahu akbar" and then said "if he didn't insult my prophet and religion, I wouldn't have come here".

And yet people still think Islamism is not a threat to Assyrians, and that some "outside forces" are. The more Muslims we have here, the more theyll tried to get rid us. There is no free speech in their world.

That all said and done, the Assyrian crowd resorting to violence and injuring policemen was atrocious (one got a broken jaw). The police are there to protect you and to arrest the terrorist. They weren't hiding him to set him free. This is NOT Iraq or Iran, where such things may happen. We can be such a sorry-lot. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

This guy is a buffoon. A male equivalent of a bimbo. A total hypocrite. So...he's telling us to not kill each other, and in the same breath he wants us to do revenge killing? Such logic. Stick with Arabic stuff habibi. You really doesn't make sense, Yonan. Also, his videos are very Iraqi in essence (I think he's a Chaldean), with a lot of Iraqi-based crap with their pathetic memes and whatnot. Why care about Assyrians now and incite violence? Get stuffed nasha.

This buffoon loves violence so much, that he recently criticized Netanyahu for defending Israel? What, now you're "peaceful"? Khashem, you want Assyrians defending themselves in a violent matter but your inner Iraqi Muslim mindset comes out when it comes to Jews defending themselves violently? So you want Assyrians to look bad, but not Israelis? In a way, his logic appears that way too. Lmao.😂

Hypocritical two-faced, logically inconsistent khashem.

It is indeed very sad and frustrating news I woke up to today, just as I was ready to announce and celebrate AVN's 25th anniversary. As you said and as others online mentioned, we escape this radical fanaticism at home, only for it to come chase us here in the west.

Even more shocking was when learnt the attacker is only 15 as he not only does he look much older, it is also how a 15 year old can already be so radicalized. Though to think about it, it is those fragile minds, that are still developing, that are easily manipulated.

Eddie, not only what we were discussing, just a few days ago, this is what I posted on twitter: and seeing the anger and rage of people outside the church, this tweet was spot on.

Here is a question I was thinking about, because I don't think this is the first time this happens (though not necessarily against an Assyrian person of course) : is it just me or do a lot of the Lebanese community members in Sydney seem radicalized? And I don't want to generalize but most of these religious-motivated crimes seem to be carried by them.
View attachment 13379

The Lebanese Youth of Sydney are Extremely Radicalized and very Dangerous to Society. They hold ISIS ideologies and if given any space & Freedom, they will not hesitate to carry be-headings and Terrorist attacks. Over 500 Men left Sydney in 2014 to Go fight with Isis in Syria & Iraq. Their Wives are crying out to the Australian Government to bring them back home!

The Issue gets more complex. Those same Youth are also running the Drug and Cigarette Markets in Sydney. They are part of Criminal Gangs and are real thugs, Seasoned criminals who will not hesitate to kill. They hide under the banner of Islam to justify their life Style. They walk down the Streets of Sydney like they own it.

As a preacher of the Christian faith, I have received my fair share of Death threats from these groups. 12 years a go, I was invited to a live Debate with a Muslim Cleric in an area of Sydney called Bankstown. After the debate ended, I was set upon by some of those thugs, my bible was burnt and it almost cost me my life when one of the thugs pulled a knife and was Ready to stab me in the heart. Only God knows how I made it a live.

The funny thing is, when I reported this incident to Police and explained what happened, they dismissed it and put the Blame on me for enticing trouble. They did nothing and case was Closed!

The lesson I learned since then is that You can never have a civil Debate with Muslims because their religion has so many Red Lines that you can not Cross. Any mention of their Prophet or other Islamic Figures is a Red line and will offend them easily.

When you Mix Islam with Criminal Gangs & Thugs, you have a very Dangerous Situation. The Police in Sydney know those thugs one by one. They have them all in Check but for how Long?

I am a Big Fan of Mar Mari.... he has helped me a lot in recent years in getting closer to Apostolic Churches and learning to accept one another, despite our theological differences. His stabbing upset me, but then what even upset me more is the Reaction of his followers and Church members.

Whom in their right mind attacks the Police and attacks the Ambulances who went to help and carry the Injured to Hospital?

What is so disappointing to me is the Fact that Mar Mari has been preaching for years on Deaf ears. His followers seem to take his sermons with one Ear and then flush it out with the other. I have always called them " The Carnal Christians". Christians by barely just a name. They have next to a Zero understanding of the Christian Faith and despite all of Mar Mari's efforts to bring some of those people back to Church, nothing seems to change...

Its like the old Saying " Assyrians will always be Assyrians ". We are not made to be Christians that live based on Love & Forgiveness. We have our own serious issues of Assyrian Gangs, Drugs, crimes and the lot. Some of those Assyrian youth do attend the Church but nothing Seems to have gotten to them.

Mar Mari will be very upset and disappointed when he hears what happened outside of his Church.

I am a Big Fan of Mar Mari.... he has helped me a lot in recent years in getting closer to Apostolic Churches and learning to accept one another, despite our theological differences. His stabbing upset me, but then what even upset me more is the Reaction of his followers and Church members.

Whom in their right mind attacks the Police and attacks the Ambulances who went to help and carry the Injured to Hospital?

What is so disappointing to me is the Fact that Mar Mari has been preaching for years on Deaf ears. His followers seem to take his sermons with one Ear and then flush it out with the other. I have always called them " The Carnal Christians". Christians by barely just a name. They have next to a Zero understanding of the Christian Faith and despite all of Mar Mari's efforts to bring some of those people back to Church, nothing seems to change...

Its like the old Saying " Assyrians will always be Assyrians ". We are not made to be Christians that live based on Love & Forgiveness. We have our own serious issues of Assyrian Gangs, Drugs, crimes and the lot. Some of those Assyrian youth do attend the Church but nothing Seems to have gotten to them.

Mar Mari will be very upset and disappointed when he hears what happened outside of his Church.

You made a lot of interest points here, a lot of which I have been contemplating last 24 hrs and I will have more to say soon when I get a chance.

The Assyrian thugs who came at the end, after the arrests had been made, would not know Jesus Christ if they tripped over him. They probably would not know what the inside of a church looks like. They are uneducated dole-bludging gangsta wannabee no-hopers. I heard 2 arrests have been made and several others will be made today.

Once again, the fringe element in our community embarrass the community. Imagine, a "terrorist attack" agains Assyrians, yet more Assyrians than non-Assyrians get arrested.

The ironic part, unlike with Eddie's example above, the police actually did their job and the majority of our community have praised the police for what they did. These thugs (apparently not all were Assyrian but Lebanese (Maronite) and Egyptian (Coptic) were among them) are looking for legitimacy in their communities but the reality is, they are dole-bludging no-hopers, who are just as bad as the thug who stabbed Mar Mari. I hope they all get arrested and thrown in prison. Their escalation was totally unnecessary and neanderthal-like.

So we have all had over 24 hours to think and reflect on this, what happened and how the community responded etc. Although I don't live in Sydney, but through my observation, I am seeing two different camps

Camp 1 advocates for a more aggressive approach, suggesting that the assailant should have been dealt with more severely, even to the extent of lethal force. While acknowledging the importance of self-defense and commending those who swiftly protected the Bishop, the idea of taking the attacker's life, particularly within the church premises, is met with concern. Such actions, it's argued, could tarnish the reputation of Mar Mari's church and its congregation, exacerbate existing tensions within the Assyrian community in Sydney, and potentially incite interfaith discord on a broader scale.

On the other hand, Camp 2 holds a contrasting perspective, expressing satisfaction with the handling of the situation and condemning any calls for violence. Members of this camp emphasize the importance of maintaining a Christian attitude, denouncing the notion of resorting to lethal measures even in the face of danger. While acknowledging the necessity of defending Mar Mari, they stress the need to prevent further escalation and advocate for a peaceful resolution.

Our community should really be careful in how they respond to this attack in the coming days and weeks: we should be united and swift in our rejection of such violence, and that it will never be tolerated. At the same time, let us not overreact to the point where the media suddenly make us look worse than the attacker or those who share his evil ideology.

Camp 1 is represented by the video I posted above. While Camp 2 is represented by this level-headed person in the video below.

Camp 1 are uneducated dole-bludging gangster wannabes. They have once again, tarnished the name of Assyrians, all for their own personal glory. They aren't much better than the 15/16 (the media keeps changing his age) punk who started this in the first place. The police did their job and they did it properly. If it were Muslims that were attacking the police under those circumstances, we would not have heard the end of it from Camp 1.

Unbelievable how the Media changed the attention from a Serious Terrorist attack by a Muslim into an Assyrian Riot in which Police are now chasing those Men to Arrest them!

Funnily enough, the 16 year old Kid has not been charged at all. He is still in Hospital. As usual, Kids do not face Serious consequences... he will be Freed soon and sooner or later, another attack will occur

It's fascinating to see how this story keeps evolving and taking on new dimensions.

In addition to what Eddie and Bani mentioned about the community's outrage towards the police, there's now a peculiar narrative emerging, including from some within our Assyrian community.

Firstly, there's been a surprising amount of public disdain towards the bishop since the incident, with some even resorting to name-calling. It's disheartening to witness, as it sends a negative message to our adversaries. We should stand united in support of our own, especially in times of adversity.

Adding to the complexity, there's a new perspective from the Coptic community. I recently came across a video shared by a relative, featuring a Coptic priest expressing sympathy for the assaulted priest initially, but then launching into a scathing critique of the bishop and, by extension, the Assyrian Church. His use of derogatory terms like 'Nestorian' only adds to the divisiveness. It's unfortunate that instead of universal condemnation and support, we're seeing divisive attacks.

Fortunately, there have been voices of reason, like Ennana Mardoukh, who provided a compelling video response to the Coptic priest's accusations. She eloquently highlighted the need for unity and condemned the judgmental attitude displayed.

While I deeply respect the Coptic Christians for their faith, I must also critique their tendency towards judgmentalism, particularly towards other faiths like ours. This incident should have brought us together in condemnation, not further division. Couldn’t this Coptic bishop not wait a few months, until Mar Mari has healed, before you tell us how you feel about him and how he is not a true Christian according to your ‘god appointed’ highness.

Anyway, hope cooler heads prevail and we get back to the root of this story: for Mar Mari to heal and get back to his community and for the attacker to face harsh justice.

Mar Mari put Assyrians back on the world map, I’ve had so many people who know I’m Assyrian reach out to me about Mar Mari. Despite our toxic ways and our bad reputation, the entire world is paying attention to Mar Mari, watching his sermons. The most popular and revered warrior of Jesus Christ is Assyrian. We all have to start looking in the mirror and ask ourselves are we worthy of this beautiful leader that Jesus sent to us? We have to protect him, listen to him and follow his teachings, because he’s the only one who’s pulling our collar and yanking us out of the devil’s hands. Not just us, the whole world. He’s too valuable, we can’t lose him. All this Mumbo jumbo Nestorian stuff , being expelled by egotistical and politically motivated higher ups in our church doesn’t bother me. The devil is already inside the Vatican, he’s in also in the church of the east. Mar Mari is preaching that Jesus is GOD the alpha the omega to me that’s a bishop. Let’s face it, we have thousand Assyrians who don’t even speak or understand Assyrian, there’s Mar Mari preaching in English and to make it even better for those who can’t hear , all his videos are subtitled. Unlike our typical church with old deacons singing hymns with phlegm in their throats.

Mar Mari put Assyrians back on the world map, I’ve had so many people who know I’m Assyrian reach out to me about Mar Mari. Despite our toxic ways and our bad reputation, the entire world is paying attention to Mar Mari, watching his sermons. The most popular and revered warrior of Jesus Christ is Assyrian. We all have to start looking in the mirror and ask ourselves are we worthy of this beautiful leader that Jesus sent to us? We have to protect him, listen to him and follow his teachings, because he’s the only one who’s pulling our collar and yanking us out of the devil’s hands. Not just us, the whole world. He’s too valuable, we can’t lose him. All this Mumbo jumbo Nestorian stuff , being expelled by egotistical and politically motivated higher ups in our church doesn’t bother me. The devil is already inside the Vatican, he’s in also in the church of the east. Mar Mari is preaching that Jesus is GOD the alpha the omega to me that’s a bishop. Let’s face it, we have thousand Assyrians who don’t even speak or understand Assyrian, there’s Mar Mari preaching in English and to make it even better for those who can’t hear , all his videos are subtitled. Unlike our typical church with old deacons singing hymns with phlegm in their throats.

Well said and this was powerful: “ The most popular and revered warrior of Jesus Christ is Assyrian”!

Oh and your last line is funny lol 😀

Ashoor

Mar Mari is the only Bishop in probably Apostolic Church history who is a True Evangelist and one who Speaks his mind and gives out Sermons that are directly related to the bible and is not afraid to speak about all Issues.

The Sad thing that upsets me with Assyrians is that they are their own Enemy. Despite all of what Mari is doing, You have Mar Meelis, the Bishop of the ACOE church come out publicly to mock Mar Mari because of his Style of Preaching and then threaten him with Legal action.

In Addition, We have some Coptic Bishops who have condemned Mar Mari because they think he is a heretic Nestorian, not to mention some of my own Protestant hypocrites who are quick to label him the Devil because his Theology is not exactly 100%

Great to see you bro once again... Keep coming back here!

You are Spot on....Mar Mari has brought many young people back to the Church and Many are picking up their Bibles again instead of living the thug Life Style which is so popular in Sydney, Australia. He is the only Bishop that connects to all kind of people, not just Assyrians through his preachings in Assyrian, Arabic and English.

I have met him and Spoken to him in length, he is a very educated man. I do not see him as a Bishop but more like a Brother!

Compared to other Bishops, he is the only one who is approachable. Other Bishops only sit on the Throne with their King made Clothes and reach out their hands for people to Kiss. I don't even want to get started on them lol.

The Sad thing that upsets me with Assyrians is that they are their own Enemy. Despite all of what Mari is doing, You have Mar Meelis, the Bishop of the ACOE church come out publicly to mock Mar Mari because of his Style of Preaching and then threaten him with Legal action.

In Addition, We have some Coptic Bishops who have condemned Mar Mari because they think he is a heretic Nestorian, not to mention some of my own Protestant hypocrites who are quick to label him the Devil because his Theology is not exactly 100%
And this my friend is not just an Assyrian problem, but a Christian problem. Instead of concentrating on commonalities such as a belief in Jesus Christ the saviour, they argue about how many fingers you should use when doing the sign of the cross and whether you go from right to left, or left to right. I could never understand the hatred between Croatians (Catholic) and Serbians (Orthodox), nor the hatred in Northern Ireland between Protestants and Catholics, but our own Assyrians are almost as bad. To the best of my knowledge (and I am happy to be corrected), none of the other Assyrian Christian leaders have come out in any show of support.

Ironically, these issues have led to Mar Mari being popular, not just with Assyrians longing for spiritual guidance, but plenty of non-Assyrians have been interviewed by the media who are parishioners.

Back